L.Joe Meets With Daehyun

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“Er, is hyung okay? Has he gone loco?” Jongup asked curiously, scratching his head and tilting it to one side while examining his spaced out hyung. Jung Daehyun didn’t respond as he stared at the wall that was in front of him, his eyes blinking after two or three seconds.

 

“No. Hyung’s just going through a rough time right now. He’s – what you call – heartbroken,” Himchan explained sadly, sobbing after covering his eyes and looking away. Jongup glanced at Himchan weirdly before looking worriedly at Daehyun again.

 

“Hyung? Are you still there?” Zelo’s voice croaked as he waved a weak hand in front of Daehyun’s face. He just kept on blinking to keep his eyes from drying.

 

Zelo hung his head low as Jongup patted his back sadly.

 

For the first time, B.A.P was not smiling. They were wearing sad expressions, and as for Yongguk, stony expressions. Yongguk looked around the dorm helplessly, searching for something that could snap Daehyun out of this trance. Yongguk growled in frustration as he found nothing that could help his dongsaeng.

 

“Namjoo, why did you have to do this to our Daehyunnie? Especially at a time like this?” Yongguk whispered his voice ragged and husky. Tomorrow was an important day for Daehyun.

 

Tomorrow, November 28, was the death anniversary of Daehyun’s parents.

 

~

 

“KYAA! So cute!” Niel exclaimed, bouncing up and down, his hands thrown carelessly in the air. I shook my head in merriment and bit my lip to stop laughing. Instead, I smiled at Ricky and Niel’s attempt to make me laugh again while dancing to SNSD’s Gee.

 

Ah, how I love seeing cute, silly boys dancing to SNSD’s Gee.

 

My smiled faltered as a memory surfaced in my mind.

 

Daehyun dancing and singing to Gee while I tried to explain to Yongguk why Daehyun started acting weird.

 

“Namjoo? You alright?” I heard a voice ask me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I blinked and my eyes focused on the cute but serious face before me. My lips broke out into a smile again as Chunji sighed in relief.

 

“I thought you were sad just a moment ago! Geez Namjoongie, you almost gave me a heart attack.” Chunji wiped the non-existent sweat on his forehead and clutched his chest as he breathed in a fast manner. I raised an amused eyebrow and smiled wider.

 

“You’re really weird Chunji. I was just thinking off..”

 

“Daehyun,” L.Joe supplied for me, making me glance at him wearily. He was sitting on the floor, playing with his shoelaces, not looking at me nor at Chunji.

 

“Yes. I was thinking of him. I’m just worried about him now. He doesn’t like me to leave and,” I bit my lip to stop my hurtful words from tumbling out of my loud mouth, “Frankly, I regret leaving too,” I continued quietly, mostly talking to myself when Teen Top heard the whole thing.

 

Niel and Ricky stopped dancing, Changjo looked up from his book, C.A.P stopped munching on his chips, and Chunji stared at me in shock as L.Joe’s face expressed pain and sadness.

 

I sighed, knowing what I must do.

 

I hate being me sometimes.

 

“I’m sorry guys, but I have to get back to B.A.P, where I belong. I’ll make them apologize, don’t worry Niel.” I grinned reassuringly but half heartedly at Niel who tried to protest, but then shut his mouth. C.A.P glanced anxiously at Chunji, who looked at him straight in the eye.

 

“Okayy, is this some mental and weird communication that we don’t understand or?” Changjo left the question hanging as Ricky slapped his hand over Changjo’s mouth. Chunji broke his serious gaze away from C.A.P, looking at me once again with a sad smile.

 

“We’re going to be sad to let you go this time, but we understand. You need to go back to B.A.P. They’ll be in ruins without you. Come on, I have a plan. Thank God Ricky’s Halloween costume is still in the van.” Chunji scrambled up on his feet, hastily putting on his shoes.

 

“Well? You heard the man! Up!” C.A.P clapped his hands loudly twice as the Teen Top members tried to stand up hurriedly. Ricky actually pushed Niel down by the shoulder, to push his self up. I chuckled as Niel grabbed a hold of Ricky’s arm and tackled him on the ground, before standing up and running to the shoe rack as if he was going to get married with his pair of Nikes.

 

“You know that I’ll be the least happy about this plan,” L.Joe informed me firmly, his gaze burning into mine as we stood up simultaneously. I avoided his gaze but managed to reply.

 

“I miss Daehyun, Byunghun. You know who I belong to,” I responded back as firmly as he did. I heard L.Joe sigh.

 

“If only you have met me first,” L.Joe muttered before going over to Niel and helping him with his shoes. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, trying to fix it.

 

I trust Chunji, but if that boy screws up, he’s going down with me.

 

~

 

“Hyung! Just eat one more! Just one more bite of pizza and Himchan eomma will tuck you into bed~” Himchan cooed as he prodded the spoon into Daehyun’s mouth. Daehyun sighed and shook his head sadly for the umpteenth time this night.

 

Himchan snarled before standing up, pushing his chair behind him ferociously.

 

“YAH! I and your father are trying to make a living! You know your father only sells newspapers yet you won’t-“

 

“Himchan, I appreciate you trying to make me laugh, but I know Yongguk hyung is not gay,” Daehyun cut off Himchan, smiling slightly. Himchan softened and smiled back at his dongsaeng. Himchan sat back down and removed the apron off his self.

 

“Thank God you started talking. I would’ve resorted to force if it wasn’t for Youngjae who would’ve beaten me up first-“

 

“BECAUSE I WOULD WITHOUT A MOMENT’S HESITATION!” Youngjae shouted from somewhere in the living room.

 

“Aish! You punk! Where are your manners?!” Himchan demanded, smirking at his witty comeback. Daehyun rolled his eyes as he took a sip of the hot chocolate that Himchan made.

 

It was already late, around ten o’clock in the evening, but Himchan insisted on Daehyun to at least drink something, so here they were, Himchan nagging at Youngjae again and Daehyun listening to it.

 

“Where?! Oh you know, in Yongguk hyungs’ pants-“

 

“OKAY! Are you done with the hot chocolate Daehyunnie?!” Himchan’s eyes widened at Daehyun noticeably as Daehyun chuckle and nodded, pushing the empty mug at Himchan who took it gratefully and rushed to the sink.

 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

 

Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed in curiosity. Who would ring the doorbell at ten o’clock in the evening?!

 

“I’m getting it!” Youngjae said loudly, Daehyun hearing Youngjae’s loud footsteps.

 

“Daehyun! I think you should come in here!” Youngjae yelled uneasiness present in his voice. Daehyun sighed for the hundredth time this day before dragging his feet to the front door. He took one glance at Youngjae before turning to the visitor.

 

Daehyun’s eyes narrowed until it became slits.

 

“L.Joe,”

 

“Daehyun,”

 

“We meet again.”