05

The 12 sources of life (Three more spots OPEN)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIULOLtXgpQ

 


 

On the other side of the street, a beautiful and pale girl was walking, hiding in the shadows.
Exhausted and weak, she tried to keep running but her legs failed and even walking became an unbearable task.
It hurt… more now than before... more than she ever imagined.
She bit her lip, forcing herself to remain quiet because it mustn't find her... whatever it was.... it can never find her again.
It was more than she could bear, she no longer had the strength to fight it and as she stumbled forward, barely leaning on a stone wall, one thought came to her.... is it finally her time to give up?
Suddenly she felt it clearly, the pain hit her like a crashing wave and there was no mistaking with the warmth and wetness, and the smell…? The smell made ​​her feel even more nauseated and dizzy.

With a fast, blurted glance at the lower left side of her body, just above her waist, she could see a red stain absorbing on her white shirt, becoming larger by the minute.

With a trembling hand placed on the gashing wound she hid her injury with her over sized khaki coat, stifling a sob of pain as the smallest movement felt as if her internal organs are being torn apart.

But she had to keep moving, she can't stay like that on the streets, it might find her and finish the job. She can't go back home or the flower shop…those will be the first places it will look for her.
She looked up, desperately seeking for a street sign or any other clue, even the smallest one, that will tell her exactly where she is.

God knows how she managed to escape, how she managed to run for what felt like hours.

She finally spotted a street sign, narrowing her eyes, trying to read the writing in the darkness that enveloped her only to find out she ran for ten blocks without stopping.
She fell on her knees, covering with her ​​blood covered hand, bursting into a silent crying.

She ran in the wrong direction, away from the nearest police station or, more importantly, the nearest hospital ... they are at least an hour away and she knows there's no way she can get there.
With eyes full of tears she looked up at the street that was full of houses, doors which she can knock on and ask for help, explain what happened to her.

On the other hand ... who would believe her? Who will help her if they'll think she's crazy?
Her condition deteriorated by the minute and her whole body felt limp.

She leaned her head against the stone wall and with half closed eyes she asked herself again. 'Is it my time to stop fighting?'
Her whole world fell apart in one night ... what can she do now? She has nowhere to go, all alone in a world that insisted to hurt her every time.

 

Earlier that day, eight-thirty am.

 

"Seul-ah! Would you stop hiding in the back?" Iseul's beloved grandmother just finished laying the new bouquets that arrived early in that morning delivery outside of her flower shop. "Customers will be coming in any minute now and I don't want them to find an empty counter." She dusted off her hands and turned the wooden sign from 'closed' to 'open'.

"I'll be done in a second grandma." Iseul shouted back and examined the white Lily bouquet that looked a bit wilted this morning. "Let's get you healed." She whispered to herself and focused all her attention on the precious flowers in front of her.
A gentle touch of her fingertips or a soft caress of the petals was enough to do the job and return the gracefulness and purity those beautiful flowers proudly represented for many generations.
"All done." She smiled softly and raised the bouquet, walking with it to the front of the store and out of the back room.

"It's about time." Her grandmother smiled at her. "How am I supposed to serve the customers without having my best seller next to me huh?" She winked at her and Iseul  looked down, putting the flowers in their place. "I'm your only seller." She muttered quietly.

"That doesn't mean I'm wrong."
Iseul wanted to smile but simply kept her well known straight poker face and stood behind the counter.
While strangers saw her as cold, self centered and expressionless, her grandmother knew her better than that.
 She knew that even if Iseul seems very aloof and doesn’t smile often she is actually a sensitive and insecure girl that is afraid of showing her true feelings.
The truth was Iseul was and still is a girl with a beautiful and graceful smile that could light up the whole world, a girl with an incredible depth that can you into worlds you never thought you could see and a gentle heart that’s been through way too much for its young age and so built so many walls around it ... to prevent further harm out of fear it wouldn’t be able to bear the sorrow once again.
The beautiful thing about it all, and one of the reasons her grandmother loved her character so much, is that she resembles a bud of flower so much, when you look at a bud you automatically ignore it, thinking its insignificant and has no value or beauty what so ever, but as soon as its ready to open up and finally blossom… it's impossible to look away from it astonishing beauty and ignore it.

