fifteen; kidnapped

Guild Wars ( ♔ ) — It's More Than Just a War
The beginning of Guild wars was just getting interesting. Moonlace - the weakest guild in Guild Wars - had won against Gorewings - the strongest guild. No one expected it but now they wait for the next battle. Who will fight and who will win? What will happen between the guilds after the first day of Guild Wars? Will Mist find Kei and Mei? Those are the questions that will be answered in this "episode" of Guild Wars.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The guilds were anxious. This wasn't what they expected from Moonlace. They wanted to know who was going to fight next. But luckily, Gongmin spoke and they all perked up. 
"Kwon Kwojin and Kwon Danyong. You have been paired up for the next fight." 
"What!?" Haeun complained. "The guilds haven't even done anything to decide! What? They just selected random people to fight? This is unfair." 
"Actually," Jongmin looked at Haeun. "Those two are siblings. I don't think they picked randomly. Maybe they're figuring out some kind of relationship for a pair of mages so they can make them fight. It's a lot easier for them to decide. Plus, the fights get more interesting." 
"You know what," Haeun rolled her eyes. "Sometimes I really wonder what's in your mind. I don't know what will come out of your mouth." 
"You should know that I'm very random." A smile appeared on Jongmin's face. The two looked at the arena; the pair of siblings were already in the middle, staring at each other intensely. Just after seeing Dani and Sunny's fight, they wanted to know how this one would turn out too. But they knew there wasn't going to be any deaths, what kind of siblings would kill each other?
But no one was sure. They didn't know the personal relationship between these two siblings. It was a mystery. 
Jongmin thought to himself. Somehow, something was peculiar. 
The siblings waited for the gun shot. The audience could already see their hands preparing to bring out their weapons. 
A black cloud engulfed Danyong as the gun shot was heard and Kwojin disappeared. Just then, the darkness left and Danyong wasn't there. While everyone was looking at where he was supposed to be, the actual fight was happening in the air. The lacrima showed it and everyone looked. 
Kwojin was hovering over a cloud of darkness and Danyong was just floating. Kwojin's blade broke Danyong's spear thrower and she struck him on the head. It didn't affect him much but it still damaged him. He just shook his head and continued fighting with his fists. 
Everyone was expecting Danyong to just come up with a clever plan and trick Kwojin than using physical attacks. 
Yet again, another dark cloud surrounded Danyong and it crashed into the arena floor, leaving a hole. Kwojin went shooting down like a bullet and pointed her blade at the damaged face of her brother. 
In the audience, Haeun and Jongmin were starting to doubt that there would be no deaths.
A scream was heard as Kwojin crashed into the ground and blood was seen. As the smoke cleared, the blade was struck through not Danyong, but his hand. Kwojin didn't seem surprised. She knew her brother wouldn't die that easily. He would sacrifice anything of his body to keep his heart. 
Danyong grunted as he pulled his hand and the blade came out along with a squirt of blood. He grabbed the blade with his injured hand and pulled it from Kwojin's grip. Kwojin's hand went to his neck, choking him with only one hand. Danyong still kept his mind on the blade and threw it into a far enough distance. He clutched Kwojin's free hand as she squeezed the breath out of him. Soon enough, her hand was bleeding from his clutching and squeezing. 
Danyong screamed and even he was surprised that he was still able to get something out of his mouth. Luckily, that shocked Kwojin and she loosed her grip. He was still clutching her hand so he dashed it on the ground and lifted himself up. Danyong almost forgot about his other hand. He used it to loosen Kwojin's grip on his neck enough to take it off and dash it to the ground too. 
Their position was now rather awkward for the audience to look at. Danyong was practically on Kwojin. But once again, he lifted himself up along with Kwojin and threw her into the air. A cloud caught Kwojin and it flew high into the sky. Danyong jumped, chasing the cloud. Once he was close enough, he grabbed the cloud and threw it at one of the arena walls. Kwojin also was thrown and her head crashed against it. 
