09

Unplanned Happiness

 

“Why do you look so surprised?” Nichkhun smiled.

“What are you doing here? How do you know this place?” Nana asked, not answering Nichkhun’s question.

“Let’s talk inside.” Nichkhun said, walking straight into Siwon’s apartment and slumped onto the couch.

“Nichkhun-sshi! Please leave now! My husband will be home any time soon. I don’t want him to get any wrong idea.” Nana said, feeling annoyed with Nichkhun’s behavior.

“Whoa, relax. I didn’t come here with bad intention.”

“I just want to talk to you. About us.” Nichkhun held Nana’s hand.

“Us? There’s no ‘us’ anymore Khun! We’re over the moment you cheated on me!” Nana said sternly and pulled her hand off from Nichkhun’s grip.

“It was a mistake okay! I was just confused at that moment.”

“Bull!”

“Babe, you’re the only woman I’ve ever loved. Trust me.” Nichkhun held Nana’s face and caressed it.

“Stop it.” Nana slapped his hand away.

“You didn’t answer my question yet, how the heck did you know this address?”

“You’re a stalker now huh?” Nana asked, her annoyance was building up.

“It was purely coincidental okay! I saw you and your husband a few days ago and I followed you guys, that’s how I know.”

“Why the hell did you wanna know where I live?”

“Because I still care about you. I still love you and I’m definitely not over you yet, Nana.” Nichkhun held Nana’s shoulder.

“Did you know what you just said?” Nana crossed her arms.

“For God’s sake, I’m married now Khun! I have a baby coming on my way.”

“Nana, I know you still love me. Just leave Siwon and come with me, I’ll raise your kid as my own, I promise you.” Nichkhun said.

“You’re so freaking insane Khun! What makes you think I would leave my husband and come with you huh?”

“Because I know you still love me!” Nichkhun raised his voice.

“I’ve stopped loving you ages ago and I don’t think I could be happier with anyone other than my husband.”

“What’s so great about Siwon huh? I can treat you better than him!”

“Nichkhun please!” Nana raised her voice.

“Please..Khun. Just forget about me.” Nana pleaded, staring straight at Nichkhun’s eyes.

I have a husband now and I…love him. So much...”

Nichkhun could only sigh in disappointment when he heard what Nana just said.

“Are you sure about this?” Nichkhun asked, still hoping Nana would change her mind.

“More than ever.” Nana smiled. She was sure she was in love with her husband.

“Alright then. If this is what you want..” Nichkhun sighed in disappointment.

“I wish you the best.” Nichkhun said as he moved closer to hug Nana. Nana flinched at his approach.

“Oh come on, it’s just a friendly hug.” Nichkhun said.

It’s just a hug anyway.

Nana hugged Nichkhun back.

“I hope you can find yourself a good girl soon. You deserve a better one than me.” Nana said against Nichkhun’s shoulder.

“I will..” Nichkhun replied shortly. He didn’t wanna let go of Nana, he missed her warm touch so much.

I don’t need a new woman, Nana. I only need you…

Suddenly the door was opened while they were still hugging each other.

“I’m ho--…” Siwon’s words trailed off when he saw the sight upon him. His smile immediately faded away. The flowers in his hand dropped onto the floor.

Nana quickly released herself from Nichkhun’s embrace when her eyes caught a sight of Siwon standing at the door, looking like he was about to explode anytime soon. Nichkhun turned around and smirked at the sight.

Here comes my opportunity.. Nichkhun smirked.

“It’s not what you think, Siwon-sshi..” Nana rushed to her husband trying to explain everything.

“It is what you think, Siwon. Your wife still loves me, for your information.” Nichkhun purposely heating the situation up. Siwon balled his hands into fist, trying to suppress his anger.

Nana’s eyes widened in shock when she heard that.

“Siwon-sshi, he’s lying. Don’t believe him.” Nana pleaded while holding Siwon’s arm.

“She told me herself, she still loves me, Siwon and she’s not happy with you.” Nichkhun making up stories.

“Shut your filthy mouth up!” Siwon shouted as he charged towards Nichkhun and started to punch him.

“Siwon-sshi!” Nana was shocked by what Siwon just did. She held his arm to stop him from punching Nichkhun.

“Please stop…” Nana cried. She was so afraid. She had never been seen this side of Siwon before.

Siwon’s arm stopped midway to Nichkhun’s face when he heard Nana’s cry.

Siwon was so full of anger that his arm quivered. Unable to contain his anger, he vented his anger to somewhere else.

“Son of a !” Siwon cursed as he punched the flower vase on the table. The shattered pieces of the vase cut his hand but he couldn’t feel the pain in his hand as the pain was overshadowed by the throbbing pain in his heart. He was lied to again for the nth time. He thought this time it would be different with Nana but he was wrong. Nana was just the same as the others.

Nichkhun was scared that Siwon might punch him again so he quickly got up and fled from the scene.

Nana approached Siwon who was on his knees carefully. She soon noticed that Siwon’s hand was bleeding.

“Siwon-sshi..You’re bleeding. Let me treat it…” Nana said.

“This?” Siwon raised his bleeding hand as he stood up to face Nana.

“The pain in this hand is nothing compared to the pain of being lied to.” Siwon glared at Nana. Tears stung the corner of his eyes. He thought he would never experience this kind of pain again but he did.

Nana felt like she had been stabbed on the chest when Siwon said that to her.

“Siwon-sshi…I can explain.” Nana choked trying to hold in her tears. She really hoped Siwon would give a chance to explain because she deserved it. She didn’t lie to Siwon, it was just a misunderstanding.

“Save it.” Siwon said.

“I really thought you’re the one, Nana. I thought you were different from any other women I’ve dated but I was wrong. You are just like them.”

“Liar!” Siwon shouted. Nana’s heart throbbed in pain when Siwon called her that.

“I didn’t lie to you, Siwon-sshi. I swear!” Nana said firmly.

“Nichkhun was just making things up because he wants me back!” Nana said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Enough! I don’t wanna listen to all your excuses!” Siwon shouted. He was so confused that he didn’t know who to believe anymore.

Nana froze in her spot, crying not knowing what to do to convince Siwon that it was just a misunderstanding.

Siwon took out the contract that he and Nana signed from the pocket of his jacket.

“I was planning to tear this contract in front of you so that we could continue our marriage. I really thought we could make this work…” Siwon said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

“We can work it out.” Nana said in tears while she held Siwon’s face staring straight to Siwon’s teary eyes.

“It’s too late…” Siwon slowly removed Nana’s grip on his face and walked away.

“I love you!” Nana shouted which halted Siwon’s steps.

“I love you Siwon-sshi…Please..”

“Don’t leave me..” Nana pleaded in tears. Siwon’s heart throbbed in pain upon hearing that.

Siwon just continued to walk away without looking back, leaving Nana who was on the couch crying her heart out. His heart was filled with hatred that he lost his sense of judgement

---