Chapter 9

Friends with Benefits

"Really? Again? L.Joe, are you the king of screwing up?" Gayoon said as she was called out by L.Joe again.

"I did not screw up!" L.Joe prottested.

"Well, let's see, last time we went on a trip you almost destroyed one of the CCTV cameras with a football. You slipped and fell in the pool and almost broke your leg"

"Ok no need to point out my faults" L.Joe stopped Gayoon from listing anymore.

"And...you kissed my friend thinking it was all just a "thing" for her" Gayoon said and L.Joe turned red.

"Just to realise that she has feelings for you" Gayoon finished.

"Noona!" L.Joe whined.

"You know, when you started to kiss Sohyun, she came to me for advice and now you come to me for advice. It makes me wonder, why you two are coming to me?" Gayoon said thoughtfully.

"...because you are the one who is still in a relationship with Hyunseung hyung" L.Joe guessed and Gayoon rolled her eyes.

"Why does everyone say that? Is there something wrong with Hyunseung?" Gayoon huffed.

"You do know that he has an extermly...er...unique mind" L.Joe said and Gayoon glared at him.

"Anyway, my problem" L.Joe said.

"What is it this time?" Gayoon said a little meanly as she was still upset about L.Joe criticising Hyunseung.

"Well, I kissed her again and well...it felt different this time" L.Joe explained.

"Sweety, I thought I went through this with you. You are in love" Gayoon said to him sweetly.

"Noona, how can you tell?" L.Joe asked "You weren't there"

"Did your heart beat speed up?"

"Yeah"

"Did your temperature rise?"

"A little"

"Did you find yourself thinking about Sohyun all night after the kiss?"

"Kind of"

"Well, then there is your answer" Gayoon concluded. "You are in love"

"Am I?" L.Joe asked.

"You are...why don't you go tell Sohyun that insteed of sitting here wasting your time here" Gayoon said.

-o-

Sohyun was getting ready to meet up with L.Joe. L.Joe had suddenly called her out. She put on her jeans and a hoddie on and made her way to the place he wanted to meet her. She wondered why he wanted to meet her at the rooftop of some apartment buildings.

She stepped out of the house, without bothering to tell her parents because she knew they weren't home anyway. She put her hands in her pocket as it was a litle cold outside. She blowed some air from . She looked at the night sky and wondered why L.Joe suddenly wanted to see her. She slowly got on the train and then after she got off the the train she took the bus and then she slowly walked to the building.

When she reached the top she saw L.Joe was already there.

"Hey" she greeted him and he smiled back at her as a reply.

"You wanted to see me at this time because...?" Sohyun questioned.

"Well...I really wanted to tell you that...I-I" L.Joe struggled to say what he wanted to say.

"Byunghun, we have to talk" Sohyun said as she collected the courage to tell him what she wanted to tell him.

L.Joe's kisses were going too far. Her heart reacted to his kisses too much. She couldn't take it. She wanted to tell him that she wanted to stop because her heart hurt too much. 

Sohyun took a deep breath and said "We need to stop"

"What?" L.Joe asked.

"Kissing, Byunghun. It's not..." she bit her lip.

"Not what?" L.Joe questioned.

"Something we should be...doing" Sohyun said sadly as she held back her tears. 

"What?" L.Joe couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"We need to stop it" Sohyun said. 

"But...listen to me!" L.Joe pleeded.

"No Byunghun...it's just...we can't! OK!"Sohyun said as she walked away.

"But you didn't hear my confession" he muttured to himself as he watched her walk away. 

L.Joe could feel his heart pounding. He felt like he had just been chewed and spat out. His heart hurt . He now knew that he was truly in love with Sohyun but he knew it was too late now. She didn't want him anymore. His heart broke.

-o-

"I screwed up this time"

"Yeah buddy, you kind of did" Gayoon said as she patted his back.

"Noona! What do I do?" L.Joe asked.

"Just tell her for God's sake!" Gayoon cried out of frustration.

"I told you, I couldn't get it out!" L.Joe cried.

"L.Joe, you want to be with Sohyun right?" Gayoon asked L.Joe.

"Yeah" L.Joe said 

"Then just tell her" Gayoon encouraged him.

"But she doesn't want me anymore!" he cried.

"Oh God...she does want you It's just that she doesn't realise that you feel the same way as her and that is why you need to tell her!"

Hi dear readers! I don't ususally leave messages in the end of my chapters but I just wanted to tell you that this is the second last chapter so the next chapter will be the last. Yup! We are comming to an end and it is so soon and I realise it was a short story but I did plan this story to be short. So yeah, we are comming to an end. Leave your comments and I'll update soon!