Chapter 7

Friends with Benefits

The next day Sohyun was back in school defending L.Joe from Ilhoon.

"I told you he would hurt you!" Ilhoon said.

"But he made up for it" Sohyun argued.

"You could do so much better than him!"

"Please don't bring up the past!" Sohyun pleeded. 

"Our past was better than the present" Ilhoon said as he tried to calm himself down.

"It was a thing of the past..."Sohyun said.

Ilhoon sighed and both of them sat down on the floor. They were at the roof top on the school building away from everything else. 

"I'm  really thankful....you stood up for me" Ilhoon said.

Sohyun smiled sadly and said "We are both orphans so we need to stick together and I really hated those bullies"

"Strange how we were able to meet again after....we both got adopted" Ilhoon said.

"But before we were seperated you never failed to tell me how much you...loved me" Sohyun said as a silent tear slid down her face. "What happened to us?" Sohyun asked.

"I guess we...just grew apart....you never loved me like that anyway. You olny always thought of me as a brother and I realised my "love" was a childish crush" Ilhoon said sadly and then he laughed bitterly.

"I guess" Sohyun muttured.

"You know it's the truth" Ilhoon said as he reached for her face and wiped away her tears. Their eyes met.

"I just don't want you to get hurt...he is your first crush and first love" he said his hands still on her face. Sohyun closed her eyes knowing where this was going. It would be their last. He leaned in and kissed her one last time. It wasn't the same. This kiss was just a kiss, to Sohyun it didn't feel anything like the kisses she shares with L.Joe. 

L.Joe didn't hear what they were saying but he saw everything thing. From the way they looked at each other to the kiss they shared. It hurt. He didn't know why but he was hurt at that moment. He was in shock. It was the end of a school day and he was looking for Sohyun so they could go home together but this was what he found. 

He hid as soon as he way Soyun and Ilhoon comming his way to go back downstairs.

L.Joe watched the two walk away with sadness in his eyes and yet he didn't know why. He didn't understand.

-o-

He stopped the kisses. He stopped it all and she didn't know why. She pretended it was alright but deep down she was filled with sadness. He was still with her most of the time but there was just no more kissing. They still had lunch together at their usual spot but to Sohyun it didn't feel the same. There was  something wrong.

"Byunghun" Sohyun called him as she watched him eat his lunch slowly.

"What?" he said without even looking at her.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked but he just shook his head and kept on eating.

Sohyun sighed and silently ate her lunch.

Maybe leaving him alone would help him.

-o-

Sohyun was now in one of the many practice rooms again but this time she was on her own. She was dancing on her own. She always danced when she was stressed, it always helped. 

She looked at herself in the mirror. She wondered once again what was wrong with her. Was she not pretty enough? Did she act too much like a boy? Or maybe he just found the one. Her incurities were hunting her again. Mabe it just wasn't meant to be. She was just going to give up no one would look at her. Ilhoon was the only person who did, key word being did. 

Maybe it would be best for her to just leave.

She pressed the button the the stereo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjOBFdHdEDw (lets pretend she is dancing alone here rather sadly)

When the song ended she heard someone clapping. She was surprised to see L.Joe standing there with a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" she asked,

"What? I can't wait for my best friend so we can go home together?" he asked her and she would only roll her eyes.

"I thought Teen Top had practice for the next dance off" Sohyun said.

"We just finished up" L.Joe replied "You wanna go home than?" he asked and Sohyun nodded. She picked up her cap and placed it back on her head. She turned off the stereo and picked up her bag.

"Let's go" she said happly as she could feel that L.Joe's mood had improved a lot now then earlier during lunch.

Maybe things were starting to get better soon.