Reality?!

The Train

"If you don't have school today you could at least help out in the kitchen."

"Why are you so eager to get rid of me, dad?"

"Because you're not doing anything."

"No. That's not the reason." Luhan stated, keeping his eyes down on his bowl as he slurped down the noodles'

The man on the other side of the counter sighed.

"It's because I don't want the customer's seeing you eat here for free."

"I'm your son!"

Some of the other people in the small family shop turned their heads at the sudden outburst.

"Heh heh. Nothing to see here folks. Enjoy your meals." His father kept laughing awkwardly at the customers as he forced Luhan into the kitchen.

"And stay here."

"Yah! Give me back my lunch!" The 17-year-old yelled.

Luhan knew what was coming after he opened his mouth and instinctively ducked as the noodle bowl came flying in his direction, crashing into the wall behind him.

"That was your bowl, old man." And with that Luhan finally shut up.

XXX

An hour had passed from the little incident and Luhan was still in the kitchen.

"Can I come out now, dad?" Luhan whispered slowly through the small gap in the door.

"I don't wanna wash anymore dishes with mum. I have blisters. See." He held out his hands.

"Fine but throw a tantrum again and I swear I will push hot water up your nose."

"You really have a morbid sense of humor, you know."

Luhan stepped out into the diner. Most of tables were empty by now except for a few slow eaters and a shady guy. A very very shady guy.

His eyes narrowed at the customer. The stranger was sitting and hunched over but it was pretty obvious that he was abnormally tall.  Bleached locks fell out of his black hoodie, covering his eyes.

Luhan nearly toppled over in his seat trying to get a better look at him. What was wrong with him? He knew that if he got too close  to him to just see his face, his father would put him through the meat grinder.

The man got up from his table and headed for the door.

"Who was that?" Luhan asked a passing waitress, pulling at her sleeve.

"Who was who?"

"You know. Guy in the black hood and a thousand chains around his neck."

"You watch way too much sci-fi flick, Luhan." And she walked off without giving him a second thought.

This was even more disturbing than before. Having a weirdo in the diner was one thing but having an imaginary serial killer roam around in front of him was a completely different thing.

Luhan decided to go after him. It wasn't like he was already out of town or something, right?

XXX