Chapter 7

I Belong To You

*Bastard= saekki 

Mee Yon pushed her way through the crowded streets and groups of people, calling out to Chen, trying to keep up with him. “JongDae- ah! Wait!”  She knew it was pointless calling out to him, her voice was weak against the loud car horns and the chattering of people. 
 
“Where the hell is he going?” she mumbled, pushing her way through the tight squeeze. Just as she was slipping through, she felt a large hand yank her back. She turned around, face to face once again with Bong Chol.  “What do you want?” She questioned, snatching her arm back,  anxious to catch up to Chen. At this moment, what Bong Chol had to say to her seemed to be the last thing on her mind. 
 
“What do you mean, what do I want? I want answers why where you with that punk, Kim JongDae?!” he snapped at her. Mee Yon rolled her eyes, “It’s none of your concern!” she said turning away, BongChol forcefully turned her back around.  
 
 
“It is my business!” He scolded back, Mee Yon immediately cut him off, “Why?! We aren’t together anymore remember! You’re a low down, dirty *saekki, you lied to me about everything, and then after all of this you still want to talk about what happen? I wont let you make a fool of me again Bong Chol, not ever again!” 
 
MeeYon stared at Bong Chol for a moment, neither of them said a word. “I’m sorry.” Bong Chol said lowering his head. Mee Yon chuckled, “Sorry won’t work this time.” She took slow, small steps back, with tears in her eyes.  “It won’t work this time.” she ran off, leaving Bong Chol, hopefully for good. 


 
♦♦

 
When she finally caught up with Chen, she didn’t know whether to be upset or laugh at him. “I can’t believe this.”  She thought approaching him, “After a fight with Bong Chol, he goes and gets ice cream?” 

 
“Hey!” Mee Yon called out, waving her hands in the air.  Chen noticed her and  raised his hand in the air, signaling that he saw her. Walking over to her, Chen smiled, “ Want some ice cream?”  Mee Yon glanced up at Chen before she burst into laughter. 
 
“What’s so funny?” 
 
He chuckled. “You are!”
 
She giggled, “ After a fight you go out for ice cream?” 
 
“I got hungry.” he smiled as she looked up at him, “Oh no.” she said pulling out a napkin out of her pocket. “Your face is bleeding…” she said slowly gently wiping his cut, Chen took hold of her hand and slowly lowered it. 
 
“Park Mee Yon, have you been…crying?” he asked. MeeYon turned her head in embarrassment. “My eyes are still puffy, huh?” 
 
 
Chen looked at her with worry, “Was it because of me?” 
 
Mee Yon shook her head rapidly , “No, you’ve don’t nothing wrong, it was, an old friend."

Chen wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her tightly . “Very few people think that what they're doing is bad, and usually the people who think what they're doing is bad it has more to do with guilt. Don’t let anyone take you for granted, always stand up for yourself okay?”
 
MeeYon squeezed her eyes shut and embraced Chen as feelings overwhelmed her.  
 
“I met a stranger just yesterday, and he’s already become someone who cares about me so much, without question he took me in and cares for me, like a brother… thank you Kim Jong Dae.”