It took some time for people to develop what just happened. They didn't know Danyong's magic since he hasn't used any. But the mages knew exactly what his magic was. Danyong is able to clasp others' magic. Just as he held Kwojin's darkness cloud, which no one else could do because there hand would just simply pass through it.
On the lacrima, it showed Danyong's expression. It was stern, yet questioning. He was wondering to himself why Kwojin wasn't as powerful as she was in the past when they fought. He wasn't even trying his hardest. Danyong watched Kwojin. A smirk was plastered on her face and her fingers made the 'OK' sign. Danyong smirked too. He knew exactly what Kwojin was doing, and she wanted him to go along with it.
It was a rare thing for Kwojin to do ever since they were children. And this time was the most unexpected time for her to do it since it's during Guild Wars. But Danyong understood. Even he was seeing the same things she was. While they were traveling on the boat, he was looking down at the see and saw his mother's face. Now that he was looking at Kwojin, he saw the resemblance of their mother in her. This fight wasn't going to be serious, no. It wasn't going to be serious when the only thing on their mind was their beloved mother. 
The gunshot was heard and Gongmin announced that Danyong won since he was the one standing, and not lying beside the arena wall. The 30 minutes went by fast and most people were confused on what happened. Danyong went back down to the floor and waved to crowd while Kwojin was taken to heal. 
"What the hell Kwojin!? What was that!?" Rhian shouted from the guild seats. Bora looked at her and scoffed. 
"Says the one who was late."
"Shut up."
"Both of you shut up."
The two looked where the voice came from and they almost ran when they found out who it was. Minrin stood there, glaring at the now two scared girls. 
"W-we're sorry.."
Minrin just turned around coldly and walked away. No one had any idea why she was acting like that. But they all thought she was just in a bad mood because of their lose. 
While Shadow Claw was grim, Silverfox was cheerful. They were getting so much attention from the crowd, it gave them joy. The mages patted Danyong on the back and gave him cheers. 
"Hey Danyong!" Maeum came to him. "That was awesome! But was that?.. I mean, you stopped attacking her and just smiled. I smell something fishy coming up." She proudly smirked. 
"It's nothing.." Danyong looked down and smirked to himself.
"I see that smirk, what's with you? Did something happen between you and Kwojin?" Maeum poked his side, causing him to twitch up. Apparently, he was ticklish. 
"Nothing happen! I said nothing!" Danyong ended up shouting, but dimmed down when he saw Maeum's somewhat scared face.
"It's really nothing.." 
"Fine," she started, "I'll leave you alone big guy." She patted him on the back once again and smiled cheerfully. Even though she said she'll leave him alone, she was still suspecting both of them. 
Maeum walked around the seating area with her arms behind her head. Her eyes wandered off to the crowd and yet she was still amazed at how many people were there just to watch them fight. 
All of the specific people she's observed have all just been cheering for Danyong's victory. But she reached a certain guy, who was staring right back at her. Their eyes met and Maeum's filled with tears. They widened with nostalgia and pain as she jerked forward and her hand went up to , gasping. 
"Zack." 
Maeum said it rather loud enough for everyone to hear. They looked back at her and she ran off. No one tried to stop her because this happened a lot. But Serene and Minam don't yet know what that was about.
"What's with her?" Serene wondered to herself, but a slight whisper was heard.
"Zack. She's seeing him again." She looked up to see who spoke and her eyes met with Hara's.
"The reason why Maeum is always trying to get information all the time isn't because of the damn theme of this guild. It's because of Zack. She's been trying to find puzzle pieces, only to connect them and prove to herself that he's alive. He died just about a year before you and Minam came. She knows for a fact that he's dead, but she just won't admit it. It's quite a love story between those two." Hara paused for a moment and then continued.
"They've been 'together' ever since they were children. Yoona was the reason Zack died. They were partners for doing jobs. Maeum had no problem with that but while they were out for a job, Yoona exploded with strength and killed everything around her, including Zack. Man, you should've seen how angry and depressed Maeun was. She disappeared for about 2 months and came back right when you and Minam came. That's practically when her quest of information began."
