07

The 12 sources of life (Three more spots OPEN)



 

 

Faster.
She needs to go faster.
She must go faster.
There is no other choice.
Speed. The only thing she needs right now is speed.
She has to be the fastest; she has to be the first.
All she could see in front of her eyes was road, dirty, curvy road between the sand hills.
She didn’t see any of the other racers nor did she see her beautiful surroundings. She didn’t need to, she didn’t want to.
She only needed to see the road, nothing else.
She doesn't care about what's around her when she race.
She could feel her limps become stiff, her grip tightening on the handles.
She pressed on the gas pedal even harder, hearing the engine roar under her body and feeling herself go faster.
Faster than anything before.
Faster than anyone.
This was the whole purpose of her life.
Her time to shine.
Her time to live.
And most importantly, her time to show everyone who she is, who she can be.
She felt weightless, her vision was harp as a hawk's and the only thing she could see was the road and the finish line.
Nothing else needed to be seen.
Nothing else mattered to her but victory.
“Nicky, that’s enough." She could hear her manager's voice in her ear through the headset she wore under her black helmet. "you can return to the docks now. We have all the states of the new engine so you can stop the practice for now.” the voice of her dear friend, trainer and manager, Heechul urged her.
She closed her eyes, a stupid thing to do for a racer but who cares.
She opened them a second later and finally could see her surroundings, the other riders who were practicing with her and the sidelines which were quite full with screaming fans for a simple practice morning.
It didn’t surprise her though, to see them cheering for her, raising posters with her name on them.
She is used to this; after all, she is the best motorcycle racer in Korea.
At least that’s what her Heechul always says.
Nicky started to reduce her speed as two newbies drove past her.
One of them, the one wearing a green driving suit, was driving smoothly through the hills but the second one, wearing blue driving suit, his driving was sloppy and out of control.
“Yah, Heechul, what’s wrong with the blue newbie? His driving .” she quickly joked and kept her eyes on the blue driver.
She suddenly speed again up and, feeling the urge to catch up with them.
They were already in section B6 while Nicky was only in B2.
It didn’t take her long to catch up with them, to get closer and make the blue newbie stop.
“Nicky, just get back to the docks. Let them be.” Heechul’s voice grew louder now and she would probably have done what he said, if she wouldn’t have witnessed something shocking.
The one driving in the green racing suit drove as close as he could to blue racer and kicked his motorcycle in the sides, making him lose his balance.
Her eyes widened as the later almost crashed into one of the demarcation walls.
She quickly drove next to him and gave him the basic signal, talling him to stop racing and go back to docks.
"please tell me you saw that." Nicky felt her blood boil as her anger started to rise up.
"I'm on it." Heechul promised her as the blue racer started to slow down and finally stopped.
Nicky stopped only for a second to send the startled newbie back to docks and then pressed hard on the gas pedal to get the catch up with little cheater.
It didn’t take her long to drive right next to him but it shocked the crap out of her when he drove even closer to her and kicked her motorcycle too.
She found her motorcycle swaying a bit as the fans grew even louder, screaming insultes at him and throwing their plastic cups to his direction.
As she managed to steady herself she felt the heat of her anger spreading throughout her body, seeing him smirk at her like an arrogant prick through his helmet and drive away.
'Okay. No one, and I mean, no one gets to kick my baby and get away with it.'
“Nicky, are you okay? We saw what happened! Get back to the dock, NOW!” she heard Heechul’s frantic screaming in my ear.
“Hell no. he kicked my baby.” she argued and before Heechul could protest, she turned off the radio and speed up.
'That little er. He’s gonna get it for messing with me.'
Nicky quickly caught up with him and could see they were getting closer to the docks.
She saw him drive away to his team’s docks and quickly followed him.
He stopped and got off his motorcycle and she did the same, Heechul and a few other drivers started to run towards them but she didn’t care, this brat was going to get it.
she quickly pulled of her helmet and walked straight to him as she saw his eyes widen in shock.
“you're Nicky!” He exclaimed in both fear and shock as the young girl smirked at him.
