Young [Part 2]

Dreaming of You

He wouldn't ever forget what it was like. To feel like you are slowly drowning. He thought he had grown up healthy and strong, knowing life was a gift. He knew because his own parents taught him to grow up knowing how life doesn't always give you one more day.

 

It still didn't prepare him for the news when he was only 15. He was in the prime of his youth, about to go to High School. He was rich, thanks to his parents, but he was popular with everyone because he was nice to everyone. He wasn't a snob. He didn't think he was better than everyone else. He believed that he was strong, but knowing that in the future he might go blind. That he might not be able to see, and that the world would go dark scared him. There were moments that he doubted what his parents taught him.

 

In the end, he decided that he needed to keep the hope that his parents gave him. They supported him fully. He decided to live everyday as if it were his last. But a lot of people didn't like that he lived that way. He liked to be bullied and picked on, but it made him even stronger.

 

He fought against those who would bully him and tell him to quit acting as if he owned everything. He couldn't though, because he couldn't give up his daily life while he could see. Soon enough, he would have to depend on others and he hated that.

 

One day, although he knew he had to be strong, it hurt that he was ganged up in an alley. He thought for sure that day would be his last when knives were opened and such. However, someone stronger and taller than he saved his life. It was a man that he was sure to be thankful for. If it wasn't for him, he would have lost his life long before it became meaningless.

 

He couldn't forget the school clothing, or the letter's stitched into the uniform. It was an unusual name, but it matched who the man was to him. That is when he found what he truly wanted to do. He wanted to follow the man. As far as he could go and for as long as he could. He wanted to follow the man who saved his life. He wanted to know why the man decided to save him. He wanted to know everything.

 

He didn't waste a second to ask his parents to let him enter the all boy high school. They had a lot of questions for him, wondering why he would suddenly do that. He spoke truthfully, knowing it would sound crazy to them but they would still support him.

 

He followed him to the all boy boarding school without a single hesitation. Although it was the first time away from his parents, he felt a freedom that he hadn't been able to face before.

 

He was excited to be able to live by himself. To have a feel of what it was to take care of himself and he felt safe within the gates of his new school.

 

His new life wasn't as easy as he thought though. The small campus was confusing, with buildings close together and the dormitories far in the distance. Everyone he tried to talk to didn't even look at him, but rather talked quietly to their friends. He decided to follow a couple people from a distance, but that just got him more lost.

 

He ended up walking empty halls of the buildings trying to find the office that he was supposed to check in 2 hours ago.

 

He was amazed when he saw a large studio room, finally sound and the appearance of people. He watched carefully as people danced wildly in front of a large mirror and to loud music.

 

"YA!"

 

He jumped when he heard a sudden scream. A man walked quickly towards him, biting on what looked up be a popsicle stick. He looked the man up and down before meeting his eyes. The man seemed to smirk at him.

 

"Tell me...you can't be the new freshman? Kim...Raehyun?"

 

"How did you know?"

 

"Aha..."

 

The man continued to look him up and down before sighing loudly and sticking his hands in his pocket. He mumbled something to himself...something along the lines of how he managed to find his way all the way up to the studio...

 

"Follow me, our secretary has his little head all worried because he hasn't seen you all morning."

 

"Because of me?"

 

The man paused a second, eyeing him once again.

 

"Yea, apparently you are an important guest." The man seemed to imitate. Raehyun assumed it was the secretary the man was talking about earlier.

 

"Anyway, I'm Jinon. I'm a senior. Class A's President. Nice to meet you."

 

Jinon turned, walking steadily backwards as he held out a hand. Raehyun quickly bowed, finally able to tell that he ran into his sunbae. Then he quickly turned the man's hand and introduced himself as well.

 

"Jinon-hyung?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You wouldn't happen to know someone by the name Choi Yeonghak, would you?"

 

The man turned his eyes on him again, his eyebrows raising for a second. Then he quickly shook his head, revealing that he knew no one by that name. Raehyun nodded, deciding it was only because of the size of the school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eek! Still too excited, I couldn't even update my other story because I had to write this one

Kan!!! <3<3 ㅎㅎ

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