2nd Game and Water Fight

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“YES! AND THE PUPPY WINS AGAIN!” I gave a big whoop of victory and jumped up and down, purposefully pissing off Himchan and Yongguk who looked annoyed.

 

Yes, I and B.A.P were having fun in the badminton court, which seldom gets players, so it was free to use. Luckily, there were nearby shuttlecocks and rackets we could use, and the net was already set up.

 

I joined the badminton team before, but stopped because I broke my leg. I stopped playing it after three years until I reached my senior year and started playing again.

 

“Yah Namjoo! Let us win for once!” Himchan protested, stomping his foot angrily and glaring at me with all his might. I smirked and rolled my eyes happily at the frustrated pair.

 

Success is sweet.

 

“Fine. If I win in the next game, you guys can dare me to do anything. But, if I win, you two will do ballet while ‘Warrior’ is playing in the middle of the camp. Deal?” I bargained, grinning slightly. Those sore losers will accept anything that gives them a chance to win.

 

“Deal! Get ready to get your kicked Namjoo! Because- Oh, hello there.” Himchan cleared his throat awkwardly as he nudged Yongguk on the side, staring pointedly at the new comers. I glanced at the direction Himchan was looking at and saw a smiling Daehyun and Lime.

 

I groaned and imagined ‘accidentally’ throwing the racket at Lime’s face.

 

If it was possible to do so.

 

“Badminton? Can I play?” Daehyun asked his hyungs excitedly. Yongguk glanced at me worriedly as I shrugged, already readying myself for the next game.

 

“Catch Dae. And remember, don’t go easy on her, she’ll maul you,” Himchan warned, tossing Daehyun his racket and stepping off the mat along with Yongguk.

 

“Alright, anyone who thinks I’ll win, on my right!” I ordered playfully, smiling. Zelo, Jongup, Himchan and Yongguk were on my side. Youngjae went over to Daehyun’s right along with Lime.

 

I huffed, not even hoping that yellow bunny will ever side with me.

 

“Alright. Toss!” Yongguk said loudly as I threw the shuttlecock in the air, landing on the mat with a loud thud. The tip pointed at Daehyun’s way as he smirked and got the shuttlecock off the ground.

 

“GO DAEHYUN OPPA! YOU CAN WIN THIS!” Lime cheered, standing up and punching her fists in the air while grinning like a maniac at Daehyun. He smiled sheepishly and started the game with hitting the shuttlecock against the racket.

 

I responded back with a smash, the shuttlecock hitting Daehyun roughly on the shoulder.

 

“Oh~” my side cooed while Himchan jumped for joy. I smirked and nodded my head up at Daehyun’s direction.

 

“Can’t miss the chance of showing off eh?” Lime asked me from afar. I scowled at her as she giggled.

 

The game was pretty easy, for me.

 

I didn’t go easy on Daehyun, since that would be against my morals. I smashed, drop shot and dove for the shuttlecock. I always got a point as Daehyun’s score still remained zero.

 

“31 TO 0! NAMJOO WINS!” Yongguk announced happily as my side went over to me, lifting me up. I laughed alongside with them as they chanted my name over and over again. They put me down and I ran over to Daehyun, who was panting from the effort of trying to beat me.

 

“Good game,” I told him softly, holding out my hand for him to shake. His eyes traveled up to mine, searching them. I stared emotionless as Daehyun looked at me, puzzled.

 

“What, no kiss for the loser?” Daehyun asked jokingly, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him.

 

“No,” I stated defiantly, pushing him away lightly and smiling a bit. Daehyun was once again puzzled at my actions.

 

Eh, let him think. He was the one who went to Lime and forgot about me.

 

“Nam-“

 

“So guys, who’s up for swimming?” I asked B.A.P excitedly.

 

“WHOO! I’LL FINALLY GET TO SEE NAMJOONGIE IN A BIKINI! I can finally die happy!” Himchan shouted in glee as he punched the air.

 

“Would you do the honors of dropping dead now?” I asked him naively as Himchan’s face turned somber. I barked out a laugh and ran to the van, along with the other B.A.P members.

 

Daehyun?

 

Daehyun who?

