Birthday.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

It was a few days before Joon would aboard his plane back to Korea. So Eun's birthday happened to be on the day before he leaves. He decided to throw a surprise party for her. "Book a ballroom next Tuesday; I want to throw a party." Joon told his butler.
"Certainly, young master." The butler replied, and left the room.
"I hope she'll like it..." Joon whispered as he settled in his chair, and opened a magazine.

"Hello?" So Eun asked, when she answered her cell-phone. She was in the middle of reading a good book, sitting on her bed, when her phone suddenly rung.
"So Eun, I've got good news." She recognized the voice, and immediately asked:
"What is it? Did mother wake up?"
"Uhmm, she finally gained consciousness. Hyun Joong is looking after her right now." So Eun let out a big breath. She was relieved. She was worried about this since she had come back; waiting for Hye Sun's call everyday, but her phone just never seemed to ring. At one point, she even considered that something was wrong with her phone.
"That's great!" So Eun exclaimed.
"So Eun, I was wondering if you'd like me to come over to Los Angeles." Hye Sun said.
"Why? Is something the matter?" So Eun asked, surprised. It wasn't that she didn't want Hye Sun to come over, it was just that their family wasn't all that rich, and coming to Los Angeles would cost alot.
"It's your birthday next week!" Hye Sun exclaimed. She couldn't believe her own sister couldn't remember her birthday.
"Oh right!" So Eun shouted. She had been so busy studying for the past few days she had forgotten that her birthday was next Tuesday.
"So? Do you want me to come over?"
"I don't know... It's so expensive... and mother needs the money for her treatments. I think it would be better if you stay in Seoul." Hye thought about it for a moment, and agreed. After talking a few more minutes, they ended the phone call.

"So Eun, on Tuesday I have something important to tend to, I won't be able to come with you." Kim Bum said. She was thinking of going on a date with Kim Bum on her birthday, but since he had something important to tend to, she had no choice but to tell him:
"It's okay, there's always next time." She said with a fake smile.
"I'm really sorry," Kim Bum said as he hugged So Eun tightly. "I promise I'll make it up to you next time, alright?" So Eun nodded her head, and watched him as he left the apartment. She took a seat on the sofa, and turn on the T.V. She skimmed through the channels, and stopped when she came across a commercial.

The girl was dressed in a long beautiful wedding dress, though her face was ugly, and unattractive. Though when the photographer took the picture of the girl, she magically became like a goddess that had descended to earth, filled with beauty.
"Dramatic commercials..." She mumbled to herself, though she thought in her mind: 'Would I ever be like her, so beautiful and elegant?' She fixed her eyes on the door Kim Bum had just walked through a few minutes ago, and asked herself: 'Will Kim Bum be the one I'll be spending the rest of my life with, and the one that will be waiting dressed in his finest clothes in the church, waiting for me?' The I slapped myself on the head, 'Of course he'll be the one, who else would you marry?' I pushed away the thought, picked up the remote and changed the channel.

Joon was at the jewelry store, picking put a present for So Eun. He wanted to get her something special, something that no one else would be able to get her. When he came across a diamond necklace, he stopped his footsteps, and told the server to show him the necklace. It was a heart, with a star in the middle, all made of little diamonds. 'So Eun would probably like this...' he thought to himself, and told the server wrap it up nicely. He left the store, holding a pink box, tied closed by a white ribbon. Joon revealed a smile, happy that he had found his present for So Eun, and walked toward his car.

The days flew by, and today was Tuesday. So Eun's birthday. Joon had invited her to the hotel, though he never told her why. She had forgotten it was her birthday, and was confused, but she agreed, and followed him there. "About that day... what you said..." So Eun said when he started the car.
"About what?" Then Joon realized what she was getting to, and immediately said: "Oh… that… You mean my confession?" So Eun nodded.
"I can't accept your feelings, I'm really sorry. I already have a fiance." She said. She didn't usually tell lies, but she had rehearsed this many times, and her voice was steady. Joon believed her.
"Kim Bum, right?" He asked. So Eun nodded.
"I'm really sorry." She said, her face apologizing.
"It's alright." He said. Joon had called Kim Bum right before he picked So Eun up, and told him it was a surprise birthday part for So Eun. Kim Bum had forgotten, but pretended the he knew, and hung up. When they arrived at the ballroom, So Eun was surprised by the amount of people, and shocked that she had forgotten her birthday. Only when she had heard "Happy Birthday!" did she remember it was her birthday today.
"I totally forgot..." She told Joon as they took a seat in the sofas at the far corner of the ballroom.
"It's okay, I remembered." Joon said with a smile. So Eun's heart felt uncomfortable when she saw his smile. She had forgotten her own birthday, but yet... this boy... he remembered. This boy... she had rejected him, with no hesistation at all. She looked down to the floor, and then turned her eyes back to Joon.
"Thank-you." She said.

Since Kim Bum had forgotten So Eun's birthday, he didn't prepare a present. He could only the ballroom, empty-handed. Joon spotted Kim Bum just when he was about to walk in, and excused himself from So Eun.
"Hey." Joon said. He noticed that Kim Bum wasn't holding anything, and couldn't help but ask: "Where's So Eun's present?"
"I forgot it was her birthday..." Kim Bum said hesitantly, ashamed. Joon looked away from Kim Bum, and then turned back to him. He sighed, and then handed Kim Bum the pink box wrapped with white ribbons, and said:
"Give this to her." Joon walked away, leaving Kim Bum standing all alone in the hallway. Kim Bum looked at the box, and cursed himself for forgetting. He took the box, and walked into the ballroom.
"Kim Bum! You came!" So Eun cried as she ran up towards him, and gave him a big hug. Kim Bum smiled a fake smile, still ashamed of forgetting his girlfriend's birthday, and broke the hug. He handed her the box, and said:
"Happy Birthday." People gathered around them in a big circle so that they were in the middle, and looked curiously at the pink box.
"What is it?" So Eun asked. Kim Bum, not knowing what it was, told her to open it. She untied the ribbons, and opened the pink box. Inside was a diamond heart pendant, with a star inside. She hugged Kim Bum as tears filled her eyes. "I thought you had forgotten my birthday..." She whispered.
"Yeah...that's what I thought too..." He hugged her tightly, and then broke the hug after a few seconds. "Here, I'll help you put it on." He offered as he took the necklace, and helped her put it on. People cheered as he helped her put it on. After he was finished, and kissed So Eun on the forehead, and whispered: "I love you."
--
A/N
I know it's been long since I've updated.. A week? Sorry for the late update... though I do get lazy sometimes, and decide to push the writing of the story to later... So don't be afraid to rush me... It'll actually help me post faster too.. XD Well... anyways.. there wasn't alot of responses to Mistaken Faith compared to Mistaken Happiness.. I really enjoy comments, and it would be nice to see some... I've only got a few right now.. which doesn't motivate me alot. Please.. no silent readers, it's almost like I'm only writing it.. and only a few are reading.. so if you have time.. please comment.. the more comments, the faster I'll post. Thanks for reading.. hope to hear from you soon. =D