Mistaken Faith

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

Joon had decided to cancel the wedding dinner, since Hye Sun was so unhappy, and the fact that So Eun really wanted to comfort her sister. He knew even if the wedding dinner continued, So Eun’s heart won’t be into the dinner anyways. He had returned home with his parents without So Eun. So Eun said she’d come back later when Hye Sun was feeling better. She returned around nine o’clock at night. She found Joon sitting at his desk, studying his notes. She walked towards the desk, and when he noticed her, he got up, and walked to where she was.
“How’s Hye Sun doing?” He asked, as he led So Eun to the bed, where they sat down.
“She’s still a bit down. Hyun Joong really hurt her this time. I think there really isn’t a chance of them going back together this time…” She trailed off. Joon leaned closer to her, and placed his lips on hers. She jerked away, her face showing that she was shocked. She tried to not make eye contact with Joon, but he lifted her chin up with his fingers, and kissed her again. She didn’t resist it this time, but she didn’t kiss him back. He pulled his lips away from hers, and looked at her in confusion. After a few seconds, he understood. He knew her heart wasn’t ever his; it was always Kim Bum’s. He stood up, and grabbed one of the pillows on the bed. So Eun, surprised looked at him. His face showed that he was hurt, but what could she do?
“I’m going to sleep in the living room tonight.” He said, and started towards the little living room space in their room.

A few days had passed since the wedding. Kim Bum wasn’t allowed to drink anymore, thanks to Jae Joong. Jae Joong had moved in with him using the excuse of “I don’t want to pay for the hotel bills anymore.” He took out all the alcohol in the house, and threw them away. “I don’t’ allow alcohol in any place that I live in.” He said. In the end, Kim Bum gave in. He knew Alcohol wasn’t good for him anyways.
Kim Bum went to school that day, hoping to avoid seeing So Eun. He didn’t see her; he had only seen her husband, Joon. “Have you heard what happened to Kim So Eun?” A girl was saying. Kim Bum heard the conversation as they walked passed him.
“She’s sick.” The other girl said.
“Only a few days into marriage and she’s sick already.” The first girl laughed. ‘Sick? She’s sick?’ Kim Bum thought in disbelief. He didn’t know why, but he knew he had to go see if she was okay. Joon had noticed Kim Bum leave, and had decided to follow after him, just to see what he was up to. It didn’t take a long time for Kim Bum to find Joon’s house, and the servants let him in when he said he was her friend. They even led him into the room.

She was lying on the bed, fast asleep. He walked over to her, and put his hand over her forehead. She had a fever. How could she manage to get a fever when it was only the beginning of the fall season? He went into the little bathroom in Joon’s room, and wet a towel with cold water, and placed it on So Eun’s forehead, hoping it would help. Joon was hiding behind one of the shelves in his room that stretched from the floor to the ceiling. It was in between the bedroom area, and the doors. He wanted to know what Kim Bum was doing. Kim Bum, took a seat on the edge of the bed, being really careful not wake So Eun up. “So Eun ah…” He whispered, “How have you been? Has Joon been treating you well?” Joon snorted in disbelief. ‘Of course I treated her well, I probably love her more than you do.’ He mumbled in his mind. “It’s been a long time…” He took So Eun’s hands, and removed the towel. “I heard from Jae Joong, Hyun Joong and Hye Sun broke up… Is she feeling well?” Just then, his phone rang. He flipped open his phone, and walked aside, afraid that he would wake So Eun up. “Hello?” After a little short conversation, he hung up. He quickly, but gently kissed So Eun on the forehead, and rushed outside, not even noticing Joon. Once he had left, Joon walked towards So Eun.
“So Eun…” He took her hands like Kim Bum did. “He really does love you…” He walked towards his desk, and took a seat on the chair. The wedding picture that they had taken a few weeks ago was in a picture frame, sitting on his desk. “Maybe if it wasn’t for your mother, we would’ve never taken this picture, or even have gotten married in the first place.” He held the picture to his heart, as his eyes filled with water. “Should I let you go? To where you belong?” He closed his eyes for a long moment, and didn’t open them till a servant rushed into the room, telling him it was time for So Eun’s medication.

“Is it really bad?” Kim Bum asked the nurse. He had hurried to the hospital, after getting his phone call.


“He’s still unconscious. We don’t know if he’s going to make it or not.” The nurse replied. Kim Bum froze. He was fine this morning… why would something like this happen? Kim Bum walked slowly to the hospital room, and stopped when he could see Jae Joong. He lay there, emotionless. Almost as if he was dead. He took a seat beside the hospital bed.


“Kim Jae Joong. Wake Up.” He said. “Hyung, wake up. You’re not the type that should be sleeping in the hospital room.” Jae Joong didn’t seem to hear him, because he never answered, nor moved. Kim Bum closed his eyes for a long moment, and then opened them again.


“Jae Joong, if you wake up… I promise I’ll get So Eun back? Alright?” Just then, Jae Joong’s eyes fluttered open, and he revealed a big smile.


“That’s what I wanted to hear.” He sat up in his bed, laughing.


“Yah! That wasn’t funny!” Kim Bum said as he pushed Jae Joong on his shoulder. Jae Joong only laughed, and then looked at Kim Bum, his face serious.


“But seriously, how are you going to get her back? I mean… Isn’t she already married to Joon?”


“It’s alright, I’m not going to get her back.”


“What? But you promised…” Jae Joong mumbled. Kim Bum laughed.


“I’m kidding. I am going to get her back… even if you didn’t make me promise before.”