 

~.~

 

“YAH! MOON JONGUP! DON’T YOU DARE-“ Too late as Jongup sprayed me with his water gun. I shook myself and glared at the bright ball of sunshine.

 

That guy still had the nerve to smile.

 

“Adios noona!” Jongup responded brightly before dashing off to spray his hyungs. I laughed a bit and decided not to spray the little kid.

 

Yes, instead of swimming like we originally planned, we decided to just run around the area while spraying water at each other. Of course, with water guns.

 

It was honestly every man on his own. I was about to spray Zelo from behind when someone tapped my shoulder.

 

I turned around to see Daehyun. I started to smile when I noticed Lime behind him.

 

“Can we join?” Daehyun asked cautiously, like he expected I’d get mad at him any minute. I averted my eyes away and nodded, pointing at one of the water guns outside of the cemented ground.

 

I turned my back to him and pursued the others, biting my lip in concentration as I snuck behind Youngjae who was busily studying Yongguk’s back.

 

“YAH!” Youngjae shouted as he felt the icy water on his back. I started laughing as Youngjae turned around, his eyes wide as saucers.

 

“You are so dead Kim Namjoo!” Youngjae threatened as he ran after me. I ran as fast as I could, passing by Daehyun who was having a water fight with Himchan.

 

“Daehyun! Save me!” I blurted out accidentally. Daehyun looked at me as I stopped running, panting as I pointed at the charging Youngjae.

 

“CAREFUL! HE’S ARMED!”

 

“Oh, and I’m not?” Daehyun bit back, rolling his eyes as he aimed at Youngjae.

 

He let out a string of ice cold water at Youngjae who stopped and spluttered, surprised at the sudden attack.

 

“RUN JAGIYA! RUN!” Daehyun shouted frantically at me. I grinned gratefully at him as I continued running, glancing behind my back every now and then.

 

I stopped right outside the cemented ground, my breathe going short.

 

I smiled as Youngjae pursued Daehyun, Daehyun laughing as Youngjae tried to catch him. Daehyun locked eyes with mine and winked. I smiled back at him.

 

Daehyun ran one round around the cemented ground before persuading Yongguk to go after Youngjae. Daehyun jogged over to me, wet and happy.

 

His white t-shirt stuck to his stomach, his red shorts drenched from the water.

 

“Thanks for saving me back there, turtle. Your wife almost killed me.” I faked a concerned look as Daehyun shook his head at me. He stopped right in front of me as we stared at each other.

 

“Look, I’m sorry for acting distant awhile ago. It’s just that you chose to spend your time with Lime instead of me and- Why are you laughing?” I asked Daehyun curiously as he bit his lip to keep himself from smiling.

 

There was something wrong.

 

And even before I could even ask what was wrong,

 

“AH!” I yelped as I felt a mixture of soil and rocks drop on my head. The dirt clung on my wet t-shirt and shorts. I turned around to see a smirking Lime holding a pale.

 

“I finally cleaned your arrogant personality. Next time, if you don’t want to get owned, stop acting like you’re all that, because you’re not.” Lime cocked her head up in victory as I gaped open mouthed at her.

 

I turned around to see Daehyun laughing, giving Lime a hi-five.

 

“That was excellent Lime. Finally, jagiya stepped down her high horse,” Daehyun commented as I felt something prick my eyes.

 

Tears.

 

“Are you happy now Daehyun? I hope you are. Great knowing that my embarrassment is a form of your entertainment,” I told him harshly, staring at him through slits.

 

I won’t give up yet. If he retorts back hinting that he sides with Lime-

 

“Of course! This was all a plan, Namjoo. Gosh, all you need to do is comprehend. Is that too hard for your brain?” Daehyun blinked at me mockingly as I grew red.

 

That’s it.

 

I turned towards Lime to see her smiling victoriously.

 

She has the right to smile like that, because she won.

 

She won over Daehyun.

 

“Lime, I suggest you pursue Daehyun. He was such a great friend to me. I think he needs to get a girlfriend. Good luck, Lime. It isn’t too hard to get his attention, so you’re good. I hope you guys last long. Fighting.” I smiled painfully as Lime’s smile faltered.

 

It was replaced by a smirk.