Iseul is the same. From the outside she looks cold and uncaring, closed up in her own little safe world but once she feels comfortable she begins to open up and just like a beautiful flower in its full bloom, her inner beauty shines through and amazes those who won her trust and entered her heart.
Her grandmother knew not to expect her beloved granddaughter to smile a wide toothy smile while they were in the front desk of the store, she never felt comfortable smiling there because of the amount of people that always walked around the store.

Actually, the only times her grandmother saw her smile was when they were alone at home or while she tended the flowers in the back room of the store.
"The lilies look great darling." Her grandmother her long black hair. "You did a wonderful job."

Her grandmother is the only person who knew about her power and, fortunately for Iseul, even encouraged and supported it.

While her grandmother admired her simplest work, Iseul  looked up to her face, thanking god with all of her heart  that there is at least one person in this world that accepts her completely as she is, despite all of her flaws and love her more than anything.
She really was grateful for that.

As usual, like every other day during the week, the first hour of business was slow and had no customers.

Her grandmother was sitting on a wooden chair in the corner of the store and read the newspaper while Iseul was daydreaming again.
At last, at about 10 AM, the first customer came in.

A young man that can't be older than Iseul by more than two years.
A tall guy with neat and combed brown hair, big glasses and an anxious look in his eyes, the kind of cute but geeky and shy guys you can usually find in dramas.
Iseul watched him walk around the store with a lost puppy kind of look on his face, examining different types of flowers and biting his lower lip in a difficult dilemma.
"Can I help you young man?" Her grandmother said with a soft smile after long seconds where she studied the young man.

The poor guy almost jumped from the sudden talking and began to stammer. "I - I need flowers." He murmured shyly and looked down while pink blush filled his cheeks.

Iseul rolled her eyes at the guy's obviousness and leaned her arms against the counter.
"Then you came to the right flower shop!" She reassured him and turned to look at her beloved granddaughter that already lost interest in the guy and the situation. "Iseul would be happy to help you." She started reading her newspaper again while Iseul and the guy looked at each other uncomfortably.

Iseul sighed in frustration and looked back at him with her sealed poker face. "What's the occasion?"
The guy looked like he was caught off guard, as if this wasn't an entirely legitimate question to ask in this situation.
After he recovered from the small shock he had with no good reason he lowered his eyes to the floor and smiled sweetly, murmuring softly. "I'm confessing today."

Iseul felt a little twinge of jealousy in her heart but quickly ignored it.

"What do you want to express by giving her a bouquet of flowers?"

"S - Sorry?" He blinked at her, eyes wide.

"When you give her the bouquet ... what do you want it to say?"

"That I… love her?" He scratched the back of his head in confusion, thinking his answer should have been clear to her when it is actually really not that obvious.
Iseul rolled her eyes again and pushed herself off the counter, bypassing it to show the guy what she means. "Well, obviously." She gestured him to follow her. "But what kind of love is it?"

"Isn't there only one type?" the young man looked at her puzzled while her grandmother hid an amused smile behind the newspapers pages, that's why she liked having her granddaughter work at the flower shop with her, the girl gave meaning to every flower and bouquet, educating the customers about giving their relatives the right and perfect kind of flowers no matter what the situation was.
Iseul shook her head and motioned the young man to stand beside her in front of the prepared bouquets of flowers stand.

The guy rushed to her side and examined the various, beautiful and charming bouquets, excited to absorb new knowledge.

"You see .... Each type, color and quantity of the flower in your chosen bouquet has a different meaning." She took a bouquet of red roses that was with pink ribbon and small hearts on it.
"What do you think this bouquet symbolize?" She handed him the rose bouquet.

