The Workshop pt2

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9: The Workshop pt2

“Maybe that’s because you need a partner,” you turn around and see Luhan leaning against the door. Your heart skips a beat as he comes closer and closer to you.

“You keep messing up on the duet because you don’t have anyone to do a duet with. Want help?” he goes up to you and asks with a smirk on his face, making your heart skip twice.

“S-sure…” you mumble turning away from him keeping him from noticing your blush. Why in the world am I like this?! It’s Luhan!! Remember that Kwon Sun Mi! It’s Luhan! The jerk! Don’t! You scold yourself.

“Do you already know the duet?” he asks.

“Yea, Sehun and I learned it together, but I’m not used to doing it without a partner,” you say, rewinding the CD.

“Okay. I’ll dance along with you in the beginning and then go in during the duet part too, okay?” Luhan asks. You nod. You guys get in position to dance. The song starts. You dance in front of Luhan. The first verse and chorus was great. You had no problems with it. You were dancing like Sehun and BoA were there and no one else. Then the duet came.

Luhan enters and you two are forced to touch hands. His closeness makes you a bit uncomfortable, but you decide not to show it and just keep going with the routine. You can smell his cologne, which intoxicates you and makes you fight your urge to get even closer to him. This can’t be happening…Why is all I can ask…I can’t…This can’t…          ”UMPH!” you were so caught up in your own little world that you forgot all about Luhan and the dance. You stumble and fall. You open your eyes and you see Luhan. You then realize you had fallen on top of him and you stumble to get up.

“I- Mianhe. I-“ As you were about to finish, Luhan pulls you back into an embrace. Your heart is now beating at a fast pace that you can’t control. You only hope that Luhan doesn’t notice.

“W-wae?” you ask, heart still fast.

“Sun Mi-ah…I wanna tell you something…Will you listen?” he asks. You nod.

“Mianhe…I know you wanted to dorm with Super Junior but you got stuck with us…With me…” he says almost too sadly.

“G-gwenchana…I don’t mind…anymore…” you stutter.

“Even if you’re stuck with me?” he asks.

“Mm…” you’re now absolutely blushing and beeting red. Luhan slowly releases you and stands up. He helps you up as well and you go over to the CD and turn it off.

---Outside the room, someone who isn’t the fondest of you is watching your every move. Abby stares at you and Luhan’s little moment and finally decides: “I will never let you get near him…”---

After your little moment with Luhan, you go to your room. It is almost 3 in the morning now and you can’t seem to fall asleep. Everything is still so very clear in your head. You lay there in your bed, shaken and unable to forget the moment.

“What is going on? Ohmigaahd…This is impossible…Could I really be…? NO! Never! Shake that out of your head Sun Mi! You like Siwon-oppa…Super Junior only! SuJu only!” you scold yourself once again.

---o0o---

It was nearly 5 in the morning when your mind decided to let you get some sleep. You wake up at 6:30 am to go practice your song. You stagger to go to the booth where Tiffany is waiting for you to give you hints and training on Baby Don’t Cry. You feel your head sway and your body wants to cave in and collapse, but you don’t allow yourself to. You are very stubborn and you don’t like to stray from your original plans.

“Oh! You’re here!” Tiffany smiles and runs to you.

You bow sluggishly, but then remember to hide your tiredness, “Annyeonghasaeyeo!” You smile and look at her. You notice that Baekhyun is still in the booth finishing up his song training with Se7en (he’s singing Somebody Else).

“Are you okay? You have really dark circles around your eyes…” Tiffany examines your eyes. You rub them and smile.

“Ani! I’m okay!” you smile. Baekhyun finally finishes and sees you. He gives you a big smile and quickly gets out of the booth to be next to you.

“Annyeong!” he smiles. You smile right back.

“Did you just finish?” you ask.

“Mhmm! Are you going in? Can I watch?” he asks, excited.

“Geurae!” you smile. Tiffany calls you in and you go, slowly since your head is still spinning. You haven’t eaten in 3 days due to your practices. Baekhyun notices how you’re not as excited as him and also the tiredness written all over your face which only he can seem to decipher.

