Chapter 5

I Belong To You

 

Chen paused for a moment, taking another sip of his coffee and looked at Mee Yon before smiling again.  
 
“Well. Why not?” 
 
Mee Yon gave a puzzled look, “What? So your telling me you doing all of this, because you want to?”
 
“Well, why not? I mean it’s out of the kindness of my heart, I know it’s weird and sort of creepy but it’s just how I was raised.”  Chen blushed looking down.  “In the words of my mother, if you can’t accept my kindness; I’ll happily take everything back.”
 
Mee Yon didn’t speak for a moment, she didn’t know what to say. As much as she wanted to be angry or happy about this, she couldn’t find the right words for it.
 
“Thank you, JongDae, I’m sorry --”
 
“You don’t need to apologize, really, besides I guess it was my fault for panicking you.”
 
Mee Yon and Chen both bowed their heads and started eating. 
 
“So, tell me about yourself Park Mee Yon.”
 
“I am 19 years old, I go to Seoul Institute of Art,  I live with my best friend Choon He, and I have a boyfriend Bong--”
 
Mee Yon stopped herself, remembering a flashback. 
 
“I never loved you--”   the words echoed through her head, she felt her stomach drop. 
 
“I- I…” Mee Yon stuttered she felt her face burn with embarrassment.
 
“Are you okay?”  Chen questioned with concern. 
 
“I-I’m fine, I just need to go to the bathroom, excuse me.” She murmured standing up , quickly bowing. 
 
 
Coming out of the restroom Mee Yon, took a deep breath.  
 
“I’m so stupid, I’m so stupid! He is not my boyfriend. He is NOT my boyfriend” she thought to herself walking back to the table. She squeezed her eyes tightly for a moment. 
 
“Mee Yon?” 
 
Mee Yon’s eyes shot open, heart began to race rapidly. She prayed it wasn’t who she thought it was but she  knew that voice so well, she slowly turned around.  Bong Chol standing before her. 
 
“How are you?”
 
She quickly looked down at her feet, she couldn’t look him in the face not after what happen yesterday . As much as she wanted to walk away from him her legs wouldn’t let her. She slowly peeled her lips apart, opening her hoping something would come out,she her face began to heat up again. 
 
“I-I’m fine, and you?”
 
BongChol gave a sincere smile, “ I’m good, so yesterday what had happen I--”
 
“ Mee Yon’s hand struck his face, hard. 
 
“H-HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME!” Mee-Yon’s voice shook with anger as she spoke.” 
 
“Oh yeah…I’m sorry for…um.. smacking you.”
 
Bong Chol gave an uneasy laugh, “It’s fine. But I feel like we got off on the wrong hand, so can we talk about it? “
 
“No.” she debated in her head.
 
“Of course.” 
 
“Great ! So what’s a good time for you--?” 
 
“OPPPAAA!” a nasal voice hollered. 
 
Mee Yon looked up to see a girl, running over towards her and Bong Chol. 
 
The girl latched onto Bong Chol’s arm and stared at Mee Yon.
 
“Oppa, who’s this?”
 
“Ah, Hana go wait for me at the table--”
 
The girl stuck her hand, “I’m Hana, I’m Bong Chol’s fiancé. And you?”
 
Mee Yon’s chest felt like a thousand knives had been jabbed in it. 
 
“F-fiancé?”