Chapter 5

A Secret Getaway

The ride back to the house was surprisingly quiet. Each boy had their own window in the car, taking in the land scape of Orlando. The only conversation made was between Luna and I, in English of course. I didn't want the boys listening in.

"This is going to be more difficult than I thought. They really do hate each other. Did you see the way Yongguk looked like he was about to chew Zelo's head off?" Luna said. At the sound of their names, both boys shot their heads forward. I waved my hand in the air, telling them to disregard.

"I know. But they really need our help. Every idol deserves some time off. These poor boys... the youngest is only 15. The circles under their eyes are terrifying." I said, stealing a glance into the back seat. All six of them were leaning against the side of the car, drifting off to sleep or completely passed out. It's the first time I've seen them so peaceful, without so much anger in their features.

"Let's just get them home, let them get settled, and sleep in tonight. In the morning, we'll figure out how to handle all this."

"You're right, unnie. It's gonna be weird calling you that again, haha" Luna said, reverting back to Korean. 

"Indeed it is, Luna-sshi."
 


"I'm not waking him up..." 

"Well don't look at me, did you see the way he yelled at me in the airport? He'll punch me in the face. I'm NOT waking hyung up."

"Aish, just make Himchan do it..."

"What, and this pretty face beat into a pulp? I don't think so..."

"Cry baby... alright... me, Daehyun, and Jongup. Let's play hai-bai-bo. Loser wakes up hyung..."

"Get out of my way, I WILL WAKE HIM UP."

Pushing the boys aside, I climbed into the back seat. Yongguk had his headphones in, so he couldn't hear our futile attempts at yelling his name. With shakey hands, I rubbed his upper arm lightly, trying not to alarm him. He looked so sad, worn out, and just fed up with life.

"Yongguk, I'm sorry to wake you up, but we're home. Let's get you into bed, arasso?"

The look he gave me made me feel like my heart was ripped from my chest.

Opening his eyes slowly, he looked at me and sighed. His lower lip quivered slightly, and he looked like he was on the verge of tears. Shaking his head that he understood, he swallowed hard, grabbed his things, and started scooting over to get out through the open door. I pushed myself out, and walked next to him into the house where Luna was waiting by the unlocked door. Taking in the way Yongguk looked, I could tell she felt as bad for him as I did.

"Before everyone splits to pick out your rooms, I just wanted to say sorry for snapping at you guys in the airport. I really want you guys to be comfortable here, and to have a good time. So tomorrow we'll talk, get to know each other a little! How's that sound?" I said, smiling at 6 tired faces.

"Can we go to bed now please?" Himchan asked, running his hands through his hair furiously.

"Yes... BUT ONE OF YOU WILL HAVE TO BUNK WITH ANOTHER!! I ONLY HAVE 5 ROOMS OPEN!!!" I yelled as they immediately split. Jeeze, it's like a mad house. A race to get the bedrooms.

 "Luna, go get some rest. I'm going to stay up a little longer. Make sure everyone gets into bed okay."

"Are you sure _____?"

"Of course. Go get some sleep, you're gonna need it," I said, winking at her and pushing her to her room.

I went to my room, the master bedroom of course, and took a shower. As I was getting into bed after doing my nightly routine, I heard a light tap at my door.

"Come in!"

"N-n-noona..." Zelo said, poking his head in shyly, keeping his eyes on the ground. He looked distressed, but I couldn't help how cute he sounded when he called me noona.

"What is it Zelo? You can come in it's okay."

"Well... no one's letting me sleep in their room with them... Where should I sleep?"

I sighed. I should have expected this. No one wants to sleep in a room with another person they hate.

"It's okay sweety, you can sleep in here with me. My beds big enough. We'll figure something out for you tomorrow," I said, patting the other side for him to come lay down. "Come on, I'm sure you're exhausted."

He shook his head quickly, shutting the door behind him and turning the lights off. With a quick whimper from the sudden darkness, he jumped onto the opposite side, cuddling up under the blankets with me.

"Goodnight, Junhonggie."

"Goodnight noona. Thank you for everything you're doing for us. And I'm sorry for my hyungs. They're really not all that bad. You'll find out soon why they're all so angry with me," he said with a pout.

Aish. This kid and the cuteness. He'll be the death of me.

"Whatever it is, I'll help you guys get over it. I want you to go home happy," I told him with a reassuring smile, turning towards him in the bed.

As sleep began to take us, he curled up closer to me, nuzzling his face into my shoulder.

"I love my new noona... you're the best by far..." he mumbled before sleep finally took him.

I smiled slightly, laying my head on top of his. 

This time will be better. Everyone, including myself, will have a good time. It won't end in tears, like last time.