---o0o---

You start to sing.

deoneun mangseoliji ma jebal
nae simjangeul geodoo-eoga
geurae nalkaro-ulsurog chohwa
dalbitjochado nooneul gameun bam

na anin dareun namja-yeotdamyeon
huegeuk an-eue han gujeol-ieotdeo-ramyeon
neoye geu saramgua baggun sangcheo modu taewuobeoryeo

Baby don’t cry, tonight
eodumi geodhigo namyeon
Baby don’t cry, tonight
eobseotdeon il-i dwell geoya

moolgeo-poom-i dueneun geoseun niga aniya,
ggeutnae molla ya hae deon

So baby don’t cry, cr--

You were about to finish, but suddenly, everything went blank.

Baekhyun POV

I watch you as you sing. It doesn’t have any feel to it and it sounds so empty. You look so sick and lifeless.

“moolgeo-poom-i dueneun geoseun niga aniya,
ggeutnae molla ya hae deon

So baby don’t cry, cr—“ Right then, just as you were about to finish the song, you collapse. I run to you.

“Sun Mi-yah! Sun Mi! Yah! Kwon Sun Mi! Wake up! Someone call an ambulance!! Now! Sun Mi!” I panic because you weren’t responding. You were burning up when I touched your forehead. The medics come and take you away on a gurney. I walk next to your gurney, when Luhan pulls me over.

“What’s going on?” Luhan asks and Kai comes up behind him.

“Sun Mi collapsed while she was practicing,” I say really fast then head over to you again. Luhan and Kai follow me as I follow you. The three of us fit ourselves into the ambulance.

---o0o--- Your POV

When you wake up, you are in the hospital with murmurs all around you. You look around your room and it’s filled with Rilakkumas’, Hello Kitties, and EXO.

“SUN MI!” they all shout as you wake up.

“What’s going on?” you ask.

“You collapsed this morning while you were singing,” Baekhyun says.

“Yea, apparently you haven’t eaten in 3 days! Are you crazy?!” Tao exclaims.

“Yea! If you want, I could have cooked for you!” Lay screams.

“YEA!” They ALL scream.

“Ha…Haha…HAHAHAHAHA!!!” You start to get the giggles and laugh.

“Yah! What’s so funny?! Do you know how scared we were?! Yah!!!” Kris shakes your shoulders. You keep laughing.

“Because, you guys are so cute! Everyone is worrying about me! Even the sickly Sehun got on his cute little wheelchair to visit! Aigoo!!! So cute!” you pinch Sehun’s cheeks (he was right next to you). He smiles and gives you aegyo. You return the aegyo, which makes all the EXO members’ noses bleed, making you, Tao, and Sehun laugh at their dorkiness.

---Everyone clears out by lunch time, but Luhan comes back with your lunch---

“Hey,” he smiles.

“Hey,” you smile.

“How are you feeling?” he asks as he pulls a seat next to you.

“Better. Still sickly, but better,” you sit up.

“I got kimchi stew,” he holds up a bag. Luhan lays out your food for you on the table. You eat your stew and Kai and Baekhyun walk in.

“How are you feeling?” Kai asks.

“Okay,” you respond. Kai takes a seat next to you on your bed. It’s already nighttime and you are getting sleepy from doing nothing the whole day.

“Attention all hospital inhabitants, we will be on an emergency lock down. Please remain calm and stay within your room. The rooms and the whole hospital will be on lock down due to an on loose criminal currently in our area,” The announcer calls out through the PD.

“Oh!” Luhan, Kai, and Baekhyun look at you and see you already asleep. The doors automatically lock so your four are stuck in there for a while.

“Well, I guess we have no choice,” Luhan says.

“Yup,” Kai agrees.

“This is good though. I needed to talk to the two of you alone,” Baekhyun says.

“What about?” Luhan and Kai, now curious, ask.

“About Sun Mi. What exactly do you feel about her?”

“Ooo! This is fun! Okay! I’ll go first! I like her,” Kai turns from happy to serious in less than a second. Baekhyun glares at him and Luhan just looks at him, not really surprised.

“My turn?” Luhan asks. All eyes turn to him.

“Don’t even say it. We all know you’re the least qualified for Sun Mi. I would rather her with Kai than you,” Baekhyun glares.

“What? I no longer have any right to hold by own feelings and opinions?” Luhan fights back.

“Ch! You know you don’t. Hyung, I don’t mean to be mean or any disrespect, but I don’t think you would be best for Sun Mi either. Abby is an unstable time bomb that could erupt at any given moment, given the moments she sees when you and Sun Mi tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter