Chapter 4

I Belong To You

Mee Yon hesitated as she opened the bathroom door. 

 
“I wonder what he wants to give me.”
 
As the door opened, she slowly poked her head through. Walking down the narrow hallway a small table placed on the left had side caught her attention. As she approached it, she read the small print. 
 
“Kim JongDae 9 months.” 
“JongDae’s first day of elementary school” 
 
She laughed at the pictures. 
 
“Do you like my pictures?” Chen whispered into her ear causing her to jump. 
 
“Ah, I was g-going to the kitchen like you t-told me…-”
 
Chen’s laugh echoed through the empty apartment. 
 
“I was just being playful.”
 
Mee Yon nodded and gave an uneasy laugh. She did not know why but Chen’s smile brought her a sense of easiness, and comfort.  
 
Walking into the kitchen Chen handed her a box with a bright red ribbon on it. 
 
“A present?” she said looking up at him.
 
Chen smiled and motioned for her to open it.
 
She look intently at the shoes in the box. “T-these shoes are so expensive…how?”
 
Chen grinned, “Don’t ask questions…just accept it. Besides, you needed new shoes, last night you became my Cinderella.”
 
Mee Yon blushed, *DID HE JUST CALL ME HIS CINDERELLA.*
 
 “Would you like something to eat?” 
 
She rubbed her stomach. “Oh yeah that’s right…I didn’t eat anything last night."

"Sure."
 

“I’ll go order for us.” Chen said getting up.

“When he asked if I wanted something to eat, I thought he was going to cook.” Mee Yon laughed to herself. 
 
Chen had taken them to a small café just a few blocks from where he lived.  Mee Yon looked around the café and played with the things on the table until she finally realized something. 
 
She was having breakfast with a person she had not known for 24 hours, who bought her a pair of expensive shoes. And no one knew where she was. 
 
She slammed her head on the table. 
 
“Oh my god, Choon He is going to kill me, she must be worried sick about me. Not to mention Bong Ch-..” 
 
Mee Yon looked up, “Bong Chol…” 
 
“Hey, I’m back…” Chen said walking back over to the table carrying thier food and drinks.
 
Mee Yon smiled as Chen sat down. 
 
“And here’s your latte…-” 
 
“JongDae-sshi, can I ask you something.”
 
“Well of course you can. What is it?” He said taking a sip of his coffee. 
 
 
"Why are you doing this?"