Chapter 6

I Belong To You

“Yes, fiancée!” Hana smiled squeezing Bong Chol’s arm tighter. 

 
Mee Yon stood before them dumbfounded. Once again Bong Chol had made a fool out of her. 
 
“I am Park Mee Yon, an old friend.”  she mumbled. 
 
“H-He’s engaged….”
 
Mee Yon forced an uneasy smile on her face, as her eyes shot over to Bong Chol she could see the guilt spread over his face. “Congratulations you two.” 
 
“Thank you! Would you like to come to our wedding it‘s next week. “she exclaimed. 
 
“Next week.” Mee Yon could feel tighten as the words repeated in her head. 
 
“Hana I-I don’t thin-” Bong Chol intruded. 
 
Hana ignored him, reaching into her purse pulling out a small yellow envelope with the small brown writing of “Bong Chol and Hana’s Wedding Ceremony” 
 
Just as Mee Yon’s fingers brushed against it, a large hand grabbed it. Mee Yon pressed her fingers together tightly and tugged  back at the envelope. Looking up to see Bong Chol staring at her. She squinted her eyes and frowned at him.
 
“Thank you, well it was nice meeting you Hana…”  she said snatching the envelope out of his hand, turning away.
 
“Mee Yon wait--” 
 
Mee Yon could hear Bong Chol call her name as she slowly walked back at her table. She ignored him. They’re was nothing he could say to her, nothing he could say to change the way she felt right now.  
 
“Is everything okay Mee Yon?” Chen asked as she approached the table. 
 
Mee Yon sat down at the table. 
 
“No, I’m fine. Sorry for keeping you waiting.”
 
“Oh it’s fine.” Chen said taking a bite out of his food. 
 
 
For a moment she didn’t look up she just stared blankly at her hands, resting in her lap. 
 
“I won’t let this happen again. I won’t blindly fall in love with a man again. Never again will I let someone steal my heart from me.--” 
 
“Mee Yon are you okay?” Chen said taking notice. 
 
She looked up, snapping out of her trance, and frowned. “I feel weak, can we leave?”
 
“Ah sure.” 
 
Chen stood up and walked over to the cashier and said a few words, walking back over to her. 
 
“Are you ready?”
She nodded and stood up, Chen put his arm on her back as they slowly walked out of the cafe. She gave a quick glance back at Bong Chol and his new fiancée.
 
 
Walking out side Chen walked Mee Yon to the car. “I’ll be right back, I left my wallet inside.”  he said as he hurried back inside. Mee Yon waited for Chen to come back, she swayed side to side and stared at her odd reflection in the mirror. 
 
“I wonder what’s taking him so long…” she asked.
 
She walked back to the restaurant, hearing a sudden crash and commotion coming from the entrance,  she began sprinting.
 
“JongDae!” she yelled walking into the café, seeing Chen slamming Bong Chol onto a table, both struggling to gain control of each other, women shrieking as the two came near them. Throwing punches and cheap shots.
 
“JongDae! Stop!” Mee Yon hollered in the mist of chaos. 
 
Chen stopped everything he was doing, and turned towards Mee Yon. 
 
“I- I am sorry.”  
 
Chen stood up and walked over to a broken table picking up his wallet and apologized to everyone in the restaurant and walked out, everyone stared at Mee Yon as she flashed an unattractive red. She bowed and followed after Chen. 
 
Running back to the car, she thought. 
 
“How embarrassing....for Bong Chol. JongDae has some explaining to do.” 


A/N:
:D comment and tell me what you think! thanks for reading! <3