Chapter 2 - NO WAY

Why am I falling for you?

 

I could see that they were a rich family from the gate that I entered; the house from the outside seems pretty big. I walked on the pathway leading me to the unlocked door which I opened; I stepped into the hallway, took off my shoes and allowed myself to travel to the living room. No one was there, the house was extremely quiet making me feel uncomfortable and on edge, I turned around and to my surprise the mother was walking towards me with a mud face mask on. I have to be honest, I think my eyes widened from the shock when I saw her in front of me.

“Ah you’re here, his room is on the first left after you go up the stairs.” She left straight after finishing her sentence; she left me all alone while about me making her talk.

Seriously, Ajhumma can sometimes be so self-centred. I made my way to the stairs, I walked half way up when I saw a figure blocking my path, I looked up to be greeted with the cutest teenage girl I’ve seen.

“Hello teacher, you’re here for my brother right?” she asked with an eye smile.

“Ah yeah, you can call me Unni .” I couldn’t help but smile back; her smile warmed me up and made my anger ‘woosh’ away.

“Good luck tutoring him Unni.” Should I be scared from her advice?

She carried on going down the stairs and vanished. I took the last few steps up the stairs and knocked on the door once and let myself in. In front of me was a boy, around my age topless ping his trousers, I had enough time to look at his face before I turned around from embarrassment. He fumbled around trying to hide his half body away from my view and ended up falling behind his bed as he tried to put his trousers back on. I couldn’t believe who I was going to be tutoring for the next few months. I wanted to run away since I was facing the door but I heard him clear his throat.

NO.WAY. I didn’t want to believe it.

“YAH! You should wait for an answer before you barge into someone’s bedroom like this!” he yelled, it felt like he was right next to my ears, I never knew his voice could be so loud.

I didn’t want to apologise, because my first impressions as a ‘teacher’ had to be strong, I couldn’t be known as ‘a push over teacher’ from the beginning. I turned around, this time facing him and walked to his coffee table; which seemed to be a bit too big for one.

“Mian, anyways we have to start with the lesson, so please don’t waste too much time.” I held my head high, sat on the floor and took out the necessary books to start.

“Pshh, I’ll take all the time I need, this is my house after all.” He mumbled to himself, yet I could hear him loud and clear. I turned my attention to him and he merrong-ed me.

In front of where I sat, was a small white couch where he sat, he was still wearing his school trousers with his shirt not fully buttoned. That ed shirt made my face flame up, why was I like this? Did I forget to mention that since our university is the top in our area, we have to wear formal clothing to look more ‘presentable’. Anyways, he was slumped on the couched and was on his phone texting.

“Yah! Are you not listening to me?” I raised my voice and slammed the nearest book on the table.

He didn’t move, only his eyes adjusted so that he was darting his stare in my direction.

“I’m your oppa, you shouldn’t be using banmal with me. Secondly I never wanted a tutor, I don’t need one.” He replied in a monotone, he was speaking from the back of his throat making him sound manlier.

“So what if you’re older, you shouldn’t be using banmal with me either, you should respect me as your teacher.” I snapped back at him, I couldn’t have him boss me around; I was the teacher after all.

“Shiro.” Was his reply, he lifted his eyebrows and his voice went slightly higher pitched.

“If it is money you want I have it. You know what we should do?” he carried on at the same time as he leaned forward leaning his elbows on his knees, “You can come here, I give you the money and you can go back home or do whatever you want to.”

He threw money in my direction, I sniggered, stood up, feeling the anger pulse through me and walked up to him.

“I don’t want the money if I’m just going to leave, now please sit down so that we can at least do something.” My voice betrayed me, it was soft and pleading, why did you betray me, stupid vocal chords!

He walked over to where I was standing and grabbed my face with one hand,

“Oh, look, look, are you trying to do some aegyo on me?” he whispered in my ear

I slapped his hand away and glared at him.

After a bit of arguing he sat down opposite me and spread his arms on the table.  I opened the book and asked him to read a sentence because he claimed that he didn’t need a tutor to teach him English. He began reading but with a heavy Korean accent, he stopped half way and threw the book on the table.

“This is boring. I’m not doing this.” He sounded very pissed off.

He got up and started to walk to his wardrobe, I quickly got up and pulled him by the collar of his shirt and made him sit back down. After a few seconds he gave up and started to co-operate with me. I was able to tutor him, even though most of the time I was speaking to myself as he was on his phone.

______________________________________________________________________________

This technique of tutoring carried on, and as the days passed I was able to see a new side of Mir. Like for example he was protective over his friends, he cared about his family and he was actually and surprisingly very kind for a very popular guy. I think I am getting closer to him, and I am starting to have a few feelings for him. I think this started because I sort of barged into his room without knocking and he was either getting dressed up or getting undressed. On the first day we crossed that friendship line.