The Ahjumma Army

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

I was torn when I saw the sight of them.

 

I was torn to either run and tell the others or just laugh hard on the ground.

 

Remember when Himchan was left behind because he was cooking a meal for us? Well, guess what?

 

He’s here now, across from me and Daehyun, along with an army of ahjummas.

 

And also guess who were the ahjummas.

 

Uh huh, you guessed it right, it was B.A.P’s parents and Daehyun’s aunt. I couldn’t see their fathers, and I guessed they were back at the dorm, probably watching a basketball game or something.

 

The funniest part of the sight was that Himchan was in the middle of the “Ahjumma Army”, his arms folded in a defensive manner while staring at the horizon.

 

The sight was literally taken out of a drama, like the main character’s parents caught her daughter and her boyfriend make out, or something like that.

 

But, the only different thing in the sight was that there were a lot of ahjummas, and we were all dead.

 

They were holding water guns.

 

Yes, water-filled guns that they were going to spray at us at Christmas day. Not to mention how cold we’re going to be, and how drenched too.

 

Oh dear, this will be good.

 

“KIM MARIE NAMJOO!” My mom hollered from beside Himchan, looking livid. I gulped and stared at her with a mix of confusion and fear.

 

“You had a middle name and you didn’t tell me?!” Daehyun asked me incredulously, turning me to face him as I shrugged absentmindedly.

 

“I didn’t even know I had a middle name,” I responded casually as I turned back to my mom who was huffing.

 

“Y-Yes eomma?” I asked carefully, scared in what’s in store for me.

 

She raised her water gun, and so did Himchan and the other ahjummas. I swallowed and grabbed Daehyun’s hand.

 

“Okay, here’s the plan. We’re going to run away, and then-“
 

“ATTACK!” Daehyun’s aunt yelled as the “Ajhumma Army”, including Himchan, advanced on us, already starting to spray.

 

I started running with all my might, not daring to look back.

 

Hey, let’s be thankful that those ahjummas were not on their ‘time of the month’ because:
 

Ahjumma + Water Gun = UNSTOPPABLE

 

“Daehyun! We have to split up! We should- YAH! YOU INSENSITIVE JERK! COME BACK HERE!” I yelled in frustration as I glared at the back of Daehyun that was already ten feet away from me. He glanced back and gave me a salute along with a strained smile.

 

Argh! If you weren’t so cute, I would’ve killed you along time ago, you turtle!
 

“I’m sorry jagiya!” Daehyun called out before jumping on Yongguk’s back, who looked startled and staggered.

 

“YAH! What the- EOMMA?!” Yongguk exclaimed, his eyes widening in fear as he removed Daehyun off his back.

 

“Yah! Jung Daehyun! You’re a turtle, not a koala!” Yongguk scolded as he ran away, alerting EXO and Teen Top who was munching on some sandwiches Baekhyun made.

 

I grinned as adrenaline coursed through me.

 

This will be one hell of a marathon.

 

“Jongup! Zelo! Follow me if you want to live!” I shouted at them as I ran past them, nearing EXO and Teen Top.

 

“YAH! WHAT ABOUT ME?!” Youngjae demanded as Jongup and Zelo caught up hurriedly, leaving Grandpa Jae behind.

 

“What about you?!” I asked back sarcastically as I heard Youngjae roar from behind me.

 

As I neared EXO, I heard Baekhyun’s soothing voice as he handed out tuna sandwiches as if he were on a daycare center.

 

“I promise, this is very nutritional, it’s the perfect snack-“

 

“YAH! BYUN BAEKHYUN! THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO ADVERTISE YOUR TUNA SANDWICHES! The Ahjumma Army is closing in, and you want to die giving those out?!” I bellowed as I past them, EXO and Teen Top hurriedly getting on their feet and following me.

 

In no time, the ahjummas started spraying water.

 

“I’M HIT! I’M HIT!”

 

“Chen, shut up and keep running! It’s just water!” Chanyeol scolded his hyung as Chen blushed. I laughed aloud as each EXO member got drenched with water.

 

“KRIS! MY GUCCI T-SHIRT JUST GOT DRENCHED!”

 

“GOOD FOR YOU!” Kris shouted back as the mother of Youngjae sprayed Kris’ hair. I was the one that was only a little bit wet, because I was at the front.

 

Good luck, Baekhyun, Xiumin and D.O.

 

I bet they’ll be the ones who will be soaked the most.

 

Oh! And poor Grandpa Suho!

 

Ah, you don’t need to worry about Suho that much because Luhan will be helping that grandpa.

 

The ahjummas stopped spraying water, I knew because Xiumin gave a whoop from the very back.

 

That means the water guns were empty and we were allowed to stop running.

 

But, there was a problem.

 

B.A.P, EXO and Teen Top didn’t seem like they knew how to stop. I quickly jumped out of the invisible track, rolling on the grass as B.A.P, Teen Top and EXO toppled on top of each other.

 

“OUCH! YAH! Lay! Can you not step on my area?!” Kris scolded his dongsaeng as Lay shifted. I laughed hard as L.Joe screamed a really high-pitched scream.

 

“Lay hyung! Just cause you stepped on Kris hyungs’ ‘bamboo stick’ doesn’t mean you can step on mine!” L.Joe hollered out, still speaking in that high-pitched tone of his.