“I know who I am, you little er.” she yelled and quickly punched him in the face, making him fall backwards. "you how the hell you think you are?! I will rip your face out you little-"
She  wanted to punch him again but found herself being held still by one of the other racers and one of her best friends, Seunghyun.
Heechul quickly appeared in front of her with a look on his face that said 'you-either-do-as-I-say-or-I’m-telling-sungjong.' Nicky was about to scream something else but decided to shut up before things would turn uglier for her.
 “I’ll deal with him first understand.” He said and she finally stopped fighting Seunghyun’s firm hold on her body but he still didn’t let her go.
Heechul walked over to the brat in green and pulled him up on his feet by his collar.
“Listen here you little ," he started with clenched teeth and a burning fire in his eye." You try to pull something like this on anyone ever again and I will make sure you'll never race again!" heechul threatened and pushed the kid, making him fall over.
“As for you.” He said as he turned to face nicky, two hands on his waist.
“DON’T tell sungjongie about this!" she begged."I promised I'll wear a ing dress if I'll punch another racer.” she murmured in despair and gave heechul her best puppy face look.
Her little brother was evil and there is no other way to describe him, He’s evil but cute.
He’s a cute devil who enjoys making Nicky miserable.
“Oh really?” she heard hints of amusement in Heechul’s voice and took a deep breath.
"What kind of a dress?" Seunghyun inquired and it was that point exactly that Nicky knew she was ed.
"Ashortredonewithnosleeves."she murmured through clenched teeth.
"What?" heecul was now smirking devilishly.
"A short red dress with no sleeves."  She repeated slowly.
"Oh honey." Seunghyun finally let her go with a quick ruffle of her hair. "We all want to see that."
The boys started whistling and howling like a bunch of hungry wolves as heechul took out his cell phone to call her brother.
She hoped she would never have to use this card for the sake of Heechul’s wallet but they gave her no other choice.
She will not, under any terms, wear a ing dress. Never.
She would rather wake up at six in the morning and actually stay awake for the rest of the day then wear a freaking dress.
"Heechul, if you make that call, I will MAKE you buy me dinner.” threatened as he turned pale.
“Heechul, it’s not worth it. You know she eats like a pig that hasn’t seen food in hundred years.” I heard Seunghyun say and lightly punched him in his arm.
"I'm standing right here!" I pouted and he laughed at me.
"It’s not my fault you're a bottomless pit."
"I was born this way and I love it." She stuck out her tongue playfully and was pulled into a hug.
“Fine, you win.” Heechul said with a sigh and turned away.
“Yay! I win again.” she cheered happily and Heechul murmured something under his breath as he walked away.
“Let’s go back to our own dock and check the states of your new engine, then you can go home.” Heechul said and Nicky nodded, following him along when suddenly she was thrown over the shoulder of one of the racers.
His name was JaeSuk and he was another friend of hers.
“yah! Put me down!” she yelled but he just chuckled, running around with her as other racers began to play along.
“Nicky, just let them spoil you for now. We were all worried about you when we saw that brat kicking your ‘baby’.” Seunghyun assured her and looked at the other racers that were following them to the dock.
“Fine! If you put it that way there’s no way I can refuse a free lift.” she said with a chuckle.
They were all racers and they were all close.
Sadly they weren't so many girls around so they all treaded her like a sister, well most.
She heard others laugh and smiled at them, waving her hands.
She loved those goofballs.
As she was gently put down back on her feet she wonder what Sungjong made for dinner and walked into the changing room to take off her racing suit.
Suddenly, she felt a strange itching on top of her right hand and quickly looked at it, sighing with concern.
Yet again a black scorpion tattoo appeared on her hand for a second before it was already starting to fade away.
'What the heck is this thing anyway?' she asked herself and covered her hand with a black glove.
 “There’s food in the dock.” Heechul yelled out and without another word she quickly wiggled herself out of the suit and into her normal cloth, sprinting out to the dock.
“delicious food, here I come!" she yelled happily.

hi all.
this is J, the co-author.
here's the chappy which I wrote.
I hope you'll like it and as u can tell, there's a new character introducion going on here.
I hope you like Nicky and my writing style.