Followed

Dreaming of You

Raehyun was up earlier than his roommate to wash and to leave. After the dinner the night before, he found that he didn't want to wait. He didn't want to take his time to know Kan...to know who he really was.

 

He had thought about it a lot. How 'Kan' had found him that night. How he had been able to save him from knives without being injured was beyond him. Every time he thought about it, he became more confused but even more thankful. That he was brave enough to step up and strong enough to protect the both of them...he owed his life.

 

He walked around school quickly, wondering if Kan would be up yet. He decided to start with the cafeteria. He walked around, looking through the string of people who were up early for breakfast. Most of them were upperclassmen. And amongst the upperclassmen, most of them were Class Presidents or Captains.

 

He felt his heart beating faster as he thought that Kan might really be nearby.

 

"Kim Raehyun!" He jumped at the voice, quickly turning to find who had called him. It was the same voice who had gotten nearly the entire cafeteria's attention too. He bowed deeply, realizing that it was his Sunbae. Jinon.

 

"What are you doing here so early? Usually this is Captain and President's breakfast." Jinon stated, glancing around at everyone who was still staring at them. He bowed again before quickly looking for Kan one more time.

 

"I was looking for Kan...hyung."

 

Jinon gave him a strange look, a sharp one that looked up and down quickly.

 

"Look, I don't think you should be following a President and a Captain around..."

 

He stayed silent for a moment, remembering that Jinon had said he hadn't known anyone by Choi Yeonghak. He narrowed his eyes as he looked up to his Sunbae.

 

"Why did you say that you didn't know him when I asked yesterday? It's obvious that you do."

 

Jinon looked slightly embarrassed when he didn't meet the younger's eyes.

 

"Of course I know my own roommate and friend's full name."

 

"Then"

 

"I was just surprised. I never heard anyone call him by his full name. He has always gone by Kan since he came here. Also, he likes to keep to himself most of the time. He doesn't like people needlessly following him around so I wouldn't try your luck."

 

"But!"

 

Raehyun had called after him, the Sunbae that had suddenly walked away. However, the Sunbae skidded to a halt when Kan leisurely walked into the cafeteria.

 

He felt his heart skip a beat, finally able to see Kan close. He walked closer and closer till Kan's eyes left Jinon and moved onto him. He froze, even his breath was stuck in his throat. He quickly bowed, but Kan only stared at him as Jinon turned around to look at him too.

 

"Kan...Sunbae." The words flew from his mouth, after all he couldn't stay silent. Kan's eyes lingered on him for a few seconds before they rolled over to Jinon so that he could exchange a few words. He was surprised when he saw Kan turn in the direction in which he just came from. He shook his head. He couldn't let their first meeting turn out like this.

 

"Rae-"

 

He was gone before Jinon could finish saying his name. He ran in front of Kan, quickly stopping him in his tracks. Again the judgemental eyes stared back at him, but he still couldn't help but to feel happy. He had found him. Had found Choi Yeonghak, the man that had saved him. A whole year had passed since the accident, but everyday he had thought about how he would meet him again and how he would thank him.

 

"What do you want?" Kan finally spoke up, his words striking him at once. It was the same voice that had spoke to him before. He bowed once more, to be polite.

 

"K-kan Sunbae, I...I..."

 

"I'm busy..."

 

Kan said flatly, quickly leaving without another word. The only thing he could do was stare after him.

 

He bowed his head, feeling upset. Of course he thought that Kan might not recognize him, but he hadn't been worried about that. It seemed like it would be impossible to get close to him.

 

"Hey freshman. Don't take it to heart. He did it to me too, when we first met." Jinon was beside him, silently mocking him for his failure. He sighed, glancing once more in the direction of where Kan had disappeared.

 

"Wow...who is that?"

 

Jinon caught his attention, and he quickly looked up. He smiled slightly at the site of his Class President.

 

"YeJun, Class B's Freshman President. You don't know him?"

 

Jinon shook his head. Apparently he didn't know all of the Class Presidents.

 

"Do you know him?"

 

"I met him yesterday, the guy beside him is my roommate."

 

He remembered how his roommate had introduced him to his own class president, and explained that they were close friends. They had all been at the same table for the opening dinner.

 

"Will you introduce me?"

 

He stared at his Sunbae as if he had gone crazy. Jinon looked quickly down, his eyes begging.

 

"I'll help you with Kan. Please!"

 

He didn't have to think about it. There were several reasons why he would agree, the first being that Jinon agreed to help him with Kan. Another being that he never saw his Sunbae look so helpless, his confidence leaving his complexion completely. He never thought he could see a Sunbae like this.

 

He hesitated on his 5th push-up. Those eyes. The way that kid had spoke to him. He knew him the moment he saw him. He never thought he would be afraid to face someone like that. He never thought it would be so hard to say a simple word towards someone he didn't know.

 

He frustratingly ran a hand through his hair and stood up. It was strange that the distractions that had been so easy to block out before were suddenly so hard to stop. He leaned against the cool wall, knowing that his work-out had been pointless. He hadn't been able to get anything done.

 

He left the small training room, grabbing his uniform jacket and his backpack. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the freshman further down the hallway. He leaned against the wall, watching as the kid played with his friends. No one had ever caught his attention like this before. He didn't understand why this kid wasn't easy to ignore.

 

From a distance, he could tell that he kid was smart. He was able to get along easy with others. It seemed like he had a great background, with people who loved and cared for him. So why would a kid like him...someone who lived a happy life, look for someone like him?

 

He shook his head, setting off in a run as soon as he heard the bell. Classes would be starting soon and he was going to be late. His first day of classes, and the Class President was setting a horrible example.

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________

Just so everyone knows, this is boyxboy...I don't think I put that in the intro. I hope it doesn't discourage anyone from reading, but if it does, I'm sorry!

Also, sorry for my long absence. I was on vacation and then I won tickets to a football game unexpectedly.

Thanks for waiting and tell me how you like the chapter? I think the beginning is a little crazy.

 

ChoAnna <3