11

Unplanned Happiness

Siwon and his wife were watching their favourite programme on TV. Siwon's right arm was affectionately wrapped around Nana's shoulder as he rested his chin above Nana's head. While they were spending their sweet little time together, something strucked Siwon's mind. Something that he should have told Nana long time ago but it slipped off his mind. He was contemplating whether to tell Nana or not because it was something that has happened a long time ago and probably doesn't matter that much now.

"Babe." Siwon called.

"Hm?" Nana's eyes still glued to the screen.

"I have something to tell you."

"Really? What is it?"

"Well, it's something that I should've told you long time ago but it slipped off my mind."

"Is it important?"

"Well, not really....I mean considering our situation now, it doesn't really matter anymore but I feel like you need to know it anyways."

"What have you done wrong Choi Siwon?" Nana sat up and playfully glared at her husband.

"Ah here goes nothing." He thought.

"Remember our trip to your grandma's house?" Siwon asked in which Nana replied with a small nod.

"The night that we need to camp out.. and sleep together in one tent..."

"Uh-huh.." Nana flashed a mischievous grin to her husband.

"I...." Siwon took one deep breath before continuing.

"I---I kissed you." Siwon let out a sigh of relief upon confessing. He felt like he was taking advantage of Nana that night so he decided to spill the beans. He was embarassed but at least he felt relieved that he finally out this out of his chest.

"So, you did do something to me that night!" Nana grinned mischievously.

"No wonder one of my shirt's buttons was missing. ERT!" Nana playfully smacked Siwon's right arm.

"WHAT? I didn't do anything else. I only kissed you. That's all! Trust me." Siwon tried to defend himself. He was saying the truth so he had no idea about the button's story.

Nana tried to suppress her laughter upon seeing Siwon's reaction. She was just teasing Siwon.

"Relax my erted husband, I was just teasing you. I trust you."

"Anyways, I thought you insisted that you wouldn't do anything to me so what was up with the sudden change of mind?" Nana teased again.

"Well, let's just say that my wife is so beautiful that I can't help but kiss her." Siwon said as grabbed Nana's shoulder and pulled her closer. Nana's soft giggles muffled against Siwon's chest.

"Don't think that you can get away from all this by saying that cheesy line of yours You're not forgiven yet Choi Siwon."

"Okay, so tell me what I can do to be forgiven, Miss Beautiful?" Siwon smiled.

Nana lifted her head up and faced Siwon.

"This is your punishment for taking advantage of me." Nana pointed to her lips and smiled.

"I can do this punishment all day long." Siwon smiled before crashing his lips on his wife's. He could feel Nana smiled against his lips.

****

"Honey!" Nana called from the bathroom.

"Honey!" She called again as she hadn't heard any response from Siwon.

"Yes babe? I'm coming!" Siwon shouted from the kitchen. He was just about to pour himself a glass of apple juice when he heard Nana called him from the bathroom.

"Did she forget to bring her towel?" Siwon said to himself as he put the apple juice back on the table to go to Nana.

"What's wrong babe?" Siwon asked as he reached the bathroom and knocked the door twice.

"Honey! Come in quickly! The door isn't locked." Nana's voice sounded so urgent. Siwon quickly entered the bathroom and saw Nana sat down on the toilet chair looking so panic. He quickly went to his wife and embraced her to calm her down.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Honey, I--I think my water just broke.." Nana said as she felt warm fluid trickling down her legs.

"Oh gosh." Siwon soon noticed the warm fluid that was on Nana's legs and tried to his best to stay calm and to not panic in this state.

"Okay..okay. Stay calm babe. Take a deep breath slowly and let it out slowly just like what we have learned okay. I will go and get the baby's stuffs so stay here and do what the instructor taught you before. I'll be back soon, I promise." Siwon rushed out of the bathroom to take the baby's stuffs that Nana had prepared a couple of weeks ago. Good thing Nana packed it early because he didn't expect the baby to come out this soon as they were expected to meet the baby in a couple more weeks.

After he made sure he had all the things with him, he carefully assisted his wife to the car to take her to the hospital which was about 15 minutes away from their apartment.

"Breathe babe..breathe.." Siwon was also breathing in and out with his wife. He would glanced at his wife and the road alternately from time to time. He was trying his best to give all the support his wife needed at the moment while focusing on the road.

"Aaaarghh!!" Nana screamed out loud while her left hand grabbed Siwon's right arm when the contraction was getting worst. Siwon could feel Nana's nails dug into his right arm but he was not in any position to complain about the pain. The pain he was feeling was nothing compared to the pain his wife was experiencing at the moment.

"Calm down babe! We're almost there."

"ARGHHH! I HATE YOU SIWONNN! I HATE YOU FOR DOING THIS TO ME!!" Nana shouted. She had never felt this great amount of pain before. She could feel all the veins on her back snapped one by one because of the contraction. She could literally feel the baby's head was already halfway out. Siwon's heart throbbed in pain seeing his wife in such a painful state that tears were beginning to well up in his eyes.

"Oh no!" Siwon rammed the steering wheel when he saw the road was jammed. That day was not the right day to be involved in a traffic jam.

"Oh God why?! Out of all days, why the traffic jam is today?!" Siwon shouted in frustration. He wouldn't be able to reach the hospital on time at this rate.

"Honey! I think the baby is coming out soon!" Nana screamed in pain. The contraction was getting worst by minutes. Siwon stopped his car at the empty side of the road. He got out from his car and brought his wife to the back passenger seat and called for an ambulance.

