24.

A Second Chance

Okay, so I have an update for you~! My heart was hurting for not doing this sooner when I should have, so I hope you enjoy this ^^ please forgive me!


Dada took a deep breath, bending over from the effort of running. On their way from the castle he had handed Joko the bird and pushed himself faster. He was a few minutes ahead of Joko now as he stepped up to the door to the largest of the Matoki domes. The light of the eclipse had all but faded and the bright building glowed orange. His breath made his mask sweat against his cheeks and it began to itch against his skin when the large, transparent doors slid open to let him in.

“Dada? What are you doing here!? Everyone’s out looking for you! And the others! How could you-”

“Wait Yoyo!” She had prepared herself for their return but was shocked to see just one. “Listen to me.” He panted and doubled over again attempting to regain himself completely. He was distracted by what he knew was happening at the castle. It scared more than anything he’d imagined could. “I need to see the king.” Yoyo’s eyes burned where she stared, right into Dada’s own. She frightened him as well the way she sauntered over to his folded form and forced him upright. Her lips were curled into a snarl but her eyes hinted at something he couldn’t prepare himself for. His face burned like her stare as her paw met his covered cheek.

“How could you! Why would you do that?! I’m…so…furious!” She smacked the top of his head as he hunched in pain, a feeble effort to get away from her hands.

“Let me explain!” Yoyo paused, huffing as she crossed her arms. Her entire body ached from fury.

“I shouldn’t let you.” Speaking through her teeth was all she could do not to hit him again. Although it was stress relief she did feel slightly guilty for causing him some pain.

“I need to see your father. Joko’s on his way with something.”

“With what?” The fire in Yoyo’s eyes was dying down and curiosity was starting to overcome her anger.

“I can’t explain it.” Dada tried his best to show her how sincere he was. “The others are okay, I promise, but this is important. Tats told us to come straight here.” He felt his worry growing as Yoyo paused, taking a deep breath as she deliberated. Relief washed over him quickly as she huffed one last time before stepping aside. “Thank you!” His delight was too much and scowled slightly as he shook her hands before running past towards the wooden doors at the back of the dome. It was carved like the throne behind him with different stories of Matoki history. Dada tapped his paw against it and the knocking resounded loudly from both sides of the door.

“Come in.” The response was muffled but audible so Dada pushed lightly and stepped into a smaller connecting room. There were more doors attached which he could easily assume were things like the bedroom and bathroom, but it was the far wall that held his focus. There was a large wooden desk, the same as the door but polished and smooth in the centre. Maki looked alarmed when his gaze met the other’s. “Dada? What’s going on? Have you been running?”

The Matoki checked behind him for Joko but he hadn’t appeared yet. He was still a little out of breath when the old king stood from behind his desk, pulling himself around and meeting Dada half way. Worry creased his brow, adding more lines to the ones age had already given him.

“Uh well there’s something Joko and I want to show you, but he isn’t here just yet.” Dada couldn’t help himself from looking back again, in time to see Yoyo slip through the door and close it softly.

“Dada.” The king’s voice was quiet but firm, forcing Dada’s attention to him. Maki didn’t say anything more, he conveyed all his questions with a look.

“Uh. Well…we kind of…” Dada rubbed the back of his neck. His voice was weak and the air felt heavy around him with Yoyo and Maki’s stares locked on him. “We snuck out, and um…we went to the Tyrant’s castle.” He laughed shakily. “When we went inside, we split up and I went with Joko, and Keke and Shishi went together.”

The King’s brows furrowed further and he seemed to be deep in thought. “Do you know where they went?” Dada just shook his head furiously before opening his mouth, attempting to find the right words before speaking.

“We just…split up? But Joko and I walked for a few hours, that place is like a maze!” His hands were moving about him, animating his words as he spoke. “We found this room, it was amazing!” His voice coloured with excitement and Yoyo’s ears perked. “There were trees and bushes and even a small little creek! It was like the forest but inside this giant room. I think we were really deep down too since there was no light most of the way. Oh!” Dada felt like he was rambling but he wanted to tell them everything as quickly as possible. “The light was so cool. It was bright and filled the whole room, like sunlight! It was like a dream! Except, nothing was making the light. At least, at first I didn’t think it did.” Dada cocked his head when the door flew open, screeching as it wasn’t used to being open so wide. “Joko!”

He didn’t greet them with a smile but just pushed on Dada’s shoulder. “What’s wrong with you? Did you do that on purpose?” The younger just stared uncomprehending. “Are you trying to make a point that you can run faster than me?! Not only that, I had to carry the freaking bird! We could have carried it together you know.” His anger dissipated when he noticed the others in the room. “Ah, sorry. Um, here?” Joko presented the bird with outstretched arms, bowing his head, curious to know if he’d be scolded with such a thing in his hands. Knowing Yoyo, he knew it was entirely possible.

Joko heard her step forward, but before any words passed her lips, Joko heard a gasp from the king. “Where did you find this?” Maki’s voice was lower than before, cracking at the last word like he’d witnessed something terrible.

“Um, it was in the big room I told you about. That’s where the light was coming from!” Dada’s eyes blazed with curiosity and Maki was taken aback.

“This…this was inside the Tyrant’s castle?” The king look disgusted at the idea that the Tyrants would have such a bird. Joko and Dada nodded.

“Appa? What is it?”

 

 


Don't forget to vote for B.A.P ^^

http://mama.interest.me/visite?s=1351071044304

you can do that there^