 

“Yeah, he does look like a great friend to you. But, he’ll look better as my boyfriend. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll surely use it.” Lime winked as I smiled one more time at her. I sighed and walked away slowly, each step hurting.

 

“Namjoo,” I heard Daehyun say, his voice soft. I stopped walking, already waiting for something. Something that would tell me that he’s on my side. Something he’ll say that tells me that he’ll always be with me.

 

I’m waiting for Daehyun to say he still loves me.

 

Nothing. He didn’t say anything.

 

I sighed and continued to walk, breaking out into a run, forgetting everything, forgetting Daehyun.

 

They can be together if they want.

 

~.~

 

“Stupid Daehyun and Lime. Always trying to provoke me to kill them,” I muttered to myself as I stirred the ice cream with my little spoon.

 

Yes, when in doubt, seek ice cream.

 

“So, boy problems?” A voice interrupted my sad thoughts.

 

Good thing to, because I was already at the part where I would ‘accidentally’ drown Lime.

 

Okay, what is with me and accidents?

 

I looked up to see a guy with an amount of eyeliner on his eyes and a charming smile.

 

“Yah Byun Baekhyun, are you trying to frighten me to death or what?” I asked jokingly, chuckling at my own joke. Baekhyun smiled a bit as he flipped his hair.

 

I snorted as I ate my strawberry ice cream.

 

“We just finished our game. We won against EXO-M. I couldn’t bare to see Tao crying so I went here,”

 

“Good for you.” I clapped him on the shoulder good naturedly as Baekhyun lightly scowled at me.

 

“So, Ms. Cranky, what has got your underwear in a twist?” Baekhyun asked conversationally, folding his arms across his chest and leaning back on his chair.

 

“Why don’t you ask the new happy couple. Turtle and Lime Juice,” I mumbled back to Baekhyun, reluctantly shoving the dessert in my mouth.

 

“So, to explain this,” Baekhyun gestured his hands to me as I glared at him steadily, “You’re just jealous?” Baekhyun asked puzzlingly, cocking his head to one side. I sighed and nodded grudgingly.

 

I hated it when I was jealous. It made me think of – inappropriate – thoughts.

 

“Well, it’s not your fault then, it’s his. Don’t worry Namu, he’ll come back.” Baekhyun smiled sadly as I shrugged helplessly.

 

“AND TEEN TOP WINS! B.A.P AND EXO-K! TO THE COURT!” Another voice, that sounded like Taemin’s, announced loudly, making me jerk from my chair.

 

“So, who are you going to cheer for?” Baekhyun asked, smiling as he stood up. I stood up too and brushed my newly changed shorts.

 

“For you guys of course. But, I’ll hope for B.A.P’s success,” I concluded, finally grinning as Baekhyun pouted.

 

“Better than you boo-ing us I guess,” Baekhyun decided as he threw away my cup of ice cream. We jogged back to the basketball court as I went to the front row seats immediately. I sat down beside a cooler and anticipated for the game.

 

B.A.P finally stepped on the mat, waving at the idols who cheered for them. My eyes traveled back to Daehyun who looked worried. I smirked, feeling a bit of betrayal.

 

Why would he look worried? His girlfriend will cheer him on, despite what he does.

 

EXO-K stepped on the mat, but there was a slight change of players. Both EXO-K and EXO-M combined, making one EXO. Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Luhan, Kai and Tao were the players. I smiled as I realized EXO is one.

 

“And the game begins!” L.Joe announced as the referee tossed the ball up, Kris catching it immediately.

 

I bit my nails in worry and anger.

 

B.A.P was losing! EXO was leading with twenty three points to zero!

 

“TIME!” Yongguk said frantically, Tao pausing midway from shooting the ball.

 

Yongguk glanced at Daehyun and pointed at the center of the court.

 

Uh oh, this was not going to be good.

 

Daehyun nodded and looked at me. I gulped and stood up, trying to escape quietly.

 

PLEASE DON’T MAKE THAT TURTLE NOTICE, PLEASE-

 

“JUNG NAMJOO!” Daehyun’s booming voice stopped me from walking away. I turned around to see him on the center of the court, breathing heavily.

 

“I-“ 


Cliffhanger time! I hoped you guys liked this chapter :3

Thank you so much for still supporting and reading my story!

I LOVE YOU :)