03

The 12 sources of life (Three more spots OPEN)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W14ncmV-NwA&list=PLD884F13397555600&index=25&feature=plpp_video

 

 

Yeon Rin finally arrived to the hospital at four o'clock, walking straight to the elevator without even looking around.
Her grip on the cupcakes bag and cardboard coffee holder tightened as she stood in front of the elevator doors.
It didn’t take her long to realize she doesn't have free hands to push the elevator button.
With a little sigh, she put the bag of cupcakes on top of the cardboard holder with the coffee in it and with the slowest, carfuls way, she stretched out her hand to push the button, intensively staring at the mountain of food she balanced on her left hand while repeating the mantra "Dont fall, don't fall…" over and over again in her head.
The thin 'Ding' sound sounded in her ears and a second later the elevator doors opened up to her.
Carefully, with one hand still free she stretched out her hand to press the button for the sixth floor, leaning against the walls of the elevator.
"Hold the elevator!" with one move and quick instinct, Yeon Rin stuck her foot between the elevator doors, causing them to open wide again.
A beautiful looking girl with short blond hair and purple chiffon dress ran toward the elevator.
"Thank you." The girl got into the elevator and immediately pressed the fourth floor button.
The elevator doors closed and the blonde girl stood near the elevator doors while Yeon Rin leaned against the back wall of the elevator and looked at her.
Her skin was a little paler then her own and by the way she is dressed, Yeon Rin knew she probably belongs to some rich family.
A ringing sound filled the elevator and the blonde girl took out her cell phone from her expensive handbag.
"Honey I'm busy at the moment, can I call you when I'm done?" Her sweet voice matched the delicate and peaceful appearance she had.
"I know, I'm sorry but I have to handle this now. I believe in you."
Yeon Rin guessed she's probably just having a conversation with her boyfriend and tried to concentrate on something else but it was impossible.
"Yeah, sure." The elevator doors opened and the blonde girl walked out quickly, leaving Yeon Rin in the silence she wished for.
The elevator doors opened once again and Yeon Rin walked out with a big smile on her lips, walking straight to the nurses' desk.
"Oh, Yeon Rin," Jee In, the head nurse in the pediatrics department , raised her head above the counter. "We all were waiting for you!" She laughed and stood up from her chair. "What's this?"
She pointed to Yeon Rin hands and frowned.
"Oh, I bought some cupcakes for the children and some cups of hot coffee for the staff." She shrugged with a smile.
"You're an angel sent from heaven Yeon Rin. " Jee In sighed with a smile and took the coffee cups off of her hands.
Yeon Rin tried to smile at the compliment but managed only to look embarrassed as she cleared . "I'll go to the kids..." She muttered and started walking down the hall.
Yeon Rin hated when they called her an angel, she saw herself as anything but an angel ... especially with what she does.
In fact, what she does is what brought her to this hospital in the first place... Besides that, it's why she's going to stay up late at night in the hospital today.
She took a deep breath and tried to stop the tears that threatened to choke and put a happy smile on her lips instead.
" Rinnie !" all the little kids shouted with joy as she walked through the door.
Her eyes automatically fell on one specific girl, the only girl who didn’t played with the other children, who couldn't even get out of bed today... the girl for which she will stay in the hospital until the later hours of the night.
"Hi." She murmured with a gentle and comforting smile. "Let's make another ordinary day into a special day, okay?" All the kids laughed and clapped, running to hug her and see what she has brought in the big brown bag that smelled so wonderful.
 
