Chapter 1

Friends with Benefits

Sohyun woke up in the morning and did her usual things. Like everyday she woke up with a smile on her face. She got ready for school and went to the bus stop. As the bus arrived she got on and chose to sit next to the window.

As the bus stopped at the next stop Sohyun smiled at her best friend Lee Byunghun or L.Joe as everone else calls him.

"Morning" L.Joe greeted.

"Morning Byunghyn" Sohyun replied with a smile.

L.Joe sat down next to Sohyun and they talked about what they did over the weekend eventhoug they had spent the entier weekend together.

Sohyun knew L.Joe since her first day of high school. They met because Sohyun was new and she was lost. L.Joe had helped her find her Hyuna unnie. They had gotten along very well and they became fast friends.

When they reached school they went their seprate ways. As Sohyun entered her class she was greeted by another one of her close friend Ilhoon.

"Hey Sohyun!" he greeted.

"Hi Ilhoon" she replied.

"How was your weekend?" he asked.

She didn't reply because she knew that Ilhoon didn't like L.Joe very much.

"You were with him again weren't you" he stated and she only nodded.

"I know you don't like him but he is not a bad person" Sohyun reasoned with him.

"But you like him and he is totally clueless and I just know that one of these days he will hurt you" Ilhoon said being the protective friend he was.

At that moment Niel appeared and took his seat which was next to Sohyun.

"Yo!" he casually said to Ilhoon and Sohyun.

The two greeted Niel.

"So what are you two talking about?" Niel asked.

"We were talking about how Sohyun here is gonna get heartroken by the idiot one of these days" Ilhoon asnwered angryly.

"I'm his friend and even I agree that he is an idiot" Niel said while Ilhoon just laughed.

After a whle it was lunch and Sohyun went out to meet up with L.Joe. She went to their usual place. It was a tree. They would sit under the tree every lunch and they would just spend their time together. As Sohyun waited for LJoe she thought about what Ilhoon had said. Sohyun sighed to herself. She knew sooner or later L.Joe would meet "the one" and she would have to watch them fall in love and live a happy life. She wondered if L.Joe woud ever see her as "the one". She was lost deep in her thouhts that she didn't even realise that L.Joe was already there until he started to click his fingers infront of her face.

"Hello...anybody there?" he asked but Sohyun just shook her head and started to eat. Suddenly L.Joe took Sohyun's lunchbox away from her and placed it away. She looked at him surprised but he just layed his head on her lap which made her blush but he didn't notice.

"So how is your day so far?" L.Joe asked.

"Nothing special...same boring classes" Sohyun replied as she looked away from his face. "What about you?"

"Chunji hyung got me into trouble...AGAIN" L.Joe said angrily but Sohyun just laughed.

"It wasn't even funny!" L.Joe snapped.

"I'm sorry Byunghun but its just funny" Sohyun said as she looked down at him. They sat there staring at each other for a while until L.Joe's hand reached out for her face. Sohyun blushed as his hand touched the side of her lips. Her heart pounded as he brushed his fingers gently against her face.

"You have food on you face" he said and then pulled his hand back down.

Sohyun smiled at him even though she was dissapointed and then she started to play with his hair. If people had seen them they would automaticly think that they were a couple.

As lunch ended L.Joe walked Sohyun back to class. When she entered her class Ilhoon was just glaring at the sopt L.Joe had been standing on a minute ago.