Serene listened to the interesting story. She never would have thought that Maeum had a reason of why she was like that other than the purpose of the guild. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Hmm.. that was an interesting fight, it was boring, but it was interesting." Jongmin shared his opinion about the fight.
"Boring? There was blood. You don't even have the guts to make wind with that air of yours and pierce a person's throat." Haeun scoffed at his cockiness. This guy was really random alright.
"Huh, fine, let's make a bet. Which ever one has the most blood in their battle wins. The loser has to grant the winner's wish." Jongmin smirk, already thinking about what he would wish for. It wasn't anything special. Yeah, seeing Stormlight isn't special.
"Sure. There'll be so much blood that I might just have to kill someone." Haeun had determination in her voice. But it somehow scared Jongmin in how serious she sounded. 
"You're joking.. Right?"
"Yeah, sure whatever. I don't wanna be recruited by Gorewings." Haeun smiled and what she said, looking at Jongmin who smiled too. Eventually, the two started to laugh together. Who would imagine Gorewings recruiting from their enemy? But it isn't impossible. They would want to win, winning is everything to most darkish guilds. 
"Anyway," Jongmin broke the silence as he spoke. "Who do you think is going to fight next? Stormlight and Mystic Knights are the only ones left. We're sure to compete with each other."
"Honestly, I would want you to fight with one of those creepy weirdos." Haeun snickered slightly as she said the word 'weirdos.' She had to admit, it wasn't an insult, but it was a fact. 
"Really? Maybe I should rip one of their masks off. It'll probably throw them off their guard." The idea played in his mind and little by little, he was starting to feel like a Silverfox member. 
"Good idea. If I'm picked, I should do that." Haeun's brushed her blonde hair off of her face as she smiled. "But I don't have any relationship with any of the members. I doubt that I'll get picked."
"I don't either."
"Well," She looked at him. "Maybe they'll just do it randomly. Let's just test our luck." 
They both looked down at the Gongmin who was now holding the mic to his mouth. Waiting for him to speak, the other guilds also looked, curious of who were to fight next. 
"Lee Eunmi..."
Haeun and Jongmin were now listening carefully. This Eunmi wasn't going to beat their guild no matter what. 
"..and Kim Jongmin"
"ALRIGHT!" Jongmin shot a fist in the air as if getting picked was a victory for him. He put his fist down and headed down to the arena. He looked around and saw Eunmi. She was still wearing her mask, to Jongmin, she actually looked like a storng opponent. One last glance at Haeun gave him confidence. That smile of hers was everything to him. 
When both mages reached the arena, Gongmin held up the gun and looked at them before shooting.
"Don't kill each other."
He looked away and they heard the gun. Unfortunately, Jongmin was too busy looking at Gongmin, so by the time he looked back at Eunmi, she was gone. A white magic circle surrounded him and a fence of crosses were formed around him. 
Another magic circle appeared in both hands of Jongmin and he tried to jump out of the fence. He hit the air like a wall and landed on his on the ground. He aimed at the air that he had just hit and wind went blowing at it. Right when the wind hit it, runes appeared. 
Prison Curros Fencue. Jongmin knew what technique Eunmi was using. But when he bumped into it, he didn't feel much magic power in it. Eunmi was going easy on him. 
Air burst from around him and the runes broke, just as he expected. Jongmin figured that Eunmi would be moving around in the air, because he couldn't see her at all. Or she was merely using a an invisibility spell. 
Jongmin swung his hands at on area and wind blew through the whole arena. At last, Eunmi was seen her eyes were showing a shocked emotion. As she looked into Jongmin's eyes, she ended up closing her in pain. A scream escaped and the audience was confused. 
"Look into my eyes and you'll be forced to close them." Jongmin said as he dashed towards her, only to be engulf by light. As the light disappeared, Jongmin was shown and once again, Eunmi was no where to be seen. A string of light wrapped around Jongmin but he just broke through it with wind. Many more came at him and they were too strong for him to break. 