 

 
"Fantastic! Great! Tilt your chin, yes just like that!" Obtaining such instructions on a daily basis was nothing out of the normal for Hye Ri, it came with the job.
Hye Ri put a hand on her big summer hat and crossed her long smooth legs as if she just casually enjoying a warm summer day, the folds of her summer dress fell perfectly on her legs and the new collection sandals she wore couldn't be more appropriate for this feminine set.
"More powerful eyes, I want to see intensity come on!" the photographer shouts were heard all over the studio, but it was normal, this particular photographer was known for his burning passion for photography and fashion, not one day passed without him screaming with excitement every time Hye Ri struck the poses he so desired.
The blasting music meant to lift up the mood and make the experience more fun only made ​​her headache grow stronger.
But Hye Ri would rather die than complain and give up that golden opportunity.
'I've been through too much trouble to just give up this opportunity because of an irrelevant headache.' She closed her eyes to balance herself as she felt a bit dizzy.
Hye Ri was so worried and nervous she couldn't eat anything all day and skipped breakfast and lunch in the fear she'll end up vomiting them.
"Hye Ri, are you okay?" The photographer took down his camera and frowned in concern. "Do you want anything to drink?"
"No, no I'm fine!" She shook her head quickly, afraid that she let her weakness show today.
"It's okay," the photographer smiled at her calmly and flipped through her photos in his advanced camera. "I want you to change for the next set so take five minutes of break for yourself."
"Thank you." Hye Ri was bowing a perfect ninety degrees bow and rose rapidly, perhaps a little too quickly as she slightly stumbled backward, but fortunately no one noticed.
The stylist quickly took her back to her dressing room and took out the next set of clothes.
While Hye Ri sat in her chair and gave the hairstylist take care for her hair again, she looked in the mirror what the stylist took out and placed gently on the couch.
A beautiful and delicate dress with a colorful clutch and white sandals that complemented the look.
Hye Ri smiled and drank the rest of her water from the bottle she brought with her this morning as she skipped school.
She took her cell phone and turned it on hoping to see at least one missed call but only ended up disappointed.
"Hasn’t she finished her business yet…?" She muttered to herself as she saw it was already five o'clock.
The hairstylist finished arranging her wavy hair in a high and puffy ponytail with a white bow and left the room but not before greeting Hye Ri on her good work.
Hye Ri thanked her with a satisfied smile and changed as she dialed her best friends number.
"You know the deal, leave a message." Hye Ri sighed as she heard her voice mail.
"Ah Ra... you probably really busy again, just call me when you get home okay?" She hung up.
"Hye Ri Break is over." the photographer's shout was heard from the studio and she left her room.
 

