06

Unplanned Happiness

 

06

Nana could feel her head was rising up and down slowly. Her eyes fluttered open and she tried to find out where her head laid on. She soon noticed that her head was on a muscular chest that rhythmically rising up and down and her body was wrapped tightly in an embrace. She lifted her head up and a gasp escaped from when she saw Siwon. He was still sleeping serenely with his lips slightly puckered up.

“Cute.” Nana giggled softly at the sight.

She continued to lay her head down on Siwon’s chest. She didn’t know why but she just wanted to stay in Siwon’s embrace for a little bit longer. Something about his embrace just made her feel so secure. Everything was just so surreal to her. All this time, Siwon was being cold to her and now she’s in his warm embrace and she just wanted to cherish the moment a lil bit longer.

---

Nana slowly removed Siwon’s grip on her shoulder to get out from the tent to prepare a simple breakfast for both of them.

She managed to light up a fire to boil some water for making coffee. She knew Siwon couldn’t live without a cup of coffee every morning.

She then proceeded on making simple sandwiches for their breakfast.

---

A fresh smell of coffee reached Siwon’s nose and he slowly opened his eyes as his nose continued to sniff the coffee’s smell. He got up and went out of tent to find out where the smell came from.

As he stepped out, he was greeted by the smiling face of Nana.

“Good morning.” Nana greeted as she handed Siwon a cup of hot coffee.

“Thanks.” Siwon said, feeling slightly awkward.

“Pleasure.” Nana said, still wearing the smile.

“I’ve made sandwiches, you want some?” Nana offered.

“Er..sure.” Siwon said, still feeling awkward of their interactions.

They usually will bicker with each other every morning and a smooth interaction like this was far from possible for them. Maybe, that was the reason why Siwon felt a lil awkward with this smooth interaction.

Dead silence filled up all the spaces between the two of them during their breakfast session.

“Did you do anything to me last night?” Nana asked out of the blue with regards to them sleeping together in a tent.

Siwon choked on his sandwich and coughed violently when he heard that question. He quickly grabbed a glass of water near him to ease his coughing.

“What? Seriously, what kind of question is that? We already have one baby on the way, why would I do anything to you?”

“Well, just to make sure.” Nana giggled softly at Siwon’s flustered face.

“There’s only one tent for us, so it’s normal for us to share the tent. The night was so cold, so we need to keep each other warm that was why---“

“Siwon-sshi.” Nana cut him.

“Relax. I get it. You didn’t do anything. You don’t have to explain it. I was just trying to see your reaction.” Nana chuckled as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Well, great. Everything is settled then.” Siwon said. For some reasons, he still felt quite flustered.

“Oh ya, I’ve contacted my grandma. She said, she will send someone to pick us up soon.” Nana said in which Siwon just replied with a nod.

---

“Halmeoni!” Nana called excitedly as soon as she reached the gate.

Then, a medium-built with grayish curly hair old woman came out of the house. The old woman was still energetic and looked younger than her age. Nana recognized her as her grandma and ran excitedly to hug her grandma. It had been a while since she last saw her grandma and she had missed her so much.

Her grandma had lived alone in that house after her grandpa died a few years back. Once in a while, Nana and her family would come and visit her.

“I was so worried about you.” Grandma said as she checked on Nana.

“I’m okay halmeoni, sorry for making you worry.”

Siwon came a lil while later with their luggage and greeted Nana’s grandma.

“Annyeonghaseyo Halmeoni.” Siwon greeted politely and bowed to Nana’s grandma.

“Aigoo. What a very handsome young man.” Grandma said.

“My granddaughter sure has good taste in men.” All of them just chuckled at grandma’s remark.

“Come on in. You guys must be tired after the long journey.” Grandma invited them in.

“My soon-to-be-born grandchild probably needs some rest too. Aigoo, poor thing.” Grandma said as she cradled Nana’s baby bump. Her bump was definitely visible right now as her pregnancy was about to enter the sixth month.

----

“Halmeoni, where are you going?” Nana asked when she saw her grandma was about to exit the house.

