Start Of New Relationship, End Of An Old One.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]
“Hyun Joong!” Hye Sun called, though he was gone already, and couldn’t hear her. He wouldn’t have come back anyways…
“Who did I fall in love with?” Hyun Joong asked himself as he drove back home. “She’s so selfish, yet she says she’s doing it for So Eun’s own good. What place does she think she is in to think what’s best for So Eun?” He mumbled. When he had finally arrived home, he packed all his belongings, and drove off to the airport.

Jae Joong woke up early that day. It was the day of the wedding, and he had to think of something to stop it from happening. He knew this wasn’t really his business, but for his friend’s future, he knew he had to do this. He walked to the hotel’s closet, and found the clothes he had brought from Seoul. There was nothing formal in it. All of it was clothes that he would wear regularly. He sighed, slipped one of them on, and went downstairs. Luckily, there was a mall in the hotel, and he went into one of the clothing stores, and bought a white suit. Even if he was going to ruin this wedding, he’d have to look nice.
‘This is the day…’ So Eun thought to herself, as she lazily got up. She didn’t have a chance to tell Joon, and it was probably too late to tell him now. They didn’t have much alone time together, and even when they did, he avoided the topic. She sighed, and looked up to the ceiling. It was so different from the room she used to sleep in; in that apartment she used to live in with Kim Bum. It was then that a servant rushed in with the wedding dress, and was gasping for air as she tried to speak to So Eun.
“Miss…” She took a deep breath. “It’s time … To… Get… Ready…”
“I get it.” So Eun said, and went to change. “Where’s Joon?” So Eun asked when she had finally finished changing, sitting at the dresser, with the hairstylist playing with her hair.
“Master, and Young Master had left early this morning, and will meet you later at the church.” So Eun nodded.
“Perfect!” A voice cried. So Eun turned around to find Joon’s mother, running to her, and giving her a hug. So Eun tried to smile. “Are you ready to go?” She asked.
“Yes.” She replied. She followed her downstairs, and into the car.
“To the church.” Joon’s mother ordered joyfully. As soon as the car started, Joon’s mother wouldn’t stop talking. “I’m so happy you and Joon are finally getting married!” She took So Eun’s hands, and So Eun tried to smile. “I used to wonder, what kind of girl Joon would marry when he grows up… I was afraid it would be a girl that only liked him for his money… and right after they get the wealth, they’d divorce him…” Her voice sounded worried. “But I’m not worried about that anymore. Because I know you’re not that kind of person!” ‘Awesome…’ So Eun thought to herself. Joon’s mother suddenly let go of So Eun’s hands, and reached into her purse, to pick out a little pouch. She opened the pouch, and lifted out something that looked like diamond necklace. “This is for you.” She said as she put it on So Eun. So Eun pushed it away, and said:
“I can’t take this… it’s too expensive.”
“You can.” Joon’s mother said. “It’s a family treasure, given to the girl that marries into this family. Joon’s grandmother gave it to me, when I married Joon’s father. Now it’s my turn to give it to you.” She said as she put it on So Eun’s neck. So Eun didn’t resist this time. What could she resist? All she could think of right now, was what this lady’s reaction would be when she tells Joon that she can’t marry him? The thought made her feel guilty. This woman treated her like she was her real daughter, maybe even better than her mother had treated her before. Well, she was going to become her daughter in less than a couple of hours… She never seemed to feel this motherly love before, because her mother was so focused on Hye Sun, she had no time for So Eun. Her eyes became teary, as she tried to decide what to do. Joon’s mother noticed, and quickly brought out her handkerchief and wiped So Eun’s tears as they began to fall.”Don’t cry…” She whispered. “It’s the most important day of your life, and you’re sitting here, crying.” Joon’s mother smiled as her eyes, also, started to become teary. So Eun, who had no handkerchief, used her hands to wipe Joon’s mother’s tears. They laughed at each other for the foolishness. Hye Sun was invited to the wedding, and her job was to walk her sister up the aisle. She tried talking to Hyun Joong, but he didn’t want to talk to her, and avoided her. She never even had a chance to talk to him. Hye Sun walked outside as the car arrived, and opened the door, only to find her sister, and Joon’s mother crying. When they noticed Hye Sun, they quickly wiped their tears, and stepped outside to greet the people around. There were people on either sides of the red carpet that led to the inside of the church. Joon’s mother, Hye Sun, and So Eun greeted the people with smiles, and quickly walked into the church. The people quickly followed. Joon’s mother took a seat beside her husband in the front row, as Joon took his place at the end of the aisle. The seats were filled with people So Eun had not seen, and she felt a bit awkward. There was only a few from school, and from So Eun’s class that she could recognize. In the back row sat Michelle. So Eun curled her arm with Hye Sun’s and started walking down the aisle, aware of all the eyes on her and her sister. As they walked, So Eun looked back to where Michelle was. Her eyes looked happy, and were filled with water. ‘Happy that Kim Bum’s finally yours right?’ She thought to herself as she looked forward. Joon had one of his smiles on, one of the best that So Eun had ever seen. When she reached the end of the aisle, Hye Sun handed her hand to Joon, and took a seat beside Joon’s parents. Hyun Joong was no where to be seen. Neither was Jae Joong or Kim Bum. Not that it would be any better if Kim Bum was here. She was glad that he hadn’t come. The priest said a bunch of words, until he asked the question that everyone was waiting for.