"Eternal love." He proudly replied without a moment's thought.

Iseul took the bouquet away from him and put it in place, hiding her face only for a moment to hide her small smile. "There is where you are wrong." She looked at the bouquet while the guy stared at her completely fascinated by her. "A lot of people just assume red roses represent love when in fact they represent burning passionate love," she arranged its leaves, almost speaking to herself now. "Is that what you are going for? Burning passion?" The guy shook his head quickly, embarrassed by the question.

Her gentle hand passed on to the next bouquet, the white lilies bouquet she healed that morning.

"And this one...?" She handed him the bouquet.

This time he took his time and looked at it before he looked up at her and shrugged with an innocent look.

"Lilies represent pure love... If you'll give her a bouquet of white lilies it's like telling her your love for her is pure and noble." The young man stared at her intently as she took gently care of the various flowers. For a moment, it seemed like the seller that has a colder front then an iceberg is really interested and enjoys what she does, she suddenly seemed softer... maybe even a little more fragile...?

"Are you listening to me?" her blank gaze quickly brought him back to reality and his eyes wandered toward the violets in her hand.

"Violets." He nodded, States the obvious once again.
"Excellent choice if it's a new and young love ... giving this to her its like telling her you want to be in an exciting and romantic relationship with her." The young man smiled and nodded in understanding.

"So what is it going to be?" she asked, waiting for his reply. "Passion, pure love or the beginning of a new relationship?"

He sighed and studied the flowers she offered him once again, unsure.

"I'll take the white lilies." He finally said, smiling proudly.

"Three, nine, eleven or thirteen flowers?" She folded her arms.
"What are the meanings?" He adjusted his glasses with a satisfied smile.

"Three Flowers represent the words I love you, nine flowers represent eternal love, eleven flowers represent deep and strong love while three ten flowers are usually given by a secret admirer."

"I'll take nine flowers." Iseul nodded and gave him a bouquet of nine white lilies wrapped in purple ribbon.
"You sure know a lot about  flowers, huh?" He smiled to himself as he drew out his wallet to pay for the flowers.

"Yes." She answered without looking at him.

"So if I want to say 'you have something I want and I'll get it one way or another' which flowers do I buy?"

Iseul froze, her back turned to the young man, confused by the question.

"Excuse me?" She frowned in confusion when she returned him his change.
The guy just shook his head with a satisfied smile. "Never mind... I guess flowers will be unnecessary in this situation." And with that vague statement he left the store.

The hours passed, as customer came in and left, some need advice and some didn't, and before Iseul and her grandmother noticed it the day was over and the sun has gone down.

Her grandmother started to put the vases and flowers into the back room while Iseul revived them a little before careful putting them in the cold room.
They left the store and locked the front door while the moon has been shining in the sky.

"So what are we having for dinner tonight?" Her grandmother put her key into her little bag, checking her watch just to make sure it is indeed time for dinner.

Iseul shrugged.

"How about some ddukbokkie and bibimbap?"

Iseul just nodded and put on her coat, not aware that someone is watching her in the dark.

"Excellent!" Her grandmother took out her purse and pushed money into the hands of her granddaughter. "Go buy that and I'll heat up the soup I made yesterday and set the table." She pushed her gently towards the main street with a smile on her lips. "Hurry up." She laughed while Iseul turned the other way.
It was eight pm, the streets were still full of people and most shops were still open.

The main street, where the restaurant is located, was busy as always.
Walking to the restaurant wasn't a short walk, it was at least twenty minutes away by foot but she didnt care ... she loved the cool breeze of the evening, not so much the fact the streets were full of people but she tried to ignore them and the anxiety that began to awake in her body.

She walked with her ​​eyes stuck on the dirty sidewalk, not looking up even once until she reached the restaurant and opened the door, ringing the little bell.

Without waiting for a respond she walked to the main counter and ordered two plates of food along with a dessert as a surprise to her grandmother.

