Back Together

Two Different Heart Beats
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Chol Yong....." I inched in closer and felt her hand. They were warm, but not normal temperature. I warmed her hands up with mine and put one of her hands on top of my heart. It was beating like crazy. Taemin looked at the both of us and seemed to be mad. He didn't say anything but her left the room closing the door behind him.

“Yung Ah…… I missed you….. Please……please don’t leave and forget me again……” I hugged her gently, at least gently enough so that I wouldn’t wake her up. I could hear Yung Ah mumbling in her sleep. I couldn’t make out what she was saying but it seemed like it was something that she wanted to say. I laid my head next to her soft white hands and made sure that she was comfortable. I dozed off into my own dream land.

“Ow…” I looked up to see Joon hitting my head. “Yah! Mir! What are you doing here!?” He looked at me as if I were crazy. “Yah! Mir! You know better than to come to a hospital with a girl!” He was whispering loudly.

“H-Hy-Hyung…. I’m sorry….” I let go of Yung Ah’s soft hands and faced Joon. “How did you find me?” Joon was looking at me sternly. “I found out from your sister. I asked her where you were, luckily you texted her earlier saying where you were going.” He grabbed my hand but then I jerked it away. “I’m not leaving Yung Ah again! Not after what she said to me!” Joon smirked. This time he picked me up and dropped me outside in front of Yung Ah’s room. “Mir. How do you know this girl! Your sister didn’t tell me. All she did was look down with a painful look. What is going on between you and that girl!” he pinned me to the wall and was holding my collar on my shirt. “Alright… I’ll tell you…. So back in middle school……”

 I told him the whole story and he just stood there in shock. “J-J-Jeongmal! You’re not serious right!? C’mon Mir! You never said anything about her!”

“Yah, that’s cuz I didn’t want anyone to know about my past. Otherwise it’ll just hurt more and more…” I turned away from him and walked back into the room. In there was Yung Ah sitting up on her bed.

“Chol Yong! She got up quickly and came over to me. “Chol Yong! I missed you!” My body was frozen. Does she really remember everything? “Do you remember everything Yung Ah!? Do you remember how you had a brain tumor and forgot everything!?” I hugged her so tightly that she couldn’t reply.  She pushed on my chest telling me that she needed to breathe. “Chol Yong, I was so stupid to not recognize you! I’m so sorry that I forgot about you! I-I-I-” I cut her off by kissing her rosy lips that had once touched me so swiftly before, years ago. I held her as she kissed me back. Not a sound or a peep. Just both of our lips touching each other. She looked up at me with her wonderful eyes. “Chol Yong, I still really care about you, I miss you, I want you back!”

I stood there in shock and looked at her. Did she just say that!? “Yung Ah…… What about Taemin? Don’t you love him…” My head went down along with the painful sight I saw yesterday. They were cuddling and embracing each other in their arms. “Chol Yong! After forgetting the one I loved the most and remembering him again, I really want to make up!”

I just stared into her brown. “But, I didn’t keep our promise……. I left you after the surgery…. I don’t deserve you. A person like Taemin, that can make you smile like a warm sunny day, does. You should go ba-” This time I got cut off, by Yung Ah’s kiss. She had so much feeling in it. It was gentle yet r

Please log in to read the full chapter