"You Disappoint Me"

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

So Eun froze. ‘Oh no! Why does he have to tell me here?’ She knew she couldn’t reject him here. It would’ve been very embarrassing for him if she did. She was engaged to him anyway, so she decided to agree to it, and tell him the truth later. This would also be fulfilling her mother’s last wish. Wasn’t this the whole point of moving in with him? To fulfill her mother’s wish? So Eun bit her lip, and then nodded. Joon looked so happy; it looked almost as if a blind person had just seen light. So Eun smiled as he hugged her. Everyone in the crowd cheered, even the ladies that was jealous just a few minutes ago. Joon broke the hug, put the ring on her finger, and smiled. So Eun smiled back. What could she say? Could she bear to tell him later that the one that she still liked was Kim Bum? She really didn’t know.

“Kim Bum.” Jae Joong called. He had come again to visit since there was a holiday from school. He wanted to see his best friend as much as possible. He found Kim Bum at home, drunk. A can of beer was still in his hand, and he was mumbling So Eun’s name over and over again. “Wake up!” Jae Joong shouted as he shook him awake. It didn’t work. Jae Joong went to the kitchen, took a cup, and filled it with water. He took it to Kim Bum, and threw the water at Kim Bum’s face. This woke him up. Kim Bum brought his hands up to his face, and tried wiping the water off.
“What was that for?” Kim Bum shouted.
“Look at yourself. What do you look like? You never drink… Just because something like this happened—“
“Shut up Jae Joong! You don’t know anything.”
“Okay, then tell me.”
“She’s going to marry that man.”
“Why aren’t you going to stop her? Why stay here and get yourself drunk?”
“I can’t… I broke up with her… I can’t do anything anymore…” Kim Bum mumbled. His voice showed that he was broken up inside, and that nobody could heal him, but So Eun alone.
“Why’d you have to break up with her? She never liked that other boy.”
“Why? You’re asking me why?” Kim Bum asked in disbelief. “Because Hye Sun asked me to! And I know So Eun would choose that boy in the end!”
“What makes you think that?” Jae Joong asked.
“Everything. So Eun has always really respected her mother. If it was her mother’s last wish, she would want to fulfill that wish.”
“Then you’re going to prevent her from fulfilling that wish!”
“What right do I have to stop her?” His eyes were filled with hopelessness, as if anything he did would make no difference at all. “All I can do, is support her.”
“Kim Bum!”Jae Joong shouted as he grabbed Kim Bum by the shoulders, and shook him.
“Why don’t you just leave me alone?” Kim Bum shouted. “It has nothing to do with you!”
“Nothing to do with me?” Jae Joong whispered. “Alright then, I’ll leave you alone. Don’t come back to me when you actually need me!” Jae Joong left, and slammed the door behind him.

“Do you like this one, miss?” The woman asked. They were at the Bridal Boutique, deciding on what they should wear on the wedding day. So Eun didn’t answer, and instead was thinking of how to tell Joon how she really felt.
“So Eun?” Joon’s mother asked.
“Oh!” So Eun replied. “Sorry. I was just thinking about something.”
“Thinking about what?” So Eun’s mother asked.
“Oh, nothing in particular.” So Eun hurriedly replied. ‘How would she react if I told her that I didn’t like her son, and refuse to marry him? But yet, I want to fulfill my mother’s last wish?’
“Alright… Maybe you should try on this dress.” She offered, and pointed a wedding dress on one of the displays.
“Uh…” So Eun didn’t know what to say. There would be really no point in buying a wedding dress, if she wasn’t going to get married to Joon. But in the end, she didn’t want to lower Joon’s mother’s mood, and decided to just try it on. “Sure…” She tried to smile, but just couldn’t seem to be able to.
“Don’t you just think she looks wonderful?” Joon’s mother asked. At this time, Joon walked out of the changing room, in a white suit, with white dress pants.
“She does look wonderful.” Joon commented, and smiled. “Of course, she’s going to be my wife.” He said.
“Joon—“So Eun tried to tell him, but he said:
“I’ve got something to do; I’ll see you guys tonight.” He dashed into the changing room, and left.
“Let’s try on some other ones, before we decide on which one we should buy.” Joon’s mother offered, as she ordered the server to bring some more dresses. So Eun sighed. What could she say? When would she able to tell them, that she’s not going to marry Joon? She pushed away the thought, and continued to try on the dresses.

“I heard So Eun’s getting married.” Hyun Joong said, as he took a seat beside Hye Sun. They were at the office, doing overtime. Hye Sun, still busily typing on the computer replied, with her eyes still glued to the screen:
“She is… To Joon.”
“But, what would happen to Kim Bum?” His voice was serious, and worried. He didn’t want So Eun to marry someone she didn’t have feelings for.
“I convinced him to let go. He broke up with her.” She said as she turned to Hyun Joon. Hyun Joong looked at his girlfriend with disbelief. What happened to the girl he had first met, the polite, and talented Hye Sun? What had she turned into now? She took his hands after seeing his face, and rested her head on his shoulder. “It’s alright. It’s for her own good” Hyun Joong couldn’t believe it. This was what his girlfriend was saying about his sister. If she was a good sister, she would’ve never said things like that. He removed her head from his shoulder, and brushed her hand off of his. He got up, and looked at her one last time.
“You disappoint me.” He said, as he walked toward the door, and left.
“What did I do?” Hye Sun asked in disbelief.