She thanked the cook, paid him and left for home, the hot food bag slightly swaying in her grasp.
When Iseul finally came home, she went up the path leading to the front of the house and took off her shoes on the front porch, replacing them with white slippers.

Only when she looked up at the door, she noticed in the dim light, the front door was open.

She frowned worriedly, her grandmother wasnt the kind of person to just come inside and not lock the door behind her.

With a gentle hand she pushed the door open; peering inside as a really bad feeling began to choke her.
"Grandma ...? She called into the house, closing the door."I'm back with the food." She announced, walking towards the kitchen with an anticipation to see her arranging the plates on their small corner table.

But the kitchen was completely empty.

The soup was on the stove and reached a full boil, Iseul rushed to turn it off before the soup will spill out on to the floor.
She grabbed the handles and pulled the soup off the fire and on the counter, turning to look at the table that was from all dishes.

'What the hell is going on?' She gulped and looked away toward the living room, hoping to find her grandmother sitting on the couch.

"Grandma?" She cried again, louder this time, leaving the bags at the door.

There was no response, it was as if the house was empty, but at the same time she could feel a presence in the house.

Heart began to race as her gaze wandered to the stairs leading to the second floor.

She climbed the stairs in silence, her hand searching for the rail in the darkness that surrounded the house.

Something was really wrong and she could feel it, every instinct and nerve in her body told her to turn and run a way as far as she can but how could she abandon the only person in the world who loves her?
The only person she had left in the world?

She can't.

Iseul looked to her left, the direction of her grandma's bedroom.

With a beating heart and overcoming fear, she pushed the door open.

The darkness prevented her from seeing anything clearly but the smell was so strong and familiar, kind of metallic but not exactly.

Her hand traveled along the wall, searching for the light switch.

Her fingertips finally found the switch and pressed it just to expose the most horrific scene her innocent eyes could have seen.
A blood-curdling scream came out from as her eyes filled with tears and her heart ripped apart.

"No!!" She felt as if she had no air to breathe.

Her grandmother's room was a mess, blankets and sheets soaked with blood and torn to shreds on the floor, their pictures shattered on the floor.

No wonder the smell was so strong, the walls, the bed and even the floor were soaked with spots and puddles of her blood.
"Grandma!" She burst into tears when her grandmother's limp body appeared before her eyes.

Out of nowhere a long, cold hand caught as she wanted to run to her grandmother.

"I told you I'll get what I want one way or another." A smooth voice whispered in her ear, accompanied by an arrogant and disgusting laughter.

Iseul twisted and swung her hands trying to get out of her imprisoner's grasp.

"Now, say goodbye to your grandmother and come with me if you don't want to end up like her."
He threw her on the hard floor.

Iseul hit the glass and felt a sharp pain on the side of her face and her right arm as the glass shards ripped her flesh.

"Why?"she whipped when she managed to pick herself up off the floor, unable to look at her grandmother. "Why are you doing this?" She turned to look at the heartless killer and her heart stopped.

Gasping in shock, she saw the geeky guy who came to the flower shop that morning.
"you?" She whispered in disbelief and he nodded with a satisfied smile. "I told you we won't need flowers in this situation." He laughed, completely amused.

He leaned over and her face as she shrank back, terrified.

"You have something I desperately need so I came to collect." He winked at her and grabbed her arm, roughly pulling her to her feet.
Iseul stifled a grunt of pain as he pulled her from side to side like a rag doll.

He pulled her outside the grandmother's room and towards the stairs, twisting her arm.

"Please stop, what do you need?"

The killer sighed and pulled her even harder. "I need the source within you dear so if you want to live you better give it to me."

"What are you talking about?" She murmured in pain, not knowing what he's talking about.
"Do me a favor." He raised his voice. "Stop with the games ... your nice grandmother also didn't want to help me and you saw what happened to her... you want the same thing?"

