02

Unplanned Happiness

 

Minor Characters: Han/Im Ye-Seul and Lee Jinwook.

 

A loud shriek echoed in the room and Siwon jolted up right away. On the other end of the bed, there was Nana who seemed frightened and clutched the blanket very tightly that her knuckles went white.

“I....I....you...you...” She began to stutter.

“Oh my...” Siwon seemed pretty lost right there.

“ What have I done?!” His eyes widened.

“How could this...”

On the other hand, Nana already started sobbing. How in the world she could be on the same bed with a man who she just knew for a night! To make it worse, she slept with him and that man took her ity.

“Nana-sshi....I...” Siwon was lost for words.

“H--How could you do this to me...?” Nana said in between her sobs.

“I--I didn’t plan this. Look, I--I’m sorry, Nana-sshi. I don’t even know how we end up in the same bed.” Siwon tried to explain himself.

Nana was just kept on sobbing, not knowing what to do next. It seemed like she lost her life when she found out that she was no longer a . If her mother knows this, she will be completely devastated.

Siwon moved closer to Nana while Nana flinched at his sudden move making the situation awkward.

“What if...I got pregnant?” Nana suddenly broke the silence as she lifted her head to look at Siwon.

Siwon’s eyes widened instantly when he heard that. Of course, having a baby was the last thing he wanted now. One thing for sure, he was not ready to be a father nor start a family.

“No--no, that cannot happen Nana-sshi. I--I’m not ready yet.” Siwon said.

“Do you think I’m ready then, huh?” Nana sarcastically replied.

“Nana-sshi, we just slept for one freaking night! There’s no way that you’ll become pregnant.”

“Just forget what happened between us yesterday. Just think of it as an accident alright?”

Siwon got up as soon as he said that to get dress up.

“Siwon-sshi! But...” Siwon just ignored her and left the hotel room without looking back.

Nana couldn’t believe Siwon was that kind of guy. Nana braced herself and pulled herself together.

“Siwon was right, I won’t become pregnant by one night stand.” Nana told herself.

She tried to be as positive as ever.

 

***

4 months later...

Nana suddenly felt a slight pain in her head and that caused her to become dizzy and her vision became slightly blurry. She also had a lil bit of nausea.

“W—What’s happening to me...?” Nana mumbled to herself as she struggled to stay on her feet but she was helpless causing her to pass out in the bathroom.

Next thing she knew, she was in the hospital room.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she still felt a slight pain on the right side of her head. Her eyes slowly noticed two figures standing next to her bed and one of them was wearing a stern expression.

“O—Omma..Unnie...” Nana weakly called when she finally recognised the two figures.

“Who is he?” Her mother suddenly asked.

“W—What do you mean..?” Nana was a bit clueless about what her mother just asked her.

“Who is the father of the child that you’re carrying right now Im Jin-Ah?!” Her mother asked sternly while glaring at Nana.

“Father...Child..” Nana tried to connect the puzzles in her mind. The next seconds, she gasped in surprise.

“It can’t be...” Nana murmured.

The thing that Nana was most afraid to happen now has happened. She was..pregnant.

“I’m truly..disappointed in you, Nana..How could you..?” Her mother choked as she was about cry.

“How can I face your father in the heaven later on...” Her mother said in between her sobbing.

“It’s my fault..I didn’t raise you well enough..”

Ye-Seul, Nana’s sister, patted her mother’s back to comfort her.

“I’m very sorry...Omma..” Nana grabbed her mother’s hand in tears but her mother pulled away her hand.

“Omma..calm down. I’m sure Nana has a good explanation for everything. Let’s just hear her out.” Ye-Seul suggested after she glanced at tearful Nana.

“Let’s go home Ye-Seul. I don’t wanna see her for now.” Nana’s mother said as she stood up and head out without even sparing a glance to Nana. Nana was already filled with guilt and seeing that made things even worse.

“You better have a good explanation for that 3 months old baby in your womb.” Ye-Seul said to Nana.

“Don’t worry about Omma. I’ll try to talk Omma out. For now, just rest well okay? You need to be healthy for your baby.” Ye-Seul said as she caressed Nana’s cheeks in which Nana responded with a nod.

“I need to go now. I’ll come again later evening to pick you up since the doctor said you can leave this evening.” Ye-Seul gave Nana a warm hug before heading out from her room.

Nana laid down on the hospital bed with tears still flowing out from her eyes. She still couldn’t believe that she was pregnant at such a young age and out of wedlock.

                

***

Nana decided to stay at her sister’s house for a while until she was ready to face her mother again. Moreover, she wanted to give her mother some time to calm down.

Nana was watching the television when Ye-Seul came and sat next to her.

“Omma talked to me about you just now.” She started which caught Nana by surprise that she immediately shifted her attention to her sister.

“Really? What did she say?” Nana asked.

“She wants to meet the father of the child that you’re carrying right now.” Ye-Seul said.

“What? Unnie, both you and Omma know that we just met each other that night, got drunk and had this.” Nana said while pointing to her tummy.

“How am I supposed to know his contact information?”

“That’s your problem, not mine.” Ye-Seul shrugged her shoulders.

“You got yourself into this mess so you need to find the way out yourself.”

“But I must say, his are sure gold-medal swimmers that he was able to make a baby grow inside your womb by just one try.” Ye-Seul teased.

“Unnie!” Nana sulked when her sister was not being serious.

“Just saying..” Ye-Seul said.

“Your Jinwook-oppa and I had Joon after a year of being married. Too slow huh? You’re lucky that you got your baby in first try.” Ye-Seul teased again as she was holding her 2 years old son, Lee Joon and let out a small laugh shortly after.

Little Lee Joon.

“Unnie! Aish--.” Nana sulked again after second consecutive tease from her sister.

“By the way, why did Omma wants to see him?” Nana asked.

“She wants to set your marriage date, of course.” Ye-Seul replied.

“What?! No way..!” Nana responded. Married to an irresponsible jerk like Siwon was the last thing she wanted at that point.

“Yes way...” Ye-Seul said.

“Do you want your baby to be born in an incomplete family?”

“Unnie, I can raise my child on my own. I don’t need him in my life.” Nana retorted.

“Nana, you need to stop being selfish right now. You might not need him but your baby needs him, a father. A complete family.” Ye-Seul said.

“But unnie—“

“Just find him..” Ye-Seul said as she grabbed Nana’s hand.

Nana just let out a sigh and gave in. A part of her actually wanted the same thing but her ego just won’t let her admit it.

Suddenly, there was a sound of someone opening the front door.

“Oh, I think that’s your Jinwook-oppa.” Ye-Seul said as she stood up as she let Joon down on the floor.

A couple of seconds later, Jinwook, Nana’s brother-in-law was seen. The excited Joon was seen walking wobbly to reach his father who was already opening his arms waiting Joon to arrive while Nana and Ye-Seul just smiling at Joon’s adorable wobbly steps.

“Good boy!” Jinwook said as he kissed his son’s cheek.

Ye-Seul went to her husband and gave him a peck, “Welcome home, honey!”

“Thank you gorgeous, I love you.” Jinwook said as he gave another peck to his lovely wife which envies Nana who was watching the happy family interactions.

“Will your daddy do that to me and you like what Jinwook-oppa did?” Nana asked her baby while fondling her tummy.