How We Met and Now

Two Different Heart Beats
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Mir’s POV
Flashback

A few years back……

We were both in middle school at the time. I didn’t debut yet, I was a trainee, but my sister had. I didn’t earn a lot of attention from the media as much as I should’ve, but I was fine. It was actually better for me. In my class I was very popular I guess. Girls asking me out, guys jealous of me cuz of my looks and being favorites by the teachers. My life was pretty average. Asides from me though, was a girl. She was very pretty. Not extremely beautiful but good looking and earned a lot of attention from the guys in our school. She didn’t like to talk to people she didn’t know but she was very talkative to her classmates. “Yung Ah~ Can I have the answers to the math homework!” Her friend Soo Min Hee, which was also very pretty, came skipping through the door and went over to Yung Ah. She was popular and all but not that smart. “Okay, here…” She handed her friend the answers and went back to looking out the wide glass window. “Hey! Chol Yong! Who you looking at!”

“Hm? Oh no body.” I turned back to them making my back face the window. My eyes seemed to always go to her during brake or whenever I’m not paying attention to things. Her brown hair falling to the sides. Her pink lips that couldn’t be even more perfect. Her fingers that were long and carried her pencil ever so perfectly. Her slim body that wasn’t too skinny or too big. Her nickname is the ‘Silent Princess’, it fit her pretty well. She seemed to be perfect. My heart started to pump faster and faster. “Chol Yong! Why is your face turning red~! Ooh! You ert! You’re thinking of something dirty aren’t you!?”

“Yah! Quit it! Of course not! Just because you’re talking about that doesn’t mean I’m paying attention!”  I pointed at the dirty magazine that was in Min Hwan’s hands.  I looked back at Yung Ah to find that she was gone. They started to go back to the subject of the model’s huge s and . It was annoying…. But I had to admit… she was hot. I hopped off my desk and went out the door and headed towards the roof top. It was nice up there. It was cool and not as hot as it was inside. I opened the door that was at the top and stepped out. The wind ruffled my hair and a put my hand on my bangs to prevent the wind from getting my hair in eyes. I headed towards the bench and sat down. Ah….. If only I could do this every day….. It’s like heaven! My eyelids closed and shut out the bright sun rays that went through the roof. I laid my head on the other side of the bench making my whole body stretch. I lifted my right arm and put it on top of my face blocking out the light.

Chol Yong ssi~ Chol Yong ssi~ Are you alright? It was a faint sound but it sounded too real to sound like a voice in my dream.  I slowly opened up my eyes to see the light in my eyes. But in the corner of my eyes, I could see her. It was Yung Ah. Her hair dangled around her small face and her tear dropped shaped eyes looked at me tenderly. Hm? Why was she here?

“Chol Yong ssi, kenchana?” Her soft voice was blowing through the wind. I got up immediately realizing it wasn’t a dream or my imagination. It was Yung Ah.

“U-U-Uh… Um… I’m sorry….. Did I disturb you?” My voice was stuttering, not because of embarrassment, but because of how close she was to me. Was she staring at me this whole time? I looked down at my watch and realized I’ve been out for twenty minutes. It was only a nap. Thank god, anymore and I would’ve been dead. “Sorry! But I gotta go down and change for gym!” She nodded and sat down on the bench. “Aren’t you going down too?”

“Oh… well, I’m excused….”

“Why?” This was the first I’ve heard of that. She always went to gym. She was in almost every single of my classes. That actually is also one of the many reason why guys were jealous of me. “Because I don’t feel well these days…..” I leaned in closer to her and knelt in front of her. She was crying. Her tears ran down her white skin and onto her plaid skirt. She put down her lunch and covered her face. “I-I I’m so sorry! Did I scare you? Did I make you upset!?”

“A-A-Aniya……It’s just that… I’m scared…” She muttered it but I understood her words. She was scared…. But of what? Me!? Well, no probably not….. But if not…then what?

“Yung Ah ssi, what are you scared of?” I leaned in closer and moved her side bangs out of her eyes. I moved my hand to the back of her head and it. “Do you want me to comfort you?” She nodded a ‘no’, but I didn’t care. Her tears were telling me yes. I wrapped her shoulders and head with my arms and let her rest her head on my chest. She was crying and crying. Not telling me the reason why, but I knew that if she were to tell me it would probably upset her and make her sob even more. I stayed with her and didn’t move. I missed gym, but I was fine with it. When we were like this for ten minutes I felt calm. Her warmth was very comforting and I was pretty sure mine was too.  She pushed me away gently and looked up. “Thank you…. I’m sorry I cried in front of you……” She looked back down and scratched the back of her head

Please log in to read the full chapter