"Oh God!!" Nana shouted again. It seemed urgent.

"I guess I have to deliver the baby myself." Siwon thought. He never expected to be involved in a traffic jam when his wife was about to give birth. He never expected that he would need to deliver his own child in the car. He never expected any of these things to happen but he tried to stay optimistic.

"Babe, spread your legs. Let me see if the baby head is out." Nana obeyed. She was looking so exhausted. Beads of sweats glistened on her forehead from suppressing all the pains. Siwon widened his eyes when he saw the baby's head was out. Meaning, with a few more pushes the baby will be out, hopefully.

"Just listen to my instructions babe." Siwon said to his wife in which Nana just nodded weakly. He wasn't confident about this at all but he needed to tried his best given the situation he was in. Luckily, he ever watched baby's show on TV so he had a lil bit of ideas on how to deal with this situation.

"On my count of three, just gather your all strengths and push will all your might, okay sweetheart?"

"Okay, one..two..three..push!" Nana gathered all the strengths she had left and pushed.

"That was a good push honey." Siwon could see the shoulder of the baby was out. Nana really gave out a good push.

"Okay, now take a deep breath babe. You need the energy." Nana took a few deep breaths and gathered some strength.

"Okay, good. Now, let's do this again. I think if you push harder this time, the baby will be out, hopefully."

"Take a deep breath babe."

"Okay, one..two..three...push!" With all the remaining strengths she had left, Nana gave it all out. She was getting exhausted and weak. Siwon pulled the baby out carefully and a loud cry from the baby just filled up the car. Tears of happiness rolled down Siwon's cheeks as soon as he held the baby on his arms.

"It's a girl babe! She's so beautiful just like you." Siwon said as he looked at the exhausted yet smiling face of his wife. Tears of happiness were also pouring out from Nana's eyes.

"I did it. I just delivered our baby." Siwon said smiling. He was glad the baby was healthy and delivered safely in his amateur hands. It was a whole new level of experience for a first time dad who helped deliver his own child and Siwon couldn't be any happier. He never expected this at all but it was such a beautiful surprise. They were too caught up with their own emotions that they didn't realise that the ambulance had arrived.

"Sorry sir, we need to check on your wife and baby now." The paramedic said to Siwon.

"Here, cut her umbilical cord." The paramedic handed over a scissor to Siwon. Siwon carefully cut the umbilical cord and he hesitantly handed over his newborn daughter to the paramedic while his wife were carried into the ambulance by another paramedic to give her some oxygen. Siwon entered the ambulance to be with his wife and daughter and they were brought to the hospital.

 

*****

 

Nana slowly fluttered her eyes open feeling a lil bit drowsy.

"Thank God, you're awake. I was so worried something might happen to you." Siwon said as he leaned over to plant a sweet kiss on Nana's forehead. He had been worrying non-stop since Nana passed out in the ambulance on their way to the hospital. The paramedic told him it was due to massive lost of blood.

"I'm fine...where is she? Is she okay?" Nana asked about their daughter weakly.

"The nurse will send her over soon. They just need to do some check ups on her. She's fine, don't worry." Siwon kissed his wife hand and Nana just nodded and smiled.

Moments later, their hospital room was opened and a doctor came in. Behind him was nurse holding their baby in pink blanket.

"How are you doing Mrs. Choi?" The doctor asked and smiled warmly.

"I'm fine, doctor. Just a lil bit tired." Nana replied.

"Don't worry, you will be better in no time. I assure you." The doctor said.

"Thank you, doctor." Nana smiled.

"You did a great job earlier Mr. Choi. Your wife is really lucky to have you as her husband. She doesn't need a doctor to deliver her baby." The doctor laughed lightly with Siwon.

"Thank you for everything, doctor." Siwon shook the doctor's hand and smiled.

"My pleasure. Do take good care of your wife and your lovely daughter." The doctor said before leaving the couple with the nurse.

"Here's your baby." The nurse smiled and carefully placed the baby on top of Nana.

"She's such a lovely baby. All the nurses are her fans. Now that I meet her parents, I know where she got her good looks from." Thr nurse smiled warmly.

"I should get back to work. Congratulations to both of you."

"Thank you very much." Siwon smiled. The nurse then left to give space to the new parents and their newborn daughter.

"She's so..perfect." Nana said in a low voice to avoid waking up the beautiful baby.

"Mm." Siwon who was laying on his elbow beside Nana nodded in agreement as his eyes were fixed on his daughter while his hand caressing Nana's hair.

"What should name her?" Nana asked.

"Mm..I like the name Anna. What do you think?"

"Anna. Choi Anna." Nana tried to say the name.

"I love it. Let's call her Anna." Nana smiled.

"Choi Anna, welcome to the world, daddy's lil girl." Siwon said and the new parents chuckled lightly.

"I can't thank you enough for all the pains that you've gone through in order to bring her into this world, sweetheart. I owe you that and I promise I'll make it up to you for the rest of my life. I love you." Siwon said as he planted a kiss on Nana's forehead as a tear escaped from his right eye.

"Thank you to you too. She symbolises the love we shared and because of her, we are able to feel this happiness which is totally unplanned in the first place. I love you too." Nana grabbed Siwon's hand and kissed it.

Anna completed their lives. Everything that they went through was worth it because Anna was finally here and life couldn't be more amazing with Anna around. Anna is their unplanned happiness.