Bullets of light came shooting at him. He tried to move away from it but the strings were holding him in place. Eventually, the bullets hit Jongmin and he yelled out in pain. There was no blood seen, but Jongmin's body was still internally damaged. 
Jongmin's veins popped out as he remembered his bet with Haeun about blood. The light of the string were now fading away as he broke through them. He heard a gasped from above and he jumped. Jongmin gestured as if he was grabbing something from behind him but it was just air. The wind blew at Eunmi and she was flung into the sky. Jongmin flickered away and then Eunmi was hit into the ground. The arena floor around Eunmi's body was cracked and she was dirty. Blood streamed down from her head. 
Eunmi was a little bit tempted to take her mask off as the blood was filling up in it. She coughed and a load of blood dripped down from the mask. Soon enough, the black mask was now blackish red. Suddenly, Jongmin flickered in front of her and the blood filled mask was ripped off her face. Her eyes once again filled with shock and she covered her face with one hand, the other she struck Jongmin with, sending him to the other side of the arena.
Light bullets came at Jongmin and he dodged them, but they followed him, leading him to flicker away from them as they chased him. Eunmi saw Jongmin flicker in front of her again. It was sudden when he grabbed her and flung her at her own bullets. But that didn't work, the bullets just simply dodged their creator and went back to Jongmin. He had stopped because he thought Eunmi was hit by them but he was wrong. One of the bullets went right to his face and he was forced to cover it in pain. Now both of them were covering their faces.
In the audience, Haeun stared at them with annoyance. What is this? Some kind of Slender Man imitation? She got up from her seat and leaned over the railing. "HEY JONGMIN! STOP COVERING YO FACE LIKE SOME SISSY WHO DON'T HAVE MAKE-UP ON!!!!!! WIN THIS FOR THE GUILD!" 
Eunmi's temper snapped as she heard Haeun yell. She didn't want to shout at her from the arena floor and neither did she want to expose her identity. She kept one of her hands on her face while she took the other off and struck at Jongmin with a fist. She saw him move his finger so he could see and he easily dodged it. 
Eunmi had no other choice than to draw out her sword. It lit and blinded everyone with the light it produced. Jongmin closed his eyes and focused on the spot where she was. A magic circle appeared around her and the oxygen got out of . She fell to the floor and let go of her sword. Her hands reluctantly uncovered her face and she held on to .
Everyone in the audience gasped when they saw Eunmi's face. The ones who were seriously at risk were the Mystic Knights members; even Trevon was starting to worry. They were all looking at the fight intensely. Even with the masks on, it was obvious that there faces were filled with anger and doubt. 
The anger grew when Eunmi started coughing out blood. She tried to gasp for air but even more blood came out. Jongmin was still covering his face in pain, but then his hands left his face and it was all scratched up, but no blood was seen. He looked at Eunmi's pained and bloody face. She actually looked pretty to him, but too bad he already had another girl in mind. Jongmin was just about to hit her with air but then a cross hit him in the chest. He was folded inwards and when his body released, he was shot to the other side of the arena. The ground scraped his arm as he slid on it, making his arm bleed. 
The spell on Eunmi broke off and she gasped so loudly that everyone heard it. She looked at the cross that was summoned from the ground. It went back down and Eunmi grabbed her sword. Even though she was hurt, she still had enough energy to run to Jongmin. Eunmi didn't even care about her identity being revealed anymore, she just wanted to win, to gain back her pride. She pointed her sword at Jongmin and her eyes lightened. 
Jongmin looked at Eunmi while she ran with her glowing eyes. He was hiding his smile. It was about time he used some defense. His arm went up right when Eunmi had struck him. The pressure hurt Jongmin but it did him no major damage. There was no blood for he blocked her attack with his arm. Eunmi was surprised, her eyes were wide and was open. His arm wasn't bleeding at all.
"You.. blocked my sword...." Jongmin heard her speak for the first time.
