New Comers and Airports

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“WAKE UP EVERYONE! WAKE UP! OUR FLIGHT LEAVES IN 2 HOURS!” Himchan’s nagging voice immediately infiltrated my hearing as my eyes shot open, wide and scared.

 

“What the hell is happening?!” I heard Minhwa shout from outside as I mentally agreed with her. I pushed myself up from the bed, running a hand through my hair. I looked to my right and screamed.

 

“YAH! What the hell are you doing here?!” I demanded from Eunjoo who woke up, blinking her eyes sleepily she too sat up and stretched. She hasn’t said anything as she climbed out of the bed and scratched her back. She continued scratching her back as she opened the door of my room and stepped out, closing it.

 

I blinked at the door, horrified. I thought it was Daehyun with me.

 

This was turning into a weird morning. I groaned as I glanced at the clock to see the time. Two o’clock on a friggin’ Saturday. On a Saturday, a day where we should all sleep in. Remind me to knock Manager Kang off his seat for booking us a really early flight

 

Just then my door opened, scaring me a bit. It was just Daehyun, who looked like he didn’t sleep at all. He red eyes as his hair looked like a bird’s nest.

 

“I packed your things in my suitcase so you won’t have to bring your large suitcase. Just bring your carry-on bag, okay jagi?” Daehyun told me sleepily as I giggled a bit.

 

“Sure Dae. And I ask, what the heck did you do last night?”

 

“Youngjae, iPad, Angry Birds all night,” he explained before shuddering and shuffling off. I laughed at him one more time, feeling sorry. If Youngjae really got into a game, and he forced you to play it with him, you can’t say no.

 

I learned that the hard way when Youngjae chased me around the neighborhood with a fork and spatula. I fixed my bed, something Himchan drilled me to do. I got my already-ready backpack and placed it on my bed. I got my prepared clothes, towel, shampoo, soap and other necessities as I stepped out of my room, seeing the chaos around me.

 

Himchan was yelling on the top of his lungs, Yongguk was stumbling around, trying to count how many bags were going to be checked in, Zelo and Jongup were rushing around, trying to gather a few more things they needed, Youngjae was dancing excitedly to the music on his iPad as Minhwa stood in front of her room, looking cranky as hell.

 

Also a tip, never wake Minhwa up in the early hours of the morning. She’s twice as threatening. And by the looks of her red eyes, messy hair and statue-like posture, she was holding back her anger. Eunjoo crashed on the couch as Daehyun was nowhere to be seen. I picked my way through the mess and chaos, reaching the bathroom. I got in and did my thing.

 

~.~

 

“All bags are inside? Nothing forgotten? All nine of here? Let’s- HOLY MOTHER OF FISHSTICKS!” Yongguk roared as he honked the horn. I was dozing off, ready to lean on Daehyun’s shoulder, when Yongguk honked the damn horn.

 

“What is it now?!” Minhwa demanded as Yongguk didn’t reply. There was a knock on the van’s door, Youngjae opening to see who it was.

 

Oh sure, don’t be afraid it might be a killer, just open the door happily. I was about to doze off, when a familiar voice spoke up.

 

“Wait for us! Didn’t Manager Kang tell you? We’re coming to!” Sarang’s voice filled the air as my eyes widened, glancing at her and Jaehyun who was outside.

 

“Well…hand me your bags then and get in,” Jongup said urgently and sleepily as the couple handed their bags to Jongup who tossed it to the back, where Himchan was.

 

“Ow! That hurt Jongup!” Himchan scolded as Sarang and Jaehyun squeezed in between me and Daehyun. The seating arrangement from left to right now was Jaehyun, me, Sarang and then Daehyun.


”Uh Sarang? Can we exchange pla-“

 

“Oh Daehyun, this is going to be fun! Just like old times!” Sarang shouted, making me cover my ears.

 

“Ah, shut up before I make you!” Minhwa’s crankiness saved me from shutting Sarang up the hard way. Sarang laughed and leaned forward, patting Minhwa’s head who was in front of her.

 

“Such a grumpy one! Let’s go guys! To Boracay! WHOO!” Sarang yelled as I just glared at her.

 

She’s a human being who doesn’t know how to deflect a poisonous sword, Namjoo. Don’t. Do. Anything. Stupid.

 

“Jaehyun, how do you live with this?” I asked Jaehyun who was moony-eyed over Sarang who was chatting aimlessly with maybe the air, because no one was responding to her overflowing questions.

 

“By loving her with all my heart and soul.” Jaehyun sighed happily as he made a heart to Sarang. I looked at him weirdly before glancing at Daehyun who looked as uncomfortable as me.

 

Help me he mouthed as I just leaned back.

