Thread 10 – Because you still like me.

Accidentally Fated

 

 

Previously on AF

 “Besides, we are YoonYul. We are the strongest alliance ever created. Nothing could defeat us.”

---

“What are you doing here? You are setting a bad example to the school,” one student yelled.

---

“I know this is the last week of the semester, but we have a new student who would be joining us starting from today.”

---

“Hi, I am Tiffany.”

 

 

 

 

“It really does hurt, hating someone you love.” - Sunny

 

 

 

Lunch time on the day of Tiffany’s admission.

 

“You should come to the band room and look around. We certainly needed a flute player,” a student standing next to Tiffany spoke.

Tiffany was busy chatting away with her new classmates. Although she had only been there for half a day, she was already quite familiar with the people in her class. Maybe her friendly attitude and the smile which was always visible in her face that made people felt attracted to approach her.

“I am thinking of starting a new club, a society,” Tiffany answered, rather excited.

“What?” Another student on her other side asked, curious.

“A pink appreciation society. I loved pink. No, I am obsessed by it,” Tiffany replied.

A few of the students who were surrounding Tiffany started mumbling about how brilliant the idea was, how that no one had thought about it before.

 

At this rate, maybe the whole Royalty should start worrying about their position.

 

“You should eat and talk more with us,” another individual in the crowd suggested.

They were already halfway out of the door, before suddenly Tiffany could feel a hand behind her, pulling her by her back collar. A few moments later she was already jolted backwards by the force of Kwon Yuri.

“We need her for a while.” Yoona said, giving a dry smile.

After giving a reassuring nod to the others and convincing them that she would join them later in the canteen, the group left with a disappointed look in their face.

“What again,” Tiffany said, freeing herself from Yuri’s grip. Annoyance evident in her face.

“Wah, you are really great. How could you get a seat between ours.” Yoona said, hands on her hip.

“I have my back-up” Tiffany smiled.

 

Thanks Leetuk.

 

“YAH, Im Yoona, it is not the time to be praising,” Yuri said, giving Yoona a hit on her head.

Yoona gave a look to Yuri and finally started their interrogation towards Tiffany.

“Why are you in our class?” Yuri started.

“As I said, monitoring.”

“It’s not monitoring, it’s called trampling on our territory. Are you eyeing to become a royalty?” Yuri added.

“Royalty?? Heck, I don’t even know what a royalty is. I am here to make sure that the two of you won’t quarrel, do something stupid and destroy my beautiful plan here.”

“What plan?” Yoona said.

“To taste the life of a typical teenager,” Tiffany explained, huge grin on her face.

Yoona and Yuri let out a sigh.

“It’s really not a good timing if you are here for a match-making.” Yoona complained, finally taking a seat on one of the nearest table.

“We are soon to be ousted by the school. Apparently same gender relationship is still a taboo.” Yuri joined.

“Aigoo... Such trouble no need to think too much about it. Everything is going to be fine ok.” Tiffany assured

 “Now, I need to go somewhere. Eat together both of you, or your hours won’t count.”

Tiffany quickly ran out of the room, afraid that she might be grabbed by Yuri again.

“That ‘person’” Yuri sighed, “is really not helpful.”

Yuri took the seat beside Yoona’s.

“We are on our own.”

“Now, we only needed to complete 50 hours, a number that I think easily accomplished if we work together.” Yoona explained, as she turned her upper body towards Yuri. “So now, just go to canteen and eat as per usual. No joke or playing like last time.” Yoona continued, voice dropping by a few decibels on the last words, perhaps not wanting to remind Yuri of her rather outrageous action.

“Okay,” Yuri said, giving a rather annoyed look towards Yoona. But she let her own anger go, not wanting to start another meaningless argument with Yoona. “But we certainly could not go together. You go first. I’ll enter the canteen later.”

“Let’s just keep a low profile. We don’t want people to assume things that are not true.” Yuri completed her sentence.

===

 

Lunch period, Royalty Room.

 

“Taeng, you heard what happened this morning in Yoona’s and Yuri’s class? Some people say they almost kissed! Omo.. how are we going to fix the situation now.” Sooyoung complained, frustrated.

“You heard they almost kissed? I heard that they were holding hands, and showed excessive amount of skinship. Gossip really should not be trusted.”

Taeyeon sighed.

“But do you really think that they really are dating or something?” Taeyeon continued.

“I don’t know Taeng!” Sooyoung sat down.

 

Sooyoung frustrated and not because of food!! That’s something new.

 

“They had been weird since the Valentine’s day sleepover.”

“They are indeed weird on that Valentine’s day sleepover.” Taeyeon commented.

 

The day of the ‘incident’, 2 minutes after Tiffany left

 

“Where are my clothes?” Yoona said, wrapping the blanket around herself.

After the heated argument about whose fault that such incident happened, Yoona and Yuri agreed to talk with cold head. One of the ways to do that was certainly to get dressed. Yuri had allowed Yoona to keep the blanket while she took on the bed sheet as her own cover.

Both walked towards the front of the bed and started sorting through heap of clothes cluttered there.

“Argh... I am going crazy!!!!!” Yoona yelled.