"Yep, I blocked it." And with that, he pushed her back and pinned her to the ground with the same arm he used to block her attack. "My arm is no normal arm." His arm slid up to her jaw and Eunmi was forced to looked up as much as she could. She felt really heavy on her chest and she realized that Jongmin was pushing her down. The heavy feeling soon turned to pain. She grunted and tried to take his arm off of her, but he was too strong. 
The pain on her chest grew and the oxygen was once again getting out of Eunmi's mouth. She screamed, remembering the feeling of it. It was horrible, having the air out of your body get out by air itself. The air moves so fast that it turns to wind and your lungs get damaged, but that's only the feeling. Eunmi wanted that feeling to go away. Her lungs were burning and tears formed in her eyes as she screamed in pain. She just wanted it to be over. All she was waiting for was the gunshot. All her thoughts about gaining her pride back were all gone. 
Eunmi's tears of pain turned into tears of happiness when she heard the gunshot. Jongmin released her and her oxygen. She heard Stormlight cheering, mostly Haeun. She looked and saw the usual dark aura of Mystic Knights. Although her oxygen was returned to her, Eunmi couldn't move and was brought in by the staff to heal.
Jongmin had already went back to the guild and celebrated within himself. He saw Haeun running to him and she hugged him. "Thanks for winning!" Jongmin's face turned red but luckily Haeun stopped hugging him and didn't see his face. 
"There wasn't that much blood though. I'll beat you." Haeun smiled and laughed while she patted his back. 
"WHAT!? Didn't you see her face? It was so bloody! There's no way you could beat me without killing someone." Jongmin doubted her.
"Well, I was pretty sure you wanted to kill her off." Haeun rolled her eyes at him.
"I wasn't gonna kill her... I was just... scaring her. Yeah, that's it. Scaring." He smiled and she smiled back. "This was a good first day, I wonder how it'll be tomorrow."
After he said that, the two turn the lacrima and were pleased at the first day's results.
 
Gorewings - 0
Shadow Claw - 0 
Mystic Knights - 0 
Silverfox - 2 
Stormlight - 2
Moon Lace - 2
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
While the first day of Guild Wars ended, Maeum was running out of the arena. The guy that looked like Zack was running away from her. Tears were falling from her eyes. She wanted to know about him so much, she wanted to believe that Zack really is alive. Just as she was about to touch him, he flickered and her hand passed right through him and he disappeared into mid air. 
Maeum stopped in her tracks. Her eyes stayed still with tears still streaming down her face. Then suddenly, she feel to her knees and covered her face as she cried her heart out. Memories of Zack filled her mind and they couldn't escape, neither could Maeum kick them out. She stood up with tears still coming down her cheeks.
She started to walk away, not knowing where she was going. All she wanted was to be alone. Maeum didn't want anyone seeing her cry her eyes out. It would hurt her pride even more than she has herself.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Jino explored the city after Guild Wars ended. He wasn't happy that Eunmi lost, but he thought to himself that they still have more days to go and win back what they deserved. What Jino is really looking for is Daehyun's victory. 
Jino looked around with his bare face. No mask was covering it because Jino was Jino, he's still a kid and they gave him freedom. The streets of Deacio were filled with people and food markets. There weren't any guards from the castle so Jino could do whatever he wanted without being arrested. 
He went up to a fruit stand and grabbed an apple. He felt the coldness of it. Suddenly, being cold reminded him of Hyunju. He shivered at the memory of her rejecting his candy. Just as he was about to put the apple down back, he heard some people talk. 
"Mystic Knights are some creepy people. They must be really ugly for them not to show their faces." He heard them laugh and the apple got squeezed in his hand.
"Ugly? what do you mean? That one Eunmi girl was pretty hot. But too bad she was too weak and lost to Jongmin. I don't even know how they got to top three. From what I heard, Stormlight is just some guild filled with people who need to take anger management." Jino heard a different voice talk. When he called Eunmi weak, his temper rose and his hand was covered in apple guts. He tried to calm himself down but he heard them speak once again.
"I bet one of the Mystic Knights members will die this decade." 