 

How?

 

~.~

 

“Okay guys, pass up your passports,” Yongguk ordered as I gave Yongguk both mine and Daehyun’s passports. We arrived at the airport safely, no fans chasing us because they don’t know about the trip. What they know is that B.A.P took a four day break.


”And one time, when I and Jaehyun visited Everland, we ate the most amazing cotton candy-“

 

“Female dog, if you ever utter another word, I will release this plastic knife on you,” I warned Sarang as I produced a blue plastic knife that I used to play with when  I was bored. I pointed it at her as she raised her hands high.

 

Didn’t look like a toy now, right Sarang?

 

“Okay, easy, let’s not resort to your knife meeting Sarang’s neck,” Jaehyun said softly as he turned Sarang away from me gratefully. I uttered a thank you to him as he winked. I sighed and leaned on Daehyun, who was behind me, his arms wrapped around me.

 

“If she talks again, I swear, a vein will pop,” I muttered as Daehyun chuckled, pecking my cheek.

 

“Don’t worry, I think your plastic knife solved that problem,” Daehyun comforted as I chuckled a bit.

 

“Hey, it’s been awhile since you’ve seen Sarang. Your feelings…” I trailed off, growing quiet. He seemed to get what I was saying.

 

“Yeah, it’s been awhile. You’re worried about me liking her and leaving you?”

 

“Well-“

 

“I might entertain her more though, because it’s been such a long time. But she has Jaehyun already, okay? And the last time she showed interest in me is 5 years ago, remember? She has moved on Namjoo, and you should too,” Daehyun lectured as I pouted. I hated when he was right.

 

“Fine, but best friends has those rituals-“

 

“Daehyun, Jongup and Zelo! Remember when we went to America and we had a party all by ourselves? Remember? In that abandoned dance studio? We partied and danced all night and crashed there! I remember dancing with three of you though,” Sarang commented thoughtfully as my eyes widened.

 

“WHAT?!” I, Minhwa, Jaehwa and Jaehyun demanded simultaneously, shoving our respective partners off from us.

 

“Although-“

 

“ONE MORE WORD SARANG!” I brought out my plastic knife again and aimed it at her as she immediately shut up. This is going to be a long flight.

 

~.~

 

“May I have a salad with lots of mayonnaise, put the tomatoes on the side, and bread crumbs sprinkled only at ¾ of the salad,” Sarang ordered as the waiter took everything down. We stared at her in amazement. It was just a salad.

 

“Okayyy, drinks?” The waiter asked as we all stated our drinks.

 

“Cola!”

 

“Pepsi please!”

 

“Water for me,”

 

“May I have iced water with cubed ice and a tropical fruit on it? With also-“

 

“AH! MAKE IT STOP!” Jaehwa covered her ears as Jongup patted her head soothingly. Sarang just blinked, clueless, as she finished her order, the waiter going over to the kitchen to prepare their food.

 

“Dude, we’re just in McDonald’s, not some high end restaurant,” I commented as Daehyun squeezed my hand from under the table in warning.

 

“Well unlike all of you, I don’t like to get fat. I’m a model, and I need to maintain my body,” she answered loftily as I just stared her.

 

Really? Are you serious? Okay.

 

The food arrived before Minhwa mauled Sarang, and we all ate together harmoniously. We cracked jokes and told stories. Once or twice, Sarang would interject and try to change the subject to her adventures when another would stop her.

 

That was our strategy though, to keep shut as often as we can. 

 

Once we were done, we got up and went to the waiting area to wait for our flight to Boracay.

 

“Daehyun! Let’s take a selca!” I requested as Daehyun laughed, nodding. I fixed my phone so that the both of us we’re seen. I was about to click the button to capture our picture, when:

 

“WAIT FOR ME!” Just then, I felt someone squeeze in between me and Daehyun. I snapped the photo and stumbled away from Sarang and Daehyun. My anger flared.

 

“LET ME AT HER!” I yelled as Jongup held me back, along with Zelo and Jaehwa.

 

“She’s not worth it, Namu!”

 

“Control yourself, Namjoo!”

 

“GO GET HER NAMJOO!” I momentarily stopped struggling as I heard Minhwa’s suggestion. She looked like she was watching a boxing game feverishly. I stopped trying to kill Sarang, huffing I stood up. I looked at the picture and almost wanted to drop my phone on the floor to step on it.

 

My face was blurred and almost out of the picture as Daehyun and Sarang’s smile was crystal clear.

 

“Uh, one more event like that, she’ll be wishing she hasn’t showed up,” I growled as I jammed my phone in my pocket, walking away and leaving Daehyun, Sarang and Jaehyun to deal with the mess.