“Shh...” Yuri quickly told Yoona to quiet down. “If Sooyoung and Taengoo know about this, we are dead.”

As they sort through their clothes, their hands accidentally brushed each other.

“Don’t come near me,” Yoona quickly yelped as she took two steps back.

“Don’t you watch movies? What are you so scared of. If something really did happen yesterday, that simple touch is nothing.” Yuri said indifferently.

“KWON YURI!!” Yoona yelped.

“Okay, okay,” Yuri raised her hands. “Now just get dressed.”

Yuri threw the remaining clothes to the bed.

“You take that side, I take this side,” Yuri said as she sat on the right side of the bed. “And don’t peek,” Yuri said to Yoona who just took her seat.

“Who wants to peek?” Yoona scoffed.

Yoona and Yuri started dressing up as they took their clothes from the heap in the middle of the bed. Both of them just used their hands to sift through the pile of clothes without looking back. They took each clothes, examined them before wearing them.

Halfway dressing themselves up, suddenly Yoona started a conversation.

“Kwon player...” Yoona paused. “Who knows that Kwon player is not actually a player.”

“I never say that I am a player. It is everyone’s assumption that I am a player,” Yuri said as she pulled her shirt over her head.

“But you certainly dated a lot of people,” Yoona commented.

Yuri moved her hand backwards and pulled her jacket.

“And you never slept with either one of them. That’s an interesting phenomenon,” Yoona continued.

“Are you done?” Yuri asked.

Yoona just made a soft ‘ehem’, signalling that she was ok. Yoona indeed had dressed up. The only thing that she had not wore was her light blue jacket, now sitting on her lap.

“My mind is tired, so just let me lie down for a while,” Yuri said, as she lay down on the bed.

Yuri shifted a bit, adjusting her back until she got the best position. She looked to her right hand side. Yoona was just sitting next to her, tidying up her wrinkled jacket.

“You asked me why I never slept with anyone,”

Yuri asked as she turned towards Yoona. Yoona faced Yuri and their eyes locked.

“It’s because I am also a girl.....”

Yuri paused.

“.... who is waiting for the right one to come.”

There was a certain level of sincerity and softness that Yoona never spot before. Yoona and Yuri was too busy fighting all these years to actually have the time to really get to know each other. And now being all alone, just the two of them, and really talking, there were new sides of each other being discovered. As new as this revelation to both of them, they secretly enjoyed it.

 

So this is what Taengoo means. Us being possible to be good friends

 

“Yoona, Yuri,” Taeyeon voice was heard coming from outside.

“YoonYul!!!” Sooyoung voice soon joined.

Both of them turned towards the door.

“Oh sh!t.”

Yuri jumped up and quickly wore her jacket.

“What time?” She asked.

“15 minutes to 8.” Yoona answered after looking at her watch.

“We have morning call in 15 minutes.”

Yuri rushed out to the door. She waved her hands, telling Yoona to hurry.

“Your jacket,” Yuri said to Yoona.

Yoona quickly took her jacket and donned it. Then both of them went out of their room as fast as possible.

 

Told from Sooyoung and Taeyeon POV

 

“Will Yoona and Yuri kill us.” Sooyoung said as she and Taeyeon walked out of their shared room.

“Most probably it’s Yoona who will kill us.”

Taeyeon ruffled her hair.

“She thanked me already for not putting her together with Yuri. Now I am feeling kind of guilty.”

“Then let’s see whether she would scold you,” Sooyoung said.

Taeyeon sighed.

“Yoona, Yuri,” Taeyeon yelled.

“YoonYul!!!” Sooyoung joined as they approached the other mansion entrance.

Before they could rush in to surprise YoonYul, the two of them had already ran out of the room.

“Hi, morning,” Yoona said rather awkwardly.

“Morning,” Yuri joined in the similar weird tone.

Sooyoung and Taeyeon stared at the two. They realised that there is something odd.

“You’re up,” Taeyeon said.

She then looked at the two again, this time scrutinising.

“Wait, why are..”

Taeyeon hand reached to Yoona’s jacket.

Yoona’s heart started pacing. She was scared of what Taeyeon’s was going to say or do.

 

Like all the people who hide things, Yoona was afraid. So as Yuri.

 

“You guys swapped clothes?”

Taeyeon said after she lifted Yoona’s jacket slightly and looked at Yuri’s.

Both of them turned quickly to themselves and looked down. Then Yoona realised that she was wearing Yuri’s white v-neck shirt while Yuri was donning her white shirt ornamented with a small brand logo at the bottom edge of the shirt.

Quickly tried to improvise, Yoona acted solely based on her instinct.

“You must have tricked me again right Yul,” Yoona lightly hit Yuri’s arm.

“Yah, sure sure..” Yuri quickly caught Yoona’s bait.

“Let’s go to wake people up,”

Yuri pulled Yoona away and signalled other to follow as well.

Sooyoung and Taeyeon looked at the two with curious eye.

There were two things that really made Taeyeon confused.

First, was the pretty obvious awkward act between the two.
Second, was the lack of anger from either Yoona or Yuri about their sudden roommate change.

