Chapter 9 - Anticipation

Why am I falling for you?

 

I walked all the way back home, I didn’t even bother taking the bus. Why is it always when I do something wrong or something that might annoy or even offend him that he resorts to kissing? Wait does that even make sense? He always ends up kissing me when things don’t go the way he had planned, I’m not complaining it's just that its gives me mixed messages and feelings. He always seems to mislead me, like for example one minute he acts distant calling me teacher and the next minute he becomes too ual and jokes around. At times I want to rip his eyes out whereas there are times when I miss his company and I want to be close to him. Ahh molla!

“Okay, so you will have to remember these verbs and these words for the exam coming up.” I kept my stare fixed on the book, because I don’t think I could have looked at him.

“Do you think I can pass?” He mumbled with his head resting on the table.

“If you follow what I taught you, then I guess you should be fine.” I replied in a monotone.

“But what I meant to say is that do YOU believe I can do it?” He said emphasising in the ‘you’ whilst lifting his head from the table.

“Pssh, for a person that has been getting less than averge 3 times in a row and then suddenly passing, a miracle must occur... but I'm not exactly saying you cant do it.”

He gave me the sad eyes treatment.

“Woaaah. Okay, fine if you pass, then, umm, I’ll treat you, or something like that. OH I know, I can give you a piggyback ride?”

“Haahahaa, are you sure you can carry me?”

“YES! What are you implying?”

“OKAY, DEAL.” He seemed like a little kid receiving a lollipop after going to the doctors.

“Wait, what if you don’t pass? What do I get?”

His expression became hard suddenly and the laughter faded from his face.

“I’ll do what you want me to do, and I guess it will be our way of saying goodbye since my dad will kick me off to America.”

Awkward silence filled the room. He was being serious, I had completely forgotten about the whole ‘going back to America’ business. He had rested his head on his hands and looked half dead. I cleared my throat implying that we should carry on with the lesson. The thought of not being able to see him made my heart sink.

Mir, if only you knew how I feel.

After a good hour and a half of me teaching him, it was time for me to leave.

The days passed and it was already exam week. After Fridays’ lesson I haven’t heard a word from Mir, I hope he does well otherwise he will not see the next sunrise!

“JESS, JESS!” dara was running in my direction.

“Jess you know they’re giving the results tomorrow, as in Friday.” She said crouching down breathing heavily.

“Yeah I know, what you trying to say?” I asked her confused.

“My point is that, that, aaahh wait let me catch my breath. I need to sit, lets sit.”

I laughed at her and carried her bag for her, we sat down on the bench and she took a deep breath.

“Well, Mir will be getting his results, and if he passes then you know the drill.”she huffed

“Oh yeah, that, well, we’ll just have to wait and see then, right?” I was getting nervous for him, I wanted him to do well!

“By the way Jess when will I get introduced to his friend G.O?” curiosity was saturated in her voice.

I shrugged my shoulders, pulled her to her feet and walked together to our next lecture. Its not that I don’t want him to do well but I'm also nervous about our ‘deal’.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Dara, how about we go to the amusement park on Friday as a celebration?” I asked her whilst walking out of the lecture with our arms linked together.

“Mian, I cant.” She said

“Why not? You busy?” I was a little upset, I wanted to go with you DARA!

“Well, since you wouldn’t introduce me to G.O I went up to him and sat beside him halfway through the lecture, while you were asleep, and I began talking to him and yeah you know one thing led to another and he asked me to go out  on Friday.” She had the biggest smile on her face. I was really happy for her.

“Well you know I did it on purpose so that you could ask him yourself, but whatev.” I lied, I at lying to her.

“Really Jess.” She was not fooled, we broke out laughing at my stupidity

“At least you’ll be with Mir, right?” she pointed out.

“Yeah...” yes I will be with mir. Alone.

 

*****

Heyyooo guyss !! 
sorry for this reallllllyyy short chapter, I've been really stressed out about my exam results because I'm on holiday and I still dont know if I passed or failed :'(((
but chapter 10 is the last chapter. I will try very hard to make it long and enjoyable. I'm sorry if the story has started to become more and more boring :s 
BUT STILL, thank you for the subscriptions and the views!! They mean soo much to me :)
take care guys!! saranghaeeeeeeyooo <3 <3 <3