03

Unplanned Happiness

 

While Ye-Seul and Jinwook were busy dating plus cooking in the kitchen and Joon was in his own world watching Pororo, Nana decided to clean around the house to fill up her time. It was when she was cleaning the bookshelf, her sight landed on a light green photo album which was placed nicely at the far end of the shelf.

“Let’s see..” Nana murmured as she grabbed the photo album and went to the sofa to check the photo album out.

She flipped open the album’s cover and saw the title, “Daehan & Associates’ Architects.”

“So, these people are Jinwook-oppa’s co-workers.” Nana said as she continued to look at the architects in the photo album.

Nana was about to flip open the last page of the album when she noticed Jinwook’s presence in the living room.

“Oh, you’re flipping through the album.” Jinwook noticed the album that Nana was flipping through and took a seat next to Nana.

“Ne oppa.” Nana said and smiled.

“So, have you set your eyes on someone from this album already?” Jinwook teased which caught Nana a little off-guard.

“Oppa, you know I’m not interested in those kinds of things.” Nana responded.

Nana continued to flip the next page and then her eyes caught a sight of a very familiar face.

“Si—Siwon..” Nana began to stutter in a low voice.

“Sorry, what did you just say? I didn’t catch that.” Jinwook said.

“Err—N---Nothing oppa..” Nana continued to stutter.

“W—Who’s this guy right here?” Nana asked as she pointed to Siwon’s picture. She was trying to make sure that was really Siwon.

“Ahh..Siwon-ie. This handsome fella right here is my co-worker a.k.a my bestfriend since middle high.” Jinwook said. Now that Jinwook has mentioned his name, Nana was totally positive that was really Siwon.

“Why? Are you interested? He’s single right now as far as I know.” Jinwook teased which left Nana feeling flustered.

“Oppa..you see..err—“

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Jinwook asked worriedly as he noticed the sudden change in Nana’s face expression. Nana was trying to find the right words to tell Jinwook about Siwon.

“Oppa...actually he—he is..”

“He is what?” Jinwook was confused.

 “He—he’s the father of my baby..” The words finally came out from Nana’s mouth.

“W---Whaaat?! Are you sure?!” Jinwook stood up immediately not expecting to hear that from Nana. Nana just turned away, not knowing what to say nor do next.

“Yes oppa..How can I forget the face of that jerk!” Nana replied furiously when she remembered the incident that happened between Siwon and her.

Ye-Seul who was at the kitchen at that time heard Jinwook’s loud plus shock voice that she immediately turned off the stove and went to the living room to see what on earth was happening at that time.

“Honey, what’s going on?” Ye-Seul approached her husband who seemed to be in shock.

“Y—You know Siwon right?” Jinwook inquired and Ye-Seul responded with quick nod.

“Nana told me that...that..” Jinwook stuttered still in shock of what he just heard a while ago. Siwon was his bestfriend and he just couldn’t believe how small world could be.

“Nana.. What’s with Nana and Siwon?” Ye-Seul sounding confused.

“Siwon is...” Jinwook continued as he took a quick glance at Nana who was keeping her head down. She didn’t expect that Siwon was Jinwook’s bestfriend.

“The baby father...” Jinwook finished which of course shocked Ye-Seul.

“Si—Si...won?” Ye-Seul’s reaction was mutual with everyone’s in the room.

“Oh my...how could this happen...” Ye-Seul gasped in surprise.

“What..are we gonna do now, honey?” Ye-Seul asked.

“We have no other choice. I’ll talk to him about this. He needs to know about his baby and settles everything with Nana.” Jinwook said.

“Oppa...Just tell me where I can meet him. This is between the both of us so I believe I should be the one who tell him about his baby.” Nana said.

“Are you sure, Nana?” Jinwook inquired.

“Yes oppa...” Nana nodded.

“If you say so...”

“He usually stops by Kona Beans to have coffee in the evening. Perhaps you can find him there this evening.” Jinwook told her.

“This evening? Isn’t it a little too soon?” Ye-Seul asked.

“The sooner, the better unnie.” Nana replied.

“Thanks a lot oppa.” Nana thanked her brother-in-law sincerely.

Nana went to her room to prepare herself to face Siwon again after a long while.

“I just hope everything goes well for us, sweetie..” Nana fondled her tummy which is now 4 months old but Nana’s tall figure pretty much played a role in making it less obvious that she was a pregger.

-----

Kona Beans Cafe.

“This is it..” Nana said as she stood in front of the beautiful cafe.

She did a quick inhale and exhale session before walking straight into the cafe. Her head turned left and right hoping to catch a sight of Siwon in that cafe. After a couple of minutes, she finally spotted Siwon. All sort of emotions were mixed when she saw Siwon. She braved herself to walk straight to Siwon who was sitting at the corner of the cafe.

