04

Unplanned Happiness

 

Flashback to their encounter night.

Without any words, Nana just moved closer towards Siwon and rested her head on Siwon’s chest which caught Siwon a lil off-guard.

“Thank you..” Nana murmured but Siwon could still hear it in which his lips unconsciously formed a smile upon hearing that.

After a long while, Siwon pulled Nana away from him.

“Do you think it’s gonna be that easy, Nana-sshi?” Siwon asked still wearing the smile. Sarcasm evident in his voice and smile.

“What, what do you mean, Siwon-sshi?” The flustered Nana asked in pauses.

“I thought you said you were sorry and your words sounded so sincere..” Nana said.

“Well, I did apologise sincerely and willing to do take full responsibility but, all that come with a few conditions, Nana-sshi.” Siwon said.

“If you agree to all my conditions, I’ll marry you and that child will have a father and a perfect family just like you wanted.” Siwon said.

“At least for a while..” Siwon murmured.

“Siwon-sshi..” Nana sounded in disbelief. Nana really thought Siwon was really sincere when he uttered those words to her.

“Yes or no?” Siwon sternly asked.

“Tell me your conditions first and I’ll decide later on.” Nana said, not answering his question.

“I’ll prepare the papers tonight and bring them tomorrow for you to sign. So meet me at the cafe tomorrow evening.” Siwon said and instantly left the scene.

Nana felt like her legs were giving up thus she slumped onto the ground. Siwon stopped walking for a while as he heard the fall and slightly turned his head back but decided to leave anyways.

Second Encounter at Kona Beans.

“Here are the papers and my conditions are written in there. If you want to add your own conditions, you’re more than welcome to do so but the conditions must not oppose my conditions.” Siwon said, handing the documents to Nana.

“That is so unfair!” Nana complained.

“It’s not my problem.” Siwon shrugged in which Nana could only groaned inwardly.

She read through the documents and could agree to the conditions except for one.

“Wait, divorce after the baby is born?” Nana asked.

“Mmhm. We both do not have feelings for each other right now and will never ever have so it should be easy when we got divorced later on.” Siwon said.

“I know but we can’t be sure about what will happen later on. We can make it work for our baby and divorce is surely not the way.” Nana tried to convince Siwon.

“Besides, divorce after the baby is born is as good as not getting married at all.” Nana continued. Siwon did find some points in Nana’s words but he had his own reasons for doing that.

“Well, if you do not agree to this, it’s not my loss. We don’t have to get married then. As simple as that.” Siwon light-hearted said.

Nana actually didn’t want to go ahead with the wedding but she saw the wedding as the only way she could make up with her mother. Marriage was very important to her mother as she was the conservative type. Moreover, giving birth to a child out of wedlock was surely not a good thing.

“So, what is your decision?” Siwon asked after a couple of minutes went by.

Nana just ignored his question and proceeded on signing the papers which caught Siwon by surprise and he let out a sigh of relief.

“Happy now?” Nana asked as she pushed the documents to Siwon.

“More than ever.” Siwon sarcastically replied.

“At least, getting married until the baby is born is much better than having a baby out of wedlock.” Nana thought.

“At least you can feel your father’s presence for a while, baby.” Nana thought while caressing her tummy.

-------

With Jinwook and Ye-Seul’s help, Siwon and Nana’s simple wedding was eventually held at a small church attended only by their families and close friends two weeks after their second encounter at the cafe.

“Congratulations.” Jinwook congratulated the bride and groom.

“Gumawo hyung.” Siwon hugged his best friend.

“Promise me that you’ll be a good husband to Nana, alright?” Jinwook whispered to Siwon.

“I will try my best hyung.” Siwon nodded faintly showing his desire to not promise anything to Jinwook.

“I must be crazy for doing this..” Siwon thought.

“My little sister is a married woman now. Time sure flies.” Ye-Seul feeling a bit overwhelmed seeing Nana as a married woman.

“Be a good wife, okay?” Ye-Seul caressed Nana’s cheek in which Nana responded with a nod.

