Her Hand In Marriage.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

Joon smiled. He watched behind the doors of the ballroom, as Kim Bum put the necklace he had bought, on So Eun's neck, the necklace that he had bought. He smiled. As long as she's happy, he thought to himself, and then left. Happy birthday Kim So Eun, hope you liked my present. He had given the present because he knew, no matter how much she would like the present, and how happy she was when she received it, she would be alot happier if she thought the necklace was from her fiance, Kim Bum.
"Where's Joon?" So Eun asked just a few minutes after he had left. She had noticed he was not in the ballroom, and was curious.
"I don't know." Kim Bum replied.
"I'm going to find him." So Eun told Kim Bum, and left the room. She hurried through the hallway, and back into the lobby and rushed to the entrance when seeing Joon just walking through the doors. "Joon!" She called. He had heard, and turned around.
"So Eun..." So Eun walked towards him, and stopped her footsteps when she was about a meter away.
"You should've at least told me you were going. It is my birthday after all." She said with a smile. Joon let out a little laugh.
"Go back in..." Joon suggested, "You're the star today, and without you, the party would be meaningless." Then he remembered that he would be leaving tomorrow, and wouldn't be seeing her for at least a week, and his expression suddenly turned sad.
"What's wrong?" So Eun asked.
"Go in." Joon insisted.
"Tell me, or i'm not going in." So Eun was wearing her serious face, and Joon knew immediately if he didn't tell her, she wasn't going to go back in.
"I'm leaving tomorrow, for Seoul. I'll be back next week, it's nothing big."
"Seoul?" So Eun said in surprise. "How come you've never told me anything about this?"
"There was no need, and it's nothing big. You should go in now, I have to leave too. Happy Birthday Kim So Eun." He said as he pulled her close, and kissed her on the forehead. Kim Bum had come out to find So Eun, and by the time he found her, the only thing he saw was another boy kissing his girlfriend's forehead. His fists were clenched tight, but he didn't even say a word, because he was afraid, that if he did say anything, he would lose So Eun.

Seoul... Joon thought to himself as he walked through the entrance doors of the Seoul International airport. I'm back. He reached into his pocket, and took out the picture of So Eun he had taken of her just a few months back. He didn't put a tight grip on the photo, so the wind had swept it up from his fingers when it blew. It landed on the floor, and when he bended down to pick it up, he noticed a lady, maybe the age of his mother leaned down to pick it up also. She picked it up, and paused to look at the photo.
"You know this girl?" She asked impatiently. Joon nodded.
"She's my classmate. Do you know her by chance?" Joon asked. The lady nodded with a smile, and replied:
"She's my daughter. Kim So Eun." Her face was filled with pride. Joon, surprised helped the lady to a bench nearby."You look familiar..." She examined his face, and then suddenly realized who he had looked like. "You're..." She shook her head in disbelief, and then asked: "Are you Kim Dong Hyun's son by any chance?"
"You know my father?" Joon asked curiously. She nodded.
"He saved me, twenty years ago. I was really unhappy that night, and I decided to have a drink... eventually I got drunk. Walking back home, I crossed an intersection. The lights were green, and the cars were still moving. I would've been dead if it wasn't for your father. He pushed me away from that car, saving me from having a car crashing into me, and killing me." She explained with a smile. "How is your father now? Is he well?" She asked. Joon nodded.
"He's very healthy."
"Well, I hope to see you again soon." So Eun's mother said as she got up from the bench, and left. I wonder what So Eun would say if i told her I met her mother when I go back... He wondered as he got up to find his ride.

The house was big, almost the size of the one he had in Los Angeles. To commoners, the house may be considered like a palace, but to Joon... it was nothing more than just a normal house. "Father! Mother!" He called as he entered the doorway. He passed his suitcase to the servant, and walked into the living room. The room was brightly lit by the lights hanging from the ceiling, and since the walls were white, it made the room look more lit.
"You finally arrived?" His mother asked. Her hands were on her lap, sitting formally on the antique sofa. His parents had taken the morning plane to Seoul, while he slept in, and took the afternoon flight.
"I'm only a few hours late." Joon said as he took at seat beside his mother. She slapped him on the thigh, and said:
"You shouldn't have slept in..."
"I'm sorry, I was really tired. I promise I won't do it again." He said, and went to the kitchen to find food.

"Oh, mother...It's only a dinner. Do you have to take so much time to pick out an outfit?" Hye Sun asked impatiently.
"Hye Sun ah... This isn't just any dinner; this is a dinner with my savior. I must dress my best to see him, and his family." Her mother replied. Hye Sun sighed.
"Alright, take your time..." Hye Sun said as she left the room. After Hye Sun and her mother were ready, they left for the hotel.

"Dong Hyun!" Hye Sun's mother screamed when she spotted Joon's father, and his family. They were sitting at the table, waiting for Hye Sun and her mother's arrival to start the dinner. Joon's father stood up, and walked toward her and hugged her. "I haven't seen you in so long!" Hye Sun's mother said.
"It has been a long time." Joon's father replied, and helped her to a seat. "This is my wife." He introduced.
"Nice to meet you." Hye Sun's mother said with a smile. Hye Sun had taken a seat beside her mother, and since the table was round, the seat that was next to her was occupied by Joon. They did brief introductions, and started the meal. After the meal was finally over, they had a long chat. "I haven't heard from So Eun in so long..." She said with a sigh. She missed her daughter, but she didn't want to call her, she didn't want to interrupt her studies. Joon smiled.
"She's doing very well, she's getting used to the lifestyle there." Joon explained.
"Joon, didn't you mention you've had someone in mind for marriage a little while ago, when we brought up the idea of engagement?" Joon's mother asked. She wanted Joon engaged to a girl from a business partner of Joon's father, but he refused and said that he already had someone in mind for marriage. "Could this So Eun be the girl you had in mind?" Joon didn't know why, but he nodded his head. Hye Sun was shocked; her mother was overwhelmed with happiness that such a rich boy had fallen in love with his daughter. Not that Kim Bum wasn’t rich; she just simply thought Joon would be a better choice.
"Well, in this case, since your father is my savior, to pay him back... I shall give you my daughter's hand in marriage." Hye Sun's mother said.
"You must not make such a decision. Things like this are to be thought over carefully, and your daughter must approve." Joon's father said. He thought something like this should be at least thought over a bit more, though he was happy at the thought of being in-laws with his old friend.
"It's alright; she would be fine with it I'm sure." So Eun's mother assured.
"Isn't she already engaged with a man?" Joon asked.
"Kim Bum? No, he's only her boyfriend. I'm sure once she get's married with someone as good as you, she'll forget about that boy." Her mother said confidently. So their not engaged... Joon thought to himself, she was lying... so that I'd give up...