Forever.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

"Hyun Joong, it's not what you think…" Hye Sun said. Her eyes were filled with tears. She never expected that Hyun Joong would be here. It was true that she had only chosen Hyun Joong in the beginning, because she believed he was her only choice… but gradually, she had started to develop feelings for this man.
"Not what I think? It’s what I see, what I hear!" Hyun Joong shouted back. "So… I was your only choice." Hyun Joong laughed at his foolishness. "I should've never loved you in the first place." He said, as he turned around and headed towards the door. Just when he was about to open it, Jae Joong and Kim Bum walked in the room. They had followed So Eun, and had waited for the right time to come in.
"Hyun Joong." Jae Joong whispered as he grabbed on to his wrist. Hyun Joong only looked away.
"Kim Bum… What are you doing here?" So Eun asked, as she rushed to his side. He only smiled, and replied:
"We've followed you here. We were scared you'd kill Hye Sun, like literally." So Eun smiled, embarrassed.
"Well, I wouldn't really commit murder, just for something like this…" So Eun laughed.
"Who knows…? We've seen a whole new Kim So Eun today." Jae Joong mumbled.
"Yah! Kim Jae Joong!" She said as she playfully hit him on the arm. Kim Bum took So Eun's hand, and placed his finger over his lips, signalling her to be quiet. Hye Sun was glaring at Hyun Joong, and refused to take her eyes off of him. Tears filled her eyes, but she ignored them, letting them blur her vision of Hyun Joong. So Eun only looked away, she couldn't believe this woman was her sister. Hyun Joong never looked back at Hye Sun, and decided to leave. It was after he left, that Hye Sun spoke.
"Can you guys leave?" She asked. Kim Bum nodded, and helped So Eun out, with Jae Joong following close behind. Once they left, she took a seat at the desk, and started writing.

"What do you think Hye Sun's going to do next?" Kim Bum asked as he handed the glass of orange juice to So Eun, and took a on the couch beside him. They had just finished unpacking So Eun's things back into the proper places, and decided to rest, instead of making dinner. Jae Joong said that he'd be back later; he wanted to talk with Hyun Joong.
"I honestly don't know." So Eun whispered, disappointed. She turned her eyes to the floor, a bit ashamed to talk about her sister. "I feel like I really don't know Hye Sun anymore. I've always thought of her as the ideal girl, the person every boy would go after; the perfect sister. I never would've guessed she would've acted the way she did." Kim Bum put his hand on So Eun's shoulder, and slowly pulled her into a hug.
"Everything's not always what it seems. That's why there are always two sides to a story. It really just depends on what perspective you look at it from." So Eun tried to smile. She knew Kim Bum was only saying this to comfort her. After all the things her sister had done to them, she really couldn't believe Kim Bum was saying this. She would've expected him to be angry, probably be at the point where he could kill anyone if they had said something that he didn't want to here. But instead, he was here, comforting her... Telling her it might've not been Hye Sun's fault. "Like if you look at it from Hye Sun's point of view... She just wanted her sister to have a better life, isn't that correct? Though while doing that, she lost her boyfriend, and you." He said. So Eun thought for a long moment, but didn't say anything. "She did it out of the love she had for you. I'm sure she didn't do it to make you feel bad." Kim Bum assured her. But So Eun only shook her head.
"If it was out of the love for me, why couldn't she see it from my perspective? Think about who I wanted to be with... Think out my future, rather than just thinking what was better for me."
"Joon's a nice guy. He's cool. Hye Sun could've thought that maybe you could have a better life with him."
"Maybe..." So Eun mumbled. She pressed the button on the TV remote, and switched to the news channel. It was only when she heard her sisters name, did she look up to the screen. dropped, and her eyes filled with tears once again.

Hyun Joong and Jae Joong settled down in a park near-by. They took a seat on the park bench, and looked up to the sky. Maybe if he had chosen So Eun, how would life be like now? Hyun Joong asked himself. Jae Joong closed his eyes, and thought about what had just happened. This was so complicated... And it all ended as Hye Sun's plan. Maybe she deserved this. Maybe it was God punishing her for all the bad things she was doing. Nobody would know, but God alone. Jae Joong continued to think, but was soon interrupted by Hyun Joong's phone. He took it out of his pocket, and after checking the caller ID, he answered it. "What?" He asked. "Why would she do that?" He asked in horror. Jae Joong turned to Hyun Joong, impatient, waiting for him to tell him what had happened. "Is she okay?" He asked. His question was answered by silence. He knew she had died. Hyun Joong let his phone slip out of his fingers, as his eyes –Like So Eun– filled with tears.
"What happened?" Jae Joong asked.
"She died. Hye Sun died." He answered.
"Let's go!" Jae Joong said, as he got up, and pulled on Hyun Joong's wrist.
"There's no point... she's gone." He mumbled. Jae Joong ignored Hyun Joong's protests, and pulled him to the car.

They arrived at the apartment a few minutes later. It was filled with police officers, and forensics, running back and forth, busily looking for evidence. So Eun and Kim Bum was standing in the far corner of the room, Kim Bum's arm over So Eun, comforting her, as he wiped her tears with a little handkerchief. Jae Joong and Hyun Joong joined them. They watched for a couple minutes, as the people in the room worked busily, looking for any evidence at all. The glass of the window was broken. A couple of more minutes later, an officer walked over to them. "Are the family members of this girl?" She asked as she held up a picture of Hye Sun. So Eun only nodded. "We found this on the desk. It's addressed to Kim So Eun." She said. So Eun took the envelope, and slowly opened it. She recognized the writing, the neat and beautiful writing of her sister.

So Eun,
By the time you read this, I'll be gone. I know I'm in no place to ask for your forgiveness. All I can say is I've done wrong. I haven't realized this wasn't what you wanted. You didn't want to marry Joon. It was all me and Omma's decision. What is this? It's the 21st century, we shouldn't be telling you what to do. Notice all the wrinkled paper... I'm crying while I'm writing this. All I can say right now is that... this is my entire fault that I've caused us to become like this... our relationship. Tell Hyun Joong I'm sorry, I'm not the perfect girlfriend. I thought all I did, was for him, for the company. I loved him. I'd admit I chose him at first because he was my only choice. But slowly, I began to love him, more than anything else. I apologize for my selfishness, and all the trouble I've caused. Please, continue living your life, as if you've never had a sister like me. Treasure Kim Bum. Don't let anyone, or anything stop you from who you love.
Sincerely, Koo Hye Sun.

So Eun let her tears continue falling. How could I forget I've ever had a sister like you? She thought to herself. So selfish, yet such a talented, sister... Hyun Joon had read the letter along with So Eun, and dropped to his knees. "Hye Sun. I love you too." He said, as a little tear drop fell from his eyes.

A few months had passed by quickly, So Eun and Kim Bum had decided to move back to Korea. Los Angeles just didn't feel like home. They returned to that beach that they had visited long ago, the one where they had started their relationship. They took a seat on the golden sand as they watched the sunset. "A lot has happened lately." Kim Bum said, as he took So Eun's hand.


"Yeah... A lot." She agreed. "Hye Sun, Joon..." she trailed off, but Kim Bum tightened his grip on her hand, and she stopped talking. She looked at him surprised.


"Remember how was started dating?" He asked. She nodded. He laughed, and slowly revealed a smile. "A lot of people have a great start in their relationship, but not all the relationships last forever."


"What do you mean?" She asked.


"I want our relationship to last forever." He said as he placed his lips on hers.