“Are you willing to take Kim So Eun as your wife?” Joon answered with a calm:
“I Do.” The priest then turned to So Eun and asked:
“Are you willing to take Kim Joon as your husband?” So Eun was silent for a moment. Millions of things were running through her head right now. If she said yes, then this would be fulfilling her mother’s wish, but if she didn’t, she would be breaking Joon’s mother’s heart. What about the necklace she had given her this morning? It was their family treasure…She ran her fingers over the necklace, and then looked in the direction of Hye Sun. Her eyes full of hope, and happiness. Didn’t Hye Sun always want her to marry into a rich family? What bad would this marriage do? Kim Bum didn’t care about her anymore… He had Michelle now. Jae Joong wouldn’t care, he respected her thoughts… But where was he? Hyun Joong, where was he? She turned to Joon, his face once again pleading, just like the day he had proposed to her. The fear of her rejecting him showed in his eyes.
“I Do.” She finally said, as Joon hugged her. Everyone in the crowd applauded, and it stopped when the doors of the church burst open. There they were. Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Jae Joong.
“We reject to this wedding.” They both said together. The priest shook his head in disbelief.
“I’m sorry… You’re too late.” He said. “Kids these days… If they want to reject to this… they should’ve came earlier…” He mumbled quietly. Jae Joong and Hyun Joong stood at the end of the aisle, frozen.’ They’d come too late?’ Jae Joong asked himself, though the answer was as clear as a bell.
“So Eun –“Hyun Joong tried to say, but Hye Sun interrupted.
“Hyun Joong, they’re married. So Eun already agreed. You can’t do anything to stop it now.” Hye Sun said as she walked toward him. Hyun Joong couldn’t help but slap Hye Sun. “You—“
“You disappoint me even more than you did before. If you were a good sister, you would’ve stopped this wedding from happening.” Hyun Joong said. Everyone in the room had their eyes on Hyun Joong and Hye Sun. Hye Sun laughed.
“What do you mean? This is for So Eun’s own good. This was her choice, I never forced her to marry brother-in-law.”
“Brother-in-law?” Hyun Joong laughed. “You’re nothing more than a person that’s obsessed with money!” Everyone in the room gasped. Everyone but Hye Sun. Hyun Joong continued. “Remember what happened with Kim Bum? You were going to use So Eun to get the money… Sisters like you…” He was trying to find the words. “People like you, are considered monsters.”
“The Kim Bum incident was for your company. If it wasn’t for your company in a crisis, would I have come up with that plan? How else could we have gotten the money?” So Eun wanted to run to them and break the fight, but Joon held her back.
“Just let them be.” Joon whispered.
“I would’ve found a way out.” Hyun Joon replied.
“A way out…?” Hye Sun laughed. “You really think so?” Hyun Joong snorted.
“Yes, I do. In fact I think our company would be far much better off if we didn’t go with your plan. We wouldn’t be feeling guilty every time we’re making money now, because we took someone else’s money.” So Eun had started crying, and Joon placed his hands on her shoulder, as a way to comfort her.
“Kim Hyun Joong!”
“What? If you want all that money that Kim Bum had given us before, I’d happily give it all back to you!” Hyun Joong took his wallet out, and grabbed all the bills that was inside, and threw it on Hye Sun.
“I’ll give you the rest later.” He said. Hyun Joong walked out of the room, leaving Hye Sun standing there, with her eyes filled with tears. Jae Joong was standing not far from her, but he had no intention of walking over to her, and comforting her. So Eun rushed to Hye Sun’s side, with Joon following close behind.
“I’m sorry…” Hye Sun whispered to So Eun as she fell down to her knees. So Eun leaned down to look at her sister, and then bent her knees, so she could see Hye Sun eye to eye. “I destroyed your wedding.”
“No you didn’t…” So Eun comforted. “I’m actually more worried about you and Hyun Joong.”
“It’s over… Our relationship is over…” Hye Sun whispered as tears streamed down her face.