I swear I'll hit you!

The Train

“Whoa! You hit him?” Victoria’s amazement showed all over her face as Luhan kept apologizing to Sehun. The first thing that she had seen waking up was Sehun’s black eye.

“I’m sorry.” Luhan kept bowing repeatedly as Sehun sulked in the corner “And it’s not my fault either. I get my temper from my dad.”

“You got a pretty mean punch for kid!” Victoria was now rolling on the floor, laughing.

“Sehun, say something.”

“What you did was… I’m sorry, I can’t keep this up.” And with that, he joined Victoria in fit of laughter.

“Wh…what?” Luhan just stared at them, half-way between bows.

“Look.” Victoria pointed at Sehun’s eye.

The blemish that had once been was now disappearing from under his skin.

“One of the kicks of being dead.” Sehun laughed.

 

Luhan let out a sigh of relief but his face quickly contorted into that of rage. He punched Sehun again, but this time in the rib.

“I dare ya to call me a girl again.” He finished in a low whisper.

 

“Must have been some dad you had, Luhan.” Victoria said, getting up. “If you two wanna stay here in this boring compartment, then please do. Don’t mind me”

 

Now that she mentioned it, Luhan noticed that it looked different from some of the other cars he had been to so far. It looked normal.

 

“Why does…?”

“Cuz’ it’s off limits to Reapers, Undertakers and Scorekeepers, and that means no Chanyeol.” Sehun answered Luhan’s unfinished question.

 

So that’s why they had disappeared.

His thoughts were interrupted when Victoria tugged at his shirt.

“C’mon, Punchy”

“Don’t call me that.”

“How ‘bout Lulu?”   

“You can call me Punchy.”

“I like Lulu better.”

 

Sehun had already disappeared behind the door. The sweet, sweet door.

The two souls followed suit.

The next part of the Train actually screamed ‘Chanyeol-the happy virus’.

The place was like long aisle without the seats and the hundred smileys floating around in mid-air just made no sense.

 

Some of the smileys floating their way started singing

                                                  Joy to the world that you have died. Died your death!

 

“So cheerful.” Luhan said glumly, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

 

“You should be glad. They used to tell you about your funeral a few months back.” Sehun shivered. “You should have heard what my Aunt said. Hint, she went there, drunk, stayed there, drunk and left there_Surprise_drunk.”

 

“Vicky!” someone yelled from the other side. It was a girl with her hair tied into pigtails.

“Sulli! There you are.” Victoria waved back.

 

“I’ll show you around.” Sehun pulled Luhan away.

 

“What about Victoria?” Luhan asked, looking back.

“She has her own group.”

 

They stepped into the next car, the volleyball car, where a thousand miniature skeletons were playing with their heads.

 

“You don’t need to worry about breaking them. They can put themselves back into place.” Sehun told Luhan, who was tip-toeing his way through.

 

“How big is this Train?”

“Dunno. Suho said it goes on forever and Chanyeol keeps messing around with the design.”

“What’s beyond this Train.”

 

Sehun went quiet but then…

“I’ll show you.”

 

He pulled Luhan towards one of the windows.

“Outside, above every window, you’ll find a ladder.”

 

He guided him up onto one of the bottom rung.

 

“Keep climbing and I’ll meet you up there.”

 

“But it’s raining.”

 

“It’s always raining.”

 

Luhan’s expectations were not met when he reached the roof. He wasn’t dripping wet and he didn’t feel like he’d fall off any second.

 

“Look around you.” Sehun said, climbing up after him.

The steam that had almost been at an eye-level was now under him. Instincts kicked in and he felt a void inside him, telling him not to go into the fog.

 

“Feels like you’re on a plane, doesn’t it.” Sehun spoke from behind, his already-windswept hair being blown into his face.

“Never been on a plane.”

“Really? Never? You’re not gonna cry about it now, are you?

“Why would I?”

“I don’t want to be rude but aren’t girls supposed to be sensitive?”

 

And a punch was all he got from Luhan.

 

XXX