01

Unplanned Happiness

 

***

Siwon swirled a glass of vodka before he gulped it down in one shot. That was the fourth glass he had that night at the hotel lounge.

 

“One more!” He told the bartender as he put down his empty glass.

 

 That night was surely not one of his best nights in life as he found out his girlfriend cheated on him with his own bestfriend and like what happened in drama, he got into a fight which explained the nice bruise he got below his left eye.

 

“You chose to be with that scumbag instead of me?” He smirked while staring at his vodka.

 

“Big mistake baby..big big mistake..”

 

“Tequila please.” A lady’s voice grabbed Siwon’s attention. Siwon turned and saw a gorgeous brunette sat next to him. Siwon watched the lady as she narrowed her eyebrows struggling to finish up a glass of tequila.

 

“Tequila is quite heavy for a first-timer. Mind you.” Siwon smirked.

 

“None of your business.” She replied coldly.

 

“Trust me. Passing out in this lounge is the last thing you will want to experience.”

 

“Give this lady over here the lightest alcohol beverage. You wouldn’t want to carry her later.” Siwon told the bartender.

 

“O..okay sir.”

 

“Hey, I’m the one who pays you here. Don’t listen to him. Just give me the tequila.” She said which left the bartender in dilemma but continued to tend to the lady’s request anyway.

 

“Why do you keep on minding my business huh? You’re just a stranger.”

 

“Uh-Oh. Correction there miss, I’m a good stranger.”

 

“Whatever Mr. “Good” Stranger. Just suit yourself.”

 

Siwon smiled victoriously as he knew he won the argument.

 

“I’m Siwon by the way, just in case you’re curious about a handsome stranger like me.” Siwon teased.

 

“Excuse me? Not curious, at all!” The lady said after she gulped down her drink. However she did acknowledge Siwon’s handsome features.

 

“Well that’s your loss.”

 

Just right after, the lady’s phone rang.

 

Hello.”

 

Yes, this is Nana speaking. Who am I speaking to?”

 

“You again?! I don’t wanna have anything to do with you ever again!” Nana hung up furiously.

 

“So, your name is Nana after all.” Siwon said.

“Look Mr. Busybody, I had a really hard time today and I just wanna get away from all of those things tonight and it’ll be very much appreciated if you could just mind your own business.”

 

“You’re not the only one who had a rough time today, Miss Nana.” Siwon scoffed.

 

“I got dumped by the woman I dated for over a year and the worst thing is she cheated with my own bestfriend..I don’t think any guy could’ve been more pathetic than I am right now...” Siwon gulped down a drink as the corner of his eyes began to sting.

 

On the other hand, Nana could truly relate to Siwon’s condition as she also went through the same thing earlier. She could see that Siwon was truly in pain as she saw a tear threatened to fall off from the corner of Siwon’s eyes.

 

“I—I’m sorry Siwon-sshi. I could understand what you’re going through right now as our situation is nearly the same.” Nana patted Siwon’s back.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I shouldn’t waste my time thinking about that kind of woman anyway.”

 

“You got dumped too?”

 

“Erm..not exactly. I dumped him when I found out he cheated on me.”

 

“It was heartbreaking but it can’t be help. Life must go on, right?” Nana smiled.

 

“Let’s make a toast for new life that awaits us.” Siwon held up his glass.

 

“Cheers.”

 

“Cheers.” Nana said as she bumped her glass with Siwon’s.

 

“Her bills are on me.” Siwon said to the bartender.

 

“What? No, Siwon-sshi. You don’t have to.” Nana politely declined.

 

“But I insist Nana-sshi.” Siwon insisted.

 

“But...”

 

Siwon didn’t mind her. He just asked the bartender to just follow what he said.

 

The night went on with both of them drinking and spilling out each other’s life story. Bottles of alcohol were finished up and both of them ended up being so drunk. Laughing and joking around with each other like they were the only ones in the lounge.

 

“Both of them are wasted.” The manager told the bartender.

 

“Does any of them own a room in our hotel?” The manager asked.

 

“As far as I know, Mr.Choi does have a room.”

 

“What about that woman?”

 

“I’m not sure but her bills are on Mr.Choi so I guess she’s a friend of him?”

 

“Okay, just bring both of them to Mr.Choi’s room.”

 

There goes their unplanned first night as acquaintance together.

 

***

I will continue this shot if I get good reviews. :) Sorry if the pairing is kinda off. :)