Chapter 8

Friends with Benefits

Gayoon raised an eyebrow at L.Joe as he sat infront of her.

"I know its not everyday I call you out noona" L.Joe said.

Gayoon shook her head and said "It's alright...what did you want to ask?"

"Why would you think I want something?" L.Joe asked innocently.

Gayoon raised an eyebrow.

"Ok, I have a problem" LJoe confessed.

And so L.Joe told her about how his heart reacted when he saw Ilhoon and Sohyun kiss. Gayoon sighed and looked at him.

"You, my friend, are in love" Gayoon pointed it out.

"Huh?" L.Joe asked totally confused.

"Have you ever dated before?" Gayoon asked eventhough she knew the answer to that.

"I have no intrest in that type of things" L.Joe said.

"Well, you have developed an intrest in Sohyun while you were going around kissing her" Gayoon said "Which by the way, normal people don't just go around kissing each other"

"But...I see people kissing all the time!" L.Joe argued.

"No, not unless they are in love...or at least like each other" Gayoon said.

"So why did no one tell me that while I was kissing Sohyun!"

"Because, she loves you!" Gayoon snapped but regretted saying it as soon as she said it. L.Joe's eyes widen. Why had no one told him that?

"Why did no one tell me that?" he voiced his thought.

"Because, you were that blind" Gayoon said.

A shocked L.Joe was speachless. 

"L.Joe, do you actually know Ilhoon and Sohun's history?" Gayoon asked.

L.Joe shook his head.

"Well, have you ever met Sohyun's parents" Gayoon asked.

L.Joe shook his head again.

"Well, Sohyun is an orphan and she knew Ilhoon for the orphanage" Gayoon said and L.Joe's eyes widen again. "They "dated" while they were in the orphanage but Sohyun only saw him as a brother and well they were seperated when Sohyun got adopted"

-o-

Sohyun looked at herself in the mirror.

I'm not pretty.

I'm not smart.

I'm not y.

I'm not good at anything.

Her worriess piled up. Sohyun sighed.

No wonder Byunghun doesn't see me as a girl.

Sohyun looked at her short hair. 

I'm not girly...maybe if I grow out my hair...

Her thoughts were inturrupted when Hyuna and Jihyun came in the waithing room.

"Ok, I think we are all set" Jihyun said.

"Should we go out then?" Hyuna asked and Sohyun nodded.

"Let's go"

They got up on the stage and introduced them selves and they took their places. The music started and the three girls danced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44bN-h28ll4

The judges clapped. This was their practice dance off for their real dance off against Miss A.

G.O cheered loudly for them. He was one of the judges but he was still good friends with 4minute and then Teen Top came up on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKSEPcSOjFA

Everyone cheered.

"I think we all have a good chance this time" Jihyun said as she calpped for Teen Top.

"Yup" Sohyun said.

The next day everyone gathered for the real dance off. 4minute were up first against Miss A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3mkqvdsnNQ

L.Joe's eyes were on Sohyun throughout the whole performance. L.Joe's heart raced but he didn't know why. Gayoon's voice rang in his head.

You, my friend, are in love.

Am I really? he though to himself. Soon it was their turn to performe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0TD5vLSWYM

Sohyun's eyes were only on L.Joe as Teen Top performed. She cheered loudly as they finished in their cute outfits. After everyone had performed the winners were announced and 4minut and Teen Top won their rounds so everyone was happy. 

"I think we should go celebrate!" Ricky said happily.

They went out to eat together. They talked and ate together, happily. They all had fun. At the end of the night everyone went home. L.Joe decided that he would walk Sohyun home and so they walked towards her house.

"You did good today, Byunghun" Sohyun told L.Joe.

"You too" he replied with a smile on his face.

Does she really love me?

Sohyun smiled at him "Thanks"

Do I really love her?

As they talked about things, L.Joe wondered to himself why he never saw how much Sohyun loved him, if she really did love him.

As they reached her house, Sohyun told him goodbye. As she was about to go in L.Joe called her and when she turned to face him she was met by his lips on hers. Sohyun's heart raced as he kissed her. She closed her eyes and kissed him back. But deep down her heart was breaking because she thought it meant nothing to him.