Heartbreaking Liar

[PG-13] Good vs. Evil.

Chapter Six: Heartbreaking Liar

It was a Saturday morning. Baeki didn’t have anything planned for today. The whether was supposed to be warm and sunny, just what she liked. She had wanted to spend some time outside, maybe hang with some people, but not her girl friends. She had become loose with them. Whenever she saw them in school she just gave them the cold shoulder and walked away.  At times she felt bad for it, but then again…she didn’t.

Time went by and she had been on her laptop just browsing online clothing websites.  Since it was getting warmer out, she needed new spring-like clothes.

Bzz! Bzz!

Her phone began to vibrate on the table next to her laptop. She wondered who it was. Her friends? Ew.

She reached over for it and picked it up. Her phone read Unknown Number. She thought of not answering it because she didn’t know who it was. But if she didn’t she could have missed an important call. She answered.  “Hello?”

“Hey beautiful.” She knew who it was and didn’t like the way he had greeted her.

“Hi…” She didn’t want him to talk to her like that since they weren’t dating.

“Your voice sounds cute when you answer the phone.” He says.

“Thanks. But how did you get my number?” Totally ignoring his sweetness.

“Oh when I hugged you yesterday, your phone had been in the right side pocket of your backpack. So I took it and put your number in my phone.” He laughed.

“You little sneak!” She said. Suddenly falling for his cuteness.

“Well, when someone is really caught up in the moment of just a hug, it’s not that hard to take advantage of you, silly.”

“Yeah, I guess so.” She says back.

“So, uhm, I was wondering.” He hesitates.

“Wondering what?” She asks. Hoping he wasn’t going to ask what she thought he was going to.

“Would you like to go on a date with me?” Yup. That’s what she feared. He had said it.

“Kevin, honestly, I’ve been thinking about it. I know that I said I wasn’t lying about this going to fast but-” She got cut off by him.

“But you think it is, don’t you.” He said with lowness to his voice.

“Yeah. How’d you know?” She asks.

“I think it is too.” He pauses. “I think that kiss yesterday was…uncalled for. I was just a little frustrated and wasn’t thinking. Aish! I always do this!” He said annoyed with himself.

“I understand. It’s okay. How about we start over when we, hang out?” She said putting emphasis on the hang out part.

“Alright. Sounds good. Uh, I’ll come to your house around noon time tomorrow?” He says.

“Yep. I’ll be here. See you then. Bye.” Baeki hangs up.

*     *     *

It was noon time the next day.  Baeki had been waiting sitting on her big set of stairs looking at the glass door for a dark reflection.  He didn’t show. Maybe he had forgotten her house number? How could he forget? He walks home with her everyday. She decided to go sit outside on the nicely done and expensive cement steps, hoping that if he did show, he would be able to see her and know he was at the right house. 

Minute’s pass into hours, still no sign of him. Baeki was getting impatient.  She slaps her hands on the cement stairs with anger as she gets up.  Maybe the reason he didn’t show was because he didn’t see her? Her driveway had been long and you had to peak around tall bushes to see the house.

She rolled her eyes and walked down her long driveway, opened the gate looking up and down the street only seeing passing cars and her neighbors.  No sign of him anywhere.

“Aish! Stood me up again!” She sighs loudly closing the gate behind her with frustration. 

As she was making her way back up her driveway to her house she hears a familiar voice. 

“Yah. Baeki.” The voice says. She smiles as her eyes grow wider with excitement. Could it be him?

She turns around quickly. It was, Xavier. She frowns walking over to him.

“Xavier? H-how do you know where I live?” She asked a little creeped out from actually seeing him in front of her.

“I decided to go for a walk since it’s nice out. Then I see you from down the street. I saw your sad and annoyed face.” He pauses to look at her. “What? You’re not happy to see me?” He puffs his cheeks and steps back.

“No! I’m happy you’re here. At least someone is.” She crossed her arms across her chest.

“Let me guess, Kevin?” He asks.

She tilts her head. How did he know that? “Yeah, but how-”

He cut her off. “Baeki. I already warned you. Beware of Kevin. He’s a heartbreaker and a liar.”

“What?” Did he really just say those two words she hated?

“You heard me. Baeki he’s a heartbreaking liar. Every girl he starts talking to, he makes her feel amazing. Treating her nice and sweet, taking her to places she likes to go. When he eventually asks her to be his girl friend the girl can’t say no. She immediately has to say yes, because she’s in love with him. Eventually he will dump her and move on with his life. Leaving her alone with a broken heart.”

Baeki was speechless. Kevin had always waited for her by her locker, walked her home on the side of the road.  He had always been further in the street shielding her from any cars.  Always sweet talked her, making her smile and blush uncontrollably. That kiss, was so unexpected. It was like a lour. Telling her that she needed to be his girlfriend.

Everything that Xavier had said, was exactly what Kevin had been doing.

Her eyes grow wide with shock. “What?” He asks.

“He’s doing all of that to me!” She says with a worried face. She didn’t want to fall for him, ending up liking him and being his girlfriend only to end up with a broken heart.

“He is?” Xavier asks.

“Yes! All of it. The sweet talking, making me feel like I am actually loved by someone. What do I do?” She was pacing back and forth. She knew she never should have become friends with him. It was only going to make her life miserable.

“Ignore him for a few days. Just don’t talk to him that much. If he asks what’s wrong just smile and say nothing. Pretend that you’re all right.” Xavier says giving her advice.

“That sounds…mean.” She asks walking back towards him.

“Just do it. I promise it’s going to work.” He says.

“Are you positive? What if it doesn’t? He’s going to hate me.” She says pressing her temples. Her face was getting read. You could just imagine steam coming out of her ears.

“Baeki, believe me. Not he’s not. If you just tell him that everything’s fine and that you just want to be left alone, he won’t hate you. You’re telling him the honest truth. So there’s no reason for him to hate you.” Xavier says.

“…Okay.” She hesitates. She didn’t want to go through with this. What if it turned out bad?

“I’ll see you in school tomorrow. Bye Baeki. And don’t worry, everything will be okay.” He says walking away.                        

“You’re telling him the honest truth. So there’s no reason for him to hate you. Don’t worry, everything will be okay.

Hah. You really think I’m telling the truth. Kevin has never had a girlfriend. All the girls know that he would be a bad boyfriend. You’re so gullible it’s hilarious. This is so going to ruin your relationship with Kevin, and you don’t even see it coming. Good luck with everything, Baeki. He says walking away with an evil laughing.

-------------------------

Ooooooo evilness! Me likey. >D 

Whatcha think?

Do you like the evil Xander? 

Enjoy~ 

Subscribe&&Comment~

 

Please READ AND COMMENT my other fics as well. ^^

Two World's Collide

Love...B2ST Style