The apple was released from Jino's hand and it landed on one of the guys' face. There were three of them and they were teenagers who looked like ghetto wannabes. They all looked at Jino with doubt visible in their faces. 
"Did you throw this kid?!" The one with the apple wiped the apple guts off of his face. Jino covered his neck with one hand. Now his guild sign was hidden and he could do whatever he wanted with these guys. 
"Yeah, I did. Only because you talked smack about my favorite guild." Jino yelled at them, causing citizens to turn their attention to them. The other two guys scoffed and approached Jino. 
"Don't worry kid, we'll go easy on you." One struck at Jino but his hand was stopped in mid air. Jino jumped and kicked him right in the face while he slowed down the other one. His fist collide with both of their faces and their noses were soon bleeding. Jino let his guard down because he forgot about the one with the apple. He then found himself getting choked and lifted.
"Looky here kid, I could say whatever I want about Mystic Knights." His grip on Jino's neck got tighter. Jino's hand was still covering his sign so it was getting squished too. The oxygen from his mouthed was slowing running out. Jino was suddenly understanding why Eunmi lost to Jongmin. 
"Mystic Knights is filled with a bunch of weird ninja wannabes who are too ugly to show their faces. Now this is none of your business and I don't care if they're your favorite guild. Gorewings is my favorite guild because they always have blood in their fights. Now, do you want blood in this one too?" 
Jino was flung at the floor and he fell on his . His hand left his neck and the sign of Mystic Knights was shown. The image was visible to the guy's eyes - the outline of a knight's head on top of a faded cloud. His eyes grew and he stepped back in fear and surprise. 
"You're... you're a member..." Jino listened as he tried to speak. He tried to speak too but he just ended up gasping for air and coughing out a little bit of blood. He looked up the terrified wimp and his eyes widened when he saw him float up. It looked like as if someone was grabbing his collar and lifting him up. Jino's view was blocked when a dark figure appeared in front of him. Relief came to him when he saw the same guild sign printed on the person's shirt. 
"Yeah, he's a member of Mystic Knights. Now don't you dare lay one more finger on him or else I do the same thing you did to him, expect even more painful and bloody." A manly and angry voice was heard from the person.  Jino only came to realize who it was. He gulped at the thought and was honored to be saved by him at the same time. 
The man standing in front of him was Shin. 
Jino didn't know what do to, the only thing on his mind was run. So he did. It was a bit difficult for him because he still needed to breathe more, but he didn't want to face Shin for he was afraid of him. He ran and ran and ran until he got so tired that he fell to his knees. He gasped for air once again and looked around. He didn't know where he was. The sky was dark and silence covered his area. But the silence was broken when he heard a scream close by. 
Jino got curious and searched around. There was a dark alley that was peculiar and he looked there. It all happened so quickly. Right when he peeked in the alley, a hand grabbed Jino and pulled him in, covering his mouth. He struggled but the person's grip on him just got tighter and tighter. Soon enough he noticed that he was not alone and Jino found himself getting dragged away along with two other girls. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Once again, I'm back with an update. sorry if it's really not as long as you expected it to be. I could have wrote more but I was too eager to update. OTL I ended this one with a cliffy. HEHEHEHEHE
So Haeun and Jongmin's relationship was really getting to be understandable in this chapter. And yeah.. Jongmin likes her. XDD /shot I know the fight with the siblings was a bit confusing but the explanation will be revealed later in the story. you just gotta think about what Kwojin's been seeing first and try to figure it out. ;) 
Maeum's background was introduced and it was inspired by Natsu and Lisanna's relationship and past. I changed things up a bit though but that concept credit all goes to Fairy Tail. 
Jino made trouble with some stupidos~ /shot again And yes, Shin saved his . Well not practically because the guy was scared of him anyway but okay. I'm not saying anything about the ending. ;) ;) :3 :3 And btw, I put that little mini summary just in case some of you forgot what happened in the previous chapter. Does it sound like an anime narrator like I wanted it to? 8'D