As Yoona and Yuri walked further away from her and Sooyoung, Taeyeon spotted another abnormality.

Third, what were that couple rings doing in both their fingers.

 

Present time

 

“Anyway, we don’t know what their relationship is now and it seemed unlikely that they would tell us any further.” Taeyeon said.

She walked towards her work table and from her drawer pulled out two velvet red boxes.

“Then, we need to get this fixed,”

Taeyeon opened the box and revealed a ring, identical to Yuri’s and Yoona’s.

“All our hardwork come to waste,” Sooyoung picked up the other box and examine the content.

“Not wasted, just needed some adjustment,”

Taeyeon closed the ring box.

“Help me fix it would you. We needed it now.”

“I really am amazed with you, Taeng, you manage to predict what will happen.”

“Hey, if I am not good I would not be the leader,” Taeyeon said, letting out her ahjumma laugh.

“Okay, okay, I’ll get this fix,” Sooyoung said picking up the two boxes, “I need to go to the canteen. I missed 20 minutes of lunch already. My fried chicken. Hopefully ahjumma keeps some for me,” Sooyoung continued as she exited the room.

Taeyeon just smiled at her friend.

 

A few minutes later.

 

“You wanted to see me?” Sunny walked into the Royalty room.

Sunny stopped in front of the sitting Taeyeon. Taeyeon and Sunny looked at each other for a while, exchanging glances, before Taeyeon finally started.

“I have changed.”

“And so do I.”

“I know.” Taeyeon paused. “You turned into this evil person that everyone hates.”

Taeyeon sat up straight and levelled her eyes with Sunny’s.

“I am not that same self-centered, naive girl anymore. So Sunny, please change back to your old self. Don’t destroy yourself because of your hatred towards me.”

“You have lost the right to tell me what to do a long time ago. So don’t start now.”

Sunny put her hands on the table. Using it as a support, she pulled herself up, preparing to leave.

Taeyeon grabbed Sunny’s wrist, forcing Sunny’s hand to stay at its spot. As Sunny turned her head to face Taeyeon, Taeyeon recited her rebuttal.

“I still have the right. Because you still like me.”

Sunny opened , wanted to challenge Taeyeon’s word. But before she could say something, Taeyeon continued.

“She said music is her everything. That to her, music is her soul, her energy, her love. She would give everything that she has for that one chance of success. And it is not for herself. It is because she believes that such a wonderful gift should be shared and not kept to oneself. Her trust in something as abstract as music has made me believe that chasing a dream is not a wild goose chase.”

Taeyeon paused.

“That is the words that you write for my article. It is obvious Lee Soonkyu. You are still madly in love with me.”

 

Lee Soonkyu. A name that Sunny has not heard for a long time and also a name that scares her. It is a name that reminded her of the past – the past that she is so desperately trying to get rid of. It scares her even more because she heard it from the person that scares her the most. Because around Taeyeon, Lee Soonkyu is paralysed.

 

“Please Taeyeon. Please, let me go.” Sunny pleaded, eyes glistening with tears.

 

Cause I could not let myself bound to you when I know, I could not let myself be with you.

 

Taeyeon loosened her grip.  She could not stand hurting Sunny even more, especially after what she had done to her.

Before Sunny could free herself, Sooyoung came running into the room. And of course, it would not be Sooyoung if she did not have a chicken drumstick on her hand.

“Taengoo, you...”

Sooyoung paused after seeing Taeyeon and Sunny together.

“What are you doing here evil reporter,” Sooyoung said, smug expression on her face.

Sunny only hissed at Sooyoung while slowly and discretely pulled her hand away from Taeyeon’s grab.

“What happened, Youngie?”

Sooyoung turned her attention back to Taeyeon.

“You need to go to the canteen now. YoonYul is in a complete chaos.”

Taeyeon and Sooyoung quickly ran out of the royalty room to the canteen. Even from afar, Taeyeon could already hear the loud noise coming from the canteen. As she ran closer and closer, she realised the huge commotion inside the canteen, all focused at one spot, Yoona’s lunch spot.

Taeyeon took one last turn of the corridor to the canteen. In her peripheral vision she could see Sunny following them.

 

Of course, you would not want to miss a headline.

 

The moment they arrived at the canteen, Sooyoung and Taeyeon had already made their way to the front of the crowd. As they got a clearer view, both stopped. Taeyeon was speechless by what was happening in front of her. She had never seen a Royalty disaster as bad as this.

A moment later, Sunny already stood beside Taeyeon. Apparently she was wearing an expression as surprised as Taeyeon.

Finally, Taeyeon coaxed a sentence that made the most possible sense at that time.

“Sunny, look at the mess that you had made.”

 

 

Author's note :

Yay its here!! Lol.. At least I manage to post although I'm having exam on Monday.. Hehe.. Been using writing as a way to relax myself from all the studying nowadays. This chapter has a considerably more angst (I think) than other chapters, especially concerning SunYeon. I'll be revealing their story, bits by bits. For now, I would be focusing more on the 'trouble' that YoonYul face before telling stories of other people in a more complete manner. Hope you guys would enjoy this update and have a nice weekend ;)