“If only Unnie knows...” Nana thought.

Nana then spotted her mother. It had been a while since they last talked because Nana thought her mother was still mad at her but she was grateful because even though her mother was cold to her, at least she still attended Nana’s wedding and that was enough to form a smile on Nana’s lips.

“Omma..” Nana called then bravely went to her mother and hug her. Her mother just froze there in Nana’s embrace trying to hold her tears in.

“I miss you a lot Omma...”

“Thank you for attending my wedding..No words can describe how grateful I was when I saw you.” Nana whispered while tightening her embrace. She missed her mother dearly.

“I might be someone’s wife now but I’m still your little baby. Don’t you miss your little baby, Omma?”

Nana could feel her shoulder was wet and a sound of weeping confirmed that her mother was indeed crying.

“Babo! What kind of mother doesn’t miss her own child? Of course I miss my little baby.” Mrs. Im said in between her soft sobs.

“I’m missing my baby more and more every single day but you didn’t even make an effort to entice me. My actions might show that I was mad but do you know my heart?” Mrs. Im continued voicing out her resentment towards Nana for not enticing her.

“Mianhe Omma...” Those were the only words Nana was able to say as she was already b with tears.

Ye-Seul who was watching the mother-daughter reunion from afar was also in tears but smiling at the same time.

“Are you okay?” Jinwook wrapped his arms around his wife’s shoulder trying to comfort her.

“Yeah I’m okay. Let’s head home now.” Ye-Seul said to her husband.

“It’s about time Omma let go of her ego.” Ye-Seul thought.

--------

The next day, Siwon and Nana officially moved to Siwon’s apartment in Apgujeong. The apartment was quite fancy and spacious and it was just perfect for a newly married couple like them. The apartment consisted of two bedrooms, a living room, a toilet and the kitchen was combined with the dining room.

“I’ll carry these things for you.” Siwon said bluntly and proceeded on carrying Nana’s stuffs to his bedroom.

“W-Wait, why are you carrying my things to your room?” Nana asked, sounding confused. She thought she was gonna use the other bedroom as she didn’t wanna share a room and most importantly a bed with Siwon.

Siwon stopped and turned back to face Nana. “What, you wanna sleep in my gym room? Go ahead. It’s even better.” Siwon snapped as he put down Nana’s stuffs on the floor. It turned out to be the other bedroom was actually Siwon’s gym room.

“It is a gym room?” Nana stuttered in embarrassment.

“What do you think it is? A guest room?” Siwon snapped.

Siwon just groaned inwardly and continued to carry Nana’s stuffs to his bedroom.

“Aish..why is he getting so worked up over a petty thing?” Nana groaned.

Siwon came out of his room bringing his pillows and blanket to the living room.

“You can use my room for a while. You should be lucky that your husband is not that heartless.” Siwon said as he put his pillows and blanket on his sofa. That sofa would be his temporary bed as he lent his room to Nana. As much as he hated sleeping outside, he must bear with it for a few months until the baby was out.

“Whatever.” Nana murmured and rolled her eyes.

As she was feeling thirsty, she went to the kitchen to get something to drench her thirst.

After she took a sip of the orange juice, her thoughts wondered off as she continued to swirl a glass of her orange juice. She kept on swirling until a loud beep coming from her cellphone made her jump out of surprise and the glass slipped from her hand which resulted in loud breaking sound of the glass and the glass shattered everywhere around the floor.

That loud sound made Siwon jumped out of the sofa and rushed to the kitchen to check on Nana.

When he arrived, he saw Nana trying to collect the pieces of glass on the floor.

“Yah Im Nana! Stop doing that!” Siwon barked but Nana ignored him.

Siwon got down on his knees to hold Nana’s hands to stop her from collecting the sharp pieces of glass. Just right before Siwon was able to hold Nana’s hands, her finger was cut by a sharp piece of glass.

“Ow!” Nana cried out loud as the cut was quite painful.

“See! That’s what you get when you didn’t listen.” Siwon lectured.

“Just mind your own business.” Nana snapped.