"I really don't know what you want from me!" She was crying, she has never felt so much fear at once. "Please let me go I really don't know what you're talking about."

"The hard way it is then." He muttered to himself and pushed her down the stairs.

Iseul fell down the stairs with a big thud, with no time to recover from the pain before he lifted her up by her long hair again.

"I'm really not in the mood to kill more people tonight so let's get on with it."

"I dont know what you're talking about!" She cried hysterically. "you're wrong! "

"We still have a long night." He made her face him' forcing her to look into his eyes.
She tried to look away but he held her chin tight, preventing her escape his burning gaze, it was as if his gaze caused her pain.

His eyes turned bright red as he pulled her closer to him.

"What the hell are you?" she whispered with a trembling voice, not sure she wants to know.

"Not human if that’s what you mean." He winked at her as her heart threatened to burst out of her body.

"So shall we continue this little game or will you give me what I want and I'll leave you alone?"
Iseul didn't know what came over her, but she found herself spitting in his face.
"Go to hell." She muttered through clenched teeth.

He just laughed and wiped his face. "A lot of courage from such a young girl, too much if you ask me." His face changed in a split second from amused to murderous and with a superhuman strength he threw her on the glass coffee table in the living room.

Iseul gasped in pain, trying to catch her ​​breath as she slowly her back and looked at her stomach, from her lower stomach stuck out a sharp piece of broken glass that penetrated her body, covered with her own bloody.

With a trembling hand she grabbed the glass and pulled it out, feeling incredible pain all over her body.

The monster approached her, dusting his hands while Iseul crawled over the broken glass away from him, grabbing a sharp piece behind her back.

"You won't leave me any choice huh?" He knelt in front of her, looking at her at an eye level while her back is pushed against the nearest wall.
Fingers tightening around the glass, while she waited for him to approach just a little longer so she could act as he did.

"It's really a shame, I actually like you." He murmured, her face.

It took every bit of courage and strength left in Iseul's body to jab that piece of broken glass in his neck with one quick motion.

An angry growl came from his throat and he stumbled backwards.

It was her only chance and she knew it...only by superior forces she managed to pick herself up off the floor fast enough to run towards the door.
She opened it and ran away as fast as she could, hearing his voice behind her.

"It's not over! I will find you!"

The darkness and tears that blurred her eyes made ​​it difficult to see where she was running.

 

 

Panting and weak from the huge loss of blood, Iseul deliberately closed her eyes with the intention to give up and die.

She didn't have a person in this world and after what went through tonight she isn't sure she even wants to live ant more.

She was tired, she was weak, but something inside her told her that she can't give up, not now ... not in the middle of the street.

With her last strength she pulled herself up and limped slowly on the sidewalk.
At the same time Kyungsoo went out to take out the trash and left over's from the late and big dinner they just had.

He left the door open and the lights on while the boys were scattered throughout the house, dealing with their own business.

He was about to go back in and go to sleep when he heard something that caught his attention, a small whimper of pain and heavy breathing.

Kyungsoo turned around to see where the noise was coming from and noticed a figure swaying, walking straight toward him.

Kyungsoo stopped and waited until the figure will pass under a street lamp near their home so he could see who exactly is walking around the streets late at night.

When the figure finally reached the street lamp, kyungsoo's eyes widened in astonishment as he realized it was a young girl.
He rushed towards her, but before he could even reach her she lost consciousness and fell to the ground

 

 


 

Author's note:

Okay first of all let me apologize for this pathetic attempt of a horror chapter but I had to ... its Halloween what did you expect?!

Anyway, it was a perfect opportunity to introduce the green source ^^.
I haven't had the chance to go through the forms I received and I am waiting/hoping  for more forms to come so when me and my co author will go through them, we'll let you know.

I hope you liked the chapter and had fun in Halloween!!
from us and exo m "happy (??)Halloween." 

***Update: probably I'll rewrite and edit this chapter tomorrow night ...