“I’m going to the supermarket to buy something.”

“I’ll go. Halmeoni, you just stay here. Besides, it’s kinda late right now.”

“I’m okay. It won’t take long.”

“Halmeoni. I’ll go with Siwon, okay?” Nana held her grandma’s hands.

“Fine.” Her grandma sighed in defeat.

“Make sure you take Siwon with you.”

Nana quickly nodded and went to their room to bring Siwon to the supermarket to do the shopping.

---

Siwon was lazily pushing the shopping cart around and followed Nana to every corner of the supermarket to find every single thing in the list. He seriously disliked shopping and yet, he still accompanied Nana to do it. He couldn’t risk his pregnant wife did the shopping alone especially when it was evening.

Once in a while, Siwon would glance at his wife and smiled when he saw her confused face when she was looking through the list.

“Siwon-sshi, I can’t reach that. Can you take it for me?”

“Which one? The red or green one?”

“The red one.”

Siwon grabbed the red can with ease thanks to his tall height and put the can into the cart.

“Okay. Everything is already in cart.” Nana smiled as she ticked the last item on the list.

“Thanks, tower.” Nana teased and giggled softly.

“You’re welcome, shorty.” Siwon teased back.

“Hey, I’m not short!” Nana retorted and pouted.

“Oh yes, you are.” Siwon chuckled and quickly pushed the cart to the cash register and ignored Nana’s babbling behind him.

When they exited the supermarket, they bumped into someone.

“Nana-sshi?” The guy called as he recognized her.

“Ni—Nichkhun-sshi?” Nana was obviously surprised to see him there.

“Wow, it’s really you. What a coincidence.” The guy named Nichkhun excitedly said.

“You’re getting more beautiful since the last time we met.” He continued completely ignoring Siwon who was next to Nana.

“Err..thanks Khun-sshi.” Nana replied, feeling awkward.

“What are you doing here?” Nana asked.

“I’m just staying here for a few days to take of some business.”

“I see.”

“Oh ya, Siwon-sshi, this is Nichkhun.” Nana introduced Nichkhun to Siwon.

“He’s umm..my..ex.” Nana honestly said. She didn’t intend to hide anything from Siwon. Siwon was feeling slightly jealous all of sudden but he just maintained his cool façade.

Nichkhun extended his right hand to offer a handshake as Nana continued her introduction. “And, Khun-sshi, this is Siwon---“

“I’m HER husband.” Siwon cut Nana and quickly wrapped his left hand around Nana’s shoulder and pulled her closer as he extended his right hand to accept Nichkhun’s handshake. He didn’t know why he was feeling protective with Nana in front of Nichkhun. Probably because he noticed the look that Nichkhun gave his wife. He could see from Nichkhun’s eyes that Nichkhun still had feelings for his wife.

“Ah I see, you’re..married now.” Nichkhun said sounding bitter.

“And we’re expecting a baby right now, right hunn?” Siwon rubbed salt on Nichkhun’s wound.

“Siwon…” Nana voiced feeling uncomfortable with the situation.

“Really? Wow…that’s…great. Congrats.” Nichkhun said, forcing a smile.

“I gotta go. See you.” Nichkhun quickly excused himself.

After Nichkhun left, Nana looked up to Siwon.

“Why did you do that?” Nana asked, referring to Siwon’s actions earlier.

“Do what?” Siwon acted innocent.

“You know what I mean.”

“Well, I was just saying the truth. That’s it.”

“Oh really? The way you sounded earlier, was like you were trying to tell him to back off.”

“Well, he should back off….” Siwon thought.

“Are you by any chance, jealous?” Nana teased.

“Me? Jealous? Why should I?” Siwon said avoiding Nana's gaze.

“Come on, let’s go home. Grandma must be waiting for us.” Siwon briskly walk trying to avoid any further questions from Nana.

“She must be crazy for thinking that I was jealous. You’re not jealous Choi Siwon. You’re not…” Siwon tried to convince himself.

“If he isn’t jealous, then why did he act like that just now. He sure didn’t know how to lie.” Nana giggled at the thought.