 
Yeon Rin sat next to micha's bed and patted her hand while she and all the other sick children were singing her favorite song.
As always, Yeon Rin would do her very best to give the children the happiest day she could give them.
It was already eight o'clock and all the children were forced into their beds by the nurses.
Yeon Rin remained by micha's bedside and held her little and weak hand, her fingers caressing her hot skin.
"Did you have fun today?" She whispered in the darkness.
"Yes." She whispered hoarsely, coughing immediately after.
"Hush, don't try to talk if it's hard." Yeon Rin reassured her and sighed as the familiar pinch came back to her heart.
"You want me to go get you some hot chocolate and maybe some cookies?" Yeon Rin smiled bitterly as she looked at the little girl's pinkish face now experiencing the last hours of her short life without even knowing it.
"But we can't ..." The girl whispered in wonderful and sweet innocence, making Yeon Rin giggle as a single tear escaped her eyes.
micha slowly nodded and gave an even stronger hug to the stuffed bunny Yeon Rin gave her on her sixth birthday just three months ago.
Yeon Rin stood up and walked toward the lighted hallway with a heavy heart.
'Only three more hours ... just a little longer and the pain will go away I promise.' She thought to herself as she leaned against the door of the children's room and sighed heavily.
"Hard day?" Jee In put a comforting hand on her shoulder.
"The hardest part isn't over yet." she replied and stretched. "I'm going to freshen up... Can I get you something to eat?"
Jee In shook her head. "But I need you to give these folders to Dr. Jung Su from the fourth floor; he is waiting for this for forty minutes."
"Sure." She took the folders and walked toward the elevator.
Visiting hours had ended long ago so the hospital wasn't full of visitors anymore.
Yeon Rin got into the elevator and pressed the button for the fourth floor, leaning her head against the wall of the elevator. 'I hate this part…' she closed her eyes wearily.
Yeon Rin opened her eyes as she heard the 'Ding' sound and the elevator doors opened up.
Feeling defeated and hollow, she walked towards the main counter. "These are the folders for Dr. Jung Su."
"Oh, of course, he is in his office." Yeon Rin nodded and walked away, looking at the names on the doors to find the right room.
'Here it is.' Yeon Rin put her hand on the knob when she heard two voices arguing from the inside.
Yeon Rin stopped dead in her place and looked up at the door, confused.
 His name was written on the big wooden door… so Dr. Jung Su wasn't there alone?
Yeon Rin moved slowly closer to the door and listened to the discussion coming from the room.
Two voices argued with each other, a male voice that belonged to Dr. Jung Su and a female voice that sounded familiar to Yeon Rin for some reason.
"You're exaggerating!" Dr. Jung Su voice growled quietly but loud enough for Yeon Rin to hear.
"Oh boo hoo! I got the job done didn’t I?" the feminine voice answered him.
"He almost died in surgery today!" the Doctor tried his hardest not to raise his voice too much.
"Do not freak out on me!" the female voice warned him sharply. "Besides, it's not my fault, it's your screw-up."
"My screw-up? Do you have any idea in what state he was brought here?" the doctor crossed his arms with an angry expression on his face.
"Do you think I care?" She snorted. "Why do you care about him anyway? Should I be worried?" She asked him with the same amount of warning in her voice, approaching him with a poker face, but curious eyes.
"I'm not worried about him I'm worried about you! Do you really think you can keep your position for a long time?" He sighed wearily over this unnecessary debate and her insufferable stubbornness and threw his head back.
"I ran this organization for more than three years now... You claim I have something to be worried about?"
"I claim that if you won't watch yourself you'll end up in the hospital yourself." He sighed.
"Oh really? And will I get your oh so devoted care?" she wrapped her hands around his neck, a seductive smile on her lips.
"No. You know why?" He took her arms off of him and held them gently. "Because you'll end up in the morgue. "
"Wow, you really believe in me huh?" She pulled her hands at once, clearly taking his warning words as an insult.
"Not everything is always up to you, you know ..." He her cheek with worried eyes. "Your situation is perhaps the strongest proof for that."
"I'm fine." She promised him again.
"In the meantime."
She smiled sweetly. "You're y when you're trying to take care of me."
"Here we go with the nonsense," he laughed and stood up. "Go home Ah Ra ... I'll call if there is a change in his condition."
"Good night." Ah Ra swung the door open, causing Yeon Rin to lose her balance.
Fortunately Dr. Jung Su caught her just in time before she could hit the floor.
"Wow, hey are you okay?" He asked her as he helped her up on her feet.
Yeon Rin nodded sheepishly and looked at the girl standing on her other side, now understanding why the voice was so familiar… it was the blonde girl she saw in the elevator earlier that day.
The blond girl also known as ah ra, didnt look too happy finding Yeon Rin close to the doctor's office and watched her with suspicious eyes.
Yeon Rin looked away quickly and hurried to hand over the folders to the doctor. "Here you go, sir."
"Oh thank you, I waited for them." The doctor smiled and began to flip through them.
"I'll talk to you later oppa." Ah ra murmured and pulled out her cell phone.
"Pick me up." She ordered and hung up before she turned and walked away.
Yeon Rin watched her walk away and couldn’t tune out the conversation she just heard.
"Do you need me for something?" Dr. Jung Su looked up from the folders.
"No, I'll be going than." She murmured quickly and sped off from the office, a bad feeling begins to wake up in the depths of her stomach.
The whole conversation made ​​no sense at all, what were they talking about?
"You have more important things to concentrate on." She sighed and made her way to the employees kitchen to bring micha her latest dessert.
As she made ​​her hot chocolate with whipped cream and put three coconut cookies on a small plate she made micha a quiet promise. 'It wont hurt at all ... I promise you that.'

 


 

Author's note:
introducing the silver source.
still looking for a co-author… if someone is interested pm me.
Don’t forget to comment, vote and subscribe to the story^^ if I'll get more than 6 comments I'll update on Saturday too^^