The Mysterious Girl

Our Promise

Donghae POV

~Flashback~

I was visiting my dad at the hospital because he got ill but I started getting bored so I asked my mom, "Umma can I go exploring?" 

"Just don't go too far Donghae"

"Neh~!" then I left the room. I was passing the room next door and I noticed the door was open. I walked inside and saw a girl sitting on the bed looking out the window, she looked kind of lonely.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" I yelled with a big smile, she turned to me and said, "Annyeonghaseyo" with a kind and bright smile, she was really cute. I walked up to her bed and got up and sat next to her. "I'm Lee Donghae, what's your name?" I asked her she laughed quietly and said, "I'm Jessica Jung but I prefer to be called Sica." 

"That's a cute nickname! now were friends! by the way I'm 10"

"I'm 8" She blushed a little then took my hand and locked her pinky with my pinky.

"Let's make a promise" 

"Uh okay?"

"I promise to always be friends with you through good times and bad times" she said then I repeated after. I was shocked that she wanted to make a big promise after we just became friends then I thought, "She probably has her reasons". We were talking for awhile until my mom called me to go home, I gave her a hug goodbye then left but before I left completely I turned and saw her waving bye and smiling, I smiled back then left.

~End of flashback~

"I always visited her everyday, any chance I got I went. Until one day..."

 

 ~Flashback~

I visited the hospital today but not for my dad because he got discharged few days ago. I came to visit my best friend, I also brought my favorite chocolate so she could try it. When I went into her room, she wasn't sitting on her bed waiting for me.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up,I saw a nurse smiling and she asked,"Are you lost little boy?" I shook my head and said, "Where's my friend? Jessica?". Her smile faded and I noticed some of the nurses that were near us also looked gloomy then she said, "She went to a better place.." At that moment I knew she meant Jessica died then she handed me a folded piece of paper, I got up on Jessica's bed and unfolded it but started crying.

"Even if I'm not with you everyday. When times are hard. I promise you. I'll always be in your heart. I'll always be your friend." I started crying and looked up and whispered, "Is this why you wanted to make a promise?..." I left the room and the same nurse gave me a tissue, I took it then asked her, "Is it okay if every year I come by on this day just to drop off flowers in the room.." she nodded then I walked away and left to go home.

~End of flashback

 

My 2 friends and I were at a cafe just talking and drinking coffee then I signed thinking about that memory. "Dude, why so gloomy, were going to the club later for Yoona's birthday, you should cheer up more"  Eunhyuk said then Siwon punched his arm and said, "hyung shut up, don't you remember what today is for him" Eunhyuk looked confused for awhile then his eyes widen, "Miahne Donghae..." I patted his back and said, "It's okay" we all started laughing. 

"I have to go, guys" I said to them and they knew why so they just waved goodbye. I walked to the closest flower shop and bought flowers with different colors then drove to the hospital. I greeted the nurses as usual and walked to the room, Jessica's room. When I walked in my eyes widen and I almost dropped the flowers. I saw a girl , who looked around the same age as me, sitting on the bed looking out the window then she noticed me. she turned to me and greeted with a bright smile, it was similar to Jessica's smile.