Siwon chose to ignore her. “Give me your hand. Let me see the cut. The glass might have gotten in to it.” Siwon said as he gestured for Nana to show her cut.

Nana also chose to ignore him in which Siwon forcefully grab her hand and check on the cut.

“Come with me.” Siwon said as he dragged Nana with him.

“Yah! Choi Siwon!” Nana continuously hit Siwon’s arm with her other hand begging to let her go but Siwon just tightened his grip on her hand.

“Sit!” Siwon said to Nana.

“I refuse!” Nana retorted.

Siwon forcefully pushed her shoulders down to make her sit. Nana involuntarily sat down.

After a couple of minutes, Siwon returned with his first aid box. He grabbed a small chair and placed it near Nana so that he could tend to her cut at ease.

Nana was about to say something when Siwon widened his eyes in an attempt to shut her up and it did shut her up. Siwon carefully spread the medicine over her cut and Nana flinched at the sudden pain. While Siwon was busy tending her cut, Nana took the moment to properly analyse Siwon. It was the first time, they were being that close and Nana finally realised how attractive Siwon was. His worried face moved her but she tried to shrug off all those thoughts because she knew she should make sure that she didn’t fall for Siwon because their marriage was temporary and it was gonna end in a few months time.

Without any words, Siwon just got up and went back to his room to put the first aid box.

He was on his way to the kitchen when Nana called him. He stopped walking abruptly but he didn’t turn to look at Nana.

“Thank you.” Nana said. Siwon didn’t reply her and just continued to walk to the kitchen  to clean up Nana’s mess.

“So cold.” Nana groaned inwardly.

Nana suddenly remembered that her phone was ringing a while ago. Nana took out her phone to see who texted her.

“Oh it’s Ye-Seul-unnie..” She murmured.

From: Ye-Seul

To: Nana

 

Nana-ah! Omma wants to see you and Siwon tomorrow. She said it’s important so swing by my place tomorrow evening, araso? I’ll hunt you down if you don’t come tomorrow.

 

Nana giggled when she read her unnie’s text. Her text cheered her up a lil bit after the cold response she got from Siwon.

 

From: Nana

To: Ye-Seul

 

Alright unnie! I’ll swing by your place with Siwon tomorrow. Don’t worry.

 

-----

Night time.

 

Siwon was watching television when Nana suddenly came to the living room.

 

“Siwon-sshi.” Nana called.

 

“Mm?” Siwon sounded still fixing his gaze on the television.

 

“Omma wants to see us tomorrow at Ye-Seul’s unnie place.” Nana straightforwardly said.

 

“Mm..” Siwon sounded but still not looking to Nana’s direction.

 

“Are you actually listening, Siwon-sshi?” Nana asked out of frustration.

 

“Mm.” Siwon sounded, his reaction was the same.

 

Nana just groaned inwardly and went back to her room.

 

At Ye-Seul’s place.

 

After dinner, Mrs. Im decided to talk to Nana and Siwon.

 

“Have you guys planned anything for your honeymoon yet?” Mrs.Im asked.

 

“Excuse me Omoni, I don’t see the need for us to have a honeymoon.” Siwon said.

 

“Ne Omma. Besides, we already have a baby inside me so I think honeymoon is not necessary.” Nana added.

 

“I see you guys haven’t planned for it. Good thing.” Mrs. Im said.

 

“You see, your halmeoni wants you to bring Siwon back to Chonju for honeymoon.” Mrs. Im added.

 

“But Omma..” Nana was cut by her mother.

 

“No buts. It’s your halmeoni’s request so please don’t disappoint her. Just hang in there for a few days alright?” Mrs. Im said.

 

“Oh God, I’m doomed.” Nana thought. Nana’s shoulders slumped down when she heard that. Living under one roof with Siwon was already a hell for her. Now, she needs to have a long honeymoon trip to Chonju with Siwon.

 

“Honeymoon trip? Hah, so ‘nice’.” Siwon thought and flashed a forceful smile to his mother-in-law.

 

I added another twist right here. I hope you guys like it and thank you for the supports! :)