Siwon was taking a sip of coffee when he heard footsteps coming closer to his place. His eyes froze at the sight of a pair of beautiful long legs and slowly lifted his head up to see who was the woman who stood upon him. He spurted out his drinks when he recognised the woman’s face. The face that he never thought he would see again.

“Nana-sshi..?” Siwon finally found some strength to utter some words.

Without waiting for Siwon’s invitation, Nana immediately took her seat across Siwon. Both sides were not sure how to begin the conversation that it ended up in an awkward silence.

“It’s been a while...right Siwon-sshi?” Nana suddenly broke the silence.

“I guess so..” Siwon replied awkwardly. Not sure how to react seeing Nana again after that night.

“How have you been?” Siwon asked.

“Well, how does it seem to you?” Nana coldly replied not directly answering the question. She was obviously still mad at Siwon for what he did to her.

“I guess..you’re fine then.” Siwon wasn’t expecting that kind of answer.

“Anyways, I came here to tell you something important.” Nana said.

“What is it?” Siwon asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

Nana took one deep breath before telling him, “Well, I—I am pregnant..”

Siwon’s eyes widened instantly upon hearing that. He tried to make sure that he did not hear wrongly.

“Excuse me? What did you just say..?”

“I’m pregnant..with your child, Choi Siwon.” Nana said while looking straight to Siwon’s eyes.

“Whoa hold on...my child?” Siwon’s voice was sceptical.

“Yes..Siwon-sshi. Your child..our child.” Nana responded.

“Do you know how insane you sound right now, Nana-sshi?” Siwon raised his voice a bit trying hard to deny everything. Everything was so sudden to him that he found it hard to accept anything at that moment.

“I can’t be the father of your child! I mean we just slept for one freaking night for God’s sake! How is that even possible that you’re pregnant?”

“Siwon-sshi..I—“

“Listen to me first Nana-sshi!” Siwon cut her.

“You think I don’t know what you’re trying to do right now, Nana-sshi?”

“The real baby’s father ran away right? So your only choice was to find me and simply ask me to be the father of your baby right?” That sentence really pierced right through Nana’s heart. Nana was gripping hard on a glass of water while the corner of her eyes stung indicating that tears were threatening to fall out and Siwon was too oblivious to notice that.

“Nana-sshi, you’re just wasting your time trying to convince me that is my child because that child is not---“ Siwon was silenced by a sudden splash of liquid on his face.

“Enough Choi Siwon!” Nana splashed a glass of water on to Siwon’s face because she couldn’t bear to hear Siwon’s filthy theories about her anymore. Tears were already rolling down her cheeks, obviously hurt by Siwon’s words.

“For your information..Choi Siwon..you’re the only guy who I slept with..” Nana sounded shaky in between her sobs.

“I swear on my own life...that this baby is yours..”

“I didn’t come here to hear all your bulls but to ask you to have a lil bit sense of responsibility towards your own child..”

“But I guess you don’t even have balls to admit your own flesh and blood.” Nana sternly said and left the place.

That last sentence really hit Siwon hard. Seeing the tears of Nana, he realised that he had gone too far. He could feel the deep sincerity from Nana’s words. He began to regret everything that he said earlier. He came to believe that the child who Nana was carrying was indeed..his own child.

Without waiting any further, he dashed out of the cafe to look for a trace of Nana and hoping to catch up with her. He was lucky that Nana was not yet too far away from the cafe. He ran as fast as he could to catch up with Nana and pulled her right arm which made Nana stopped walking abruptly and turned around.

“Na—Na-sshi..” Siwon was trying to catch some breath after running a fairly long distance to stop Nana.

Nana just looked at him without uttering any words.

“I am..sorry.” Siwon apologised as he held both Nana’s hands and stared intently at Nana’s puffy eyes.

“I was too shocked that I blurted all the bulls I said to you..”

“I hurt you too much and I’m truly sorry for that..”

“And I want you to know that I’m willing to do anything to fulfil all my responsibilities. I promise you, Nana-sshi.” Siwon sincerely said. Finally, he had the courage to face the reality.

“Really..?” Nana asked in a soft voice.

“Mmhmm..” Siwon sounded with a nod and put on a small smile.

Without any words, Nana just moved closer towards Siwon and rested her head on Siwon’s chest which caught Siwon a lil off-guard.

“Thank you..” Nana murmured but Siwon could still hear it in which his lips unconsciously formed a smile upon hearing that.

------

A/N: Perhaps it may not be a pretty good chapter and I apologise for that :( Thank you to the new subbies and I'm sorry I couldn't update often because I'm totally busy with college right now. Keep on supporting and I love yguys! :)) <3