 

“Bamboo stick?! Are you calling my pe-“

 

“OUCH! JONGUP! Is Lay your inspiration now in stepping in places you shouldn’t step?!” Yongguk demanded as something inside moved.

 

“Er, Tao?” Luhan asked the maknae of EXO M shyly.

 

“Yes hyung?” Tao asked, his voice muffled.

 

“Can you not…hold…it?” Luhan  blushed bright red as I continued laughing, my face going red. Himchan stood beside me, sighing contentedly.

 

“I never knew this day would come.” Himchan wiped a fake tear from his cheek, sniffling. I rolled my eyes at him.

 

“Himchan oppa, this day comes every year, idiot,” I muttered the last part as Himchan turned to me, glaring.

 

“YAH! Kim Marie Nam-“

 

“Oh, and by the way, Jongup stepped on Yongguk’s private area,” I interrupted him, biting my lip to stop myself from laughing. Himchan’s eyes widened and immediately turned towards the pile that was already moving, trying to separate themselves from each other.

 

“YAH! THAT PART IS ONLY RESERVED FOR ME, AND ONLY ME!” Himchan bellowed as he jumped on the B.A.P pile, the B.A.P members as they felt another extra weight.

 

“Ah, life’s great when you’re not in pain.” I sighed happily to myself as I watched as the B.A.P boys struggled under Himchan’s weight.

 

~.~

 

“Hey Namjoo,” a familiar voice called me from behind. I turned around to see Chen with a towel in his hand and a towel on his hair. I grinned as he handed me the towel. I took it gratefully, drying my hair.

 

“That’s one marathon we had there,” Chen commented lightly as we watched the sunset. Christmas day was rapidly ending as I pouted at that realization. It was really amazing to spend it all with them.

 

“Yeah, I thought my legs would fall off from the cold,” I joked lamely as Chen surprisingly laugh, sneaking a peek at me.

 

“At least, it wouldn’t be as embarrassing as you whining that you get by water,” Chen replied as I laughed out loud.

 

“You were really worried to get your pretty little shirt messed up?” I asked, bewildered.

 

“Not as much as Tao,” Chen said gravely as I giggled at his serious expression.

 

“What’s going on here?” another voice asked unexpectedly as we both turned around.

 

“Oh, hi Daehyun.” Chen smiled politely and waved. Daehyun gave out a strained smile and inclined his head. Chen noticed the tension between us, because he cleared his throat and tried for a smile.

 

“I’ll get going now. Merry Christmas Namjoo, take care.” Chen ruffled my hair good heartedly before going back to EXO.

 

“You too!” I called out, waving happily. Daehyun cleared his throat as my waving faltered, looking at him.

 

“Yes?” I asked as innocently as I could, blinking. Daehyun didn’t meet my eyes as he walked towards me.

 

“You know…I didn’t really purposefully leave you,” Daehyun mumbled, his hands behind his back as his feet shuffled back and forth while his head hung down.

 

Awww.

 

And no, I’m not just going to let him go just like that.

 

“Honestly, I was a bit scared to get wet that I didn’t think of you.” Daehyun raised his head, and that’s when I saw those brown orbs, those sincere and truthful brown orbs. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist.

 

“It’s okay,” I muttered, still smiling. Daehyun blinked back his shock.

 

“You’re just going to forgive me just like that?” Daehyun asked as he cautiously wrapped his arms around my waist. I chuckled and buried my head on his chest.

 

“Well, I always knew that you were a coward and hated getting wet even if you were a turtle-“

 

“Kim Marie Namjoo!” Daehyun scolded me as I laughed, pulling away and looking at his red face.

 

“Oh, and by the way, I don’t have a ‘Marie’ in my name,” I commented, squishing his cheeks together. Daehyun rolled his eyes but laughed before leaning in to peck my forehead.

 

“Here, I’ve got you an extra shirt just in case you didn’t have one.” Daehyun nervously handed me t-shirt. I was about to wear it without thinking about what was written on it, but stopped when I saw the design.

 

A cute, chibi golden retriever was on the shirt cuddled up with a cute, chibi turtle. There was a pink heart just above them too, the background plain orange. I looked up at Daehyun too see him blushing.

 

“Daehyun, did you really have this made? When? Ho-“

 

“When you were drying up, I went to nearest store and had it made. Do you like it?” Daehyun asked worriedly as I rolled my eyes, poking his cheek.

 

“Of course I like it, turtle. I like you,” I randomly blurted out. My eyes widened as I covered my mouth, my turn to blush. Daehyun cocked his head to one side cutely, brushing my bangs with his fingers lightly.

 

“Aigoo, I like you too, puppy. Scratch that, I love you!” Daehyun shouted loud enough to send a signal to the nearest galaxy. I laughed loudly, along with Daehyun.

 

“That couple is at it again,” Kris commented sourly as Tao handed him a shirt.

 

“Kris hyung, remember to get me a new Gucci shirt for Christmas!” Tao reminded Kris as he groaned, trying to escape the maknae.

 

“Aigoo, the DaeJoo couple.” Baekhyun shook his head, but smiled all the same.


So, did you guys like it? I do hope! :) So, I have two weeks off of school. I have more time to update! :D

Anyways, thank you so much for still reading and supporting :)