Thread 7 – the really thin line between love and hate.

Accidentally Fated

 

“I never told you to hate her. I just told you not to love her.” – Tiffany

 

 

 

“Argh.. Seriously… Stress…”

Seohyun heard Tiffany complained as she walked past her office. She took her time to stop for a while, hesitating before finally entering the room.

“Erm.. Unnie, what’s wrong?” Seohyun carefully said. She did not want to make her Unnie angry again. Since the ‘incident’ she had been punished with endless paperwork and labour work. She was already getting tired of it.

“Seohyunnie… I never met two people as frustrating as this YoonYul couple.” Tiffany said as she kept pointing towards the screen on her desk. “I ask them just a simple task and on first try they can’t complete them. Do you know how frustrating that is?”

Seohyun just lightly nodded. She had come at absolutely the wrong timing. Now Seohyun just needed to do or say just a wrong thing and she would be R.I.P.

“Seohyun, tell Krystal to replace me again. I am going to Earth. Again.”

 

On early Monday morning.

 

“Appa, I am going to school already,” Yoona said to her father.

“Don’t forget this,” Her father gave Yoona two paper bag of packed lunches. “One for Jonghyun.”

Yoona smiled and nodded to her father.

With a brown sling bag on her shoulder and packed lunches on her hand, Yoona started off. She took her usual path to meet Jonghyun – in front of playground near her house. She walked straight then turned into a small alley, a shortcut to the playground. But before she could walk any further, she could feel sudden piercing pain on her left ear. As she turned to the left, she could see Tiffany’s hand pulling her ears. All she could do was to let out a small yelp before finally being dragged by Tiffany towards some other place near the alley.

“Yah, Tiffany, my ear,” Yoona repeated.

As Tiffany released her grip, Yoona quickly held her ear in pain. In her peripheral vision, she could see Yuri was also standing on the alleyway, back against the wall while holding her red ear as well.

“At least you are wearing something proper today,” Yoona noted.

 

Tiffany was wearing a plain white shirt and black pants. It made her look more authorative.

 

“We don’t have time for the fashion talk. Besides, both of you should be lucky that I only punished you two to that extent,” Tiffany said as she swayed her fingers back and forth from Yuri to Yoona.

Both of them put up apologetic look while still rubbing their ears.

“Tell me what happened,” Tiffany demanded.

“Yah, ask her. She bailed on me,” Yuri pointed to Yoona.

Tiffany shifted her gaze to Yoona who was now standing uncomfortably.

“Yoona-ssi,” Tiffany said, the honorific just adding to the sarcastic tone in her voice.

“Then explain to me about Jonghyun,” Yoona retaliated.

“Jonghyun? Who is Jonghyun,” Tiffany questioned, shifting her stare to Yuri.

“Her boyfriend to be,” Yuri answered.

“What about him?” Tiffany asked Yoona.

“You tell me,” Yoona answered short.

 

Yoona’s story

 

Morning of Taeyeon’s headlining news.

 

“Hey,” Jonghyun said as she tapped Yoona’s shoulder.

Yoona was busy immersed in her thought about what she should do about her situation with Yuri. Yoona remained quiet throughout the walk to school. This made Jonghyun concerned.

“Are you sick? You seemed really quiet today.”

It was pretty unusual for Yoona to stay quiet on their walk. Yoona was usually very energetic and really talkative – part of her charm that people rarely know because of her image.

“No. Just rather distracted,” Yoona said, returned back to her own thought.

Yoona really hated herself then. It was for one simple reason; she did not feel the way she used to feel for Jonghyun anymore. Her heart did not flutter when she saw him or did she feel shy and happy when she saw him. And the worst part was as much as Yoona forced herself to feel something for him, she still felt nothing.

 

After lunch break (lunch with Yuri on gardening club field).

 

“Ah, this is really frustrating,” Yoona said after running towards the school field. She stopped, holding her knees, while taking her breath.

“How could this possible,” she questioned herself. “Everything that I do around Jonghyun is slowly showing when I am around Yuri,” she shook her head.

She stood straight up, not looking at anything particularly.

“Ah, but why above all people it is with Yuri,” she kicked her leg aimlessly. “I need to find my way around this,” she said again, determined.

 

The next day.

 

“Hey, day dreaming again,” Jonghyun said the moment he met Yoona.

“Sorry,” Yoona replied shortly and again remained quiet.

Jonghyun, seeing the quiet Yoona again, tried to start the conversation. He talked about his school life, about their school’s royalty and many more things. But eventually the conversation ended up in a one way conversation.

On the other hand, Yoona was trying really hard to listen to Jonghyun but eventually the feeling that she got was only annoyance.

 

Eventually, Yoona spent the rest of the week avoiding Yuri and trying hard to like Jonghyun which eventually result in further annoyance in her part.

 

Back with Tiffany

 

“Don’t I still have free will to like other people,” Yoona complained.

“Of course you still have free will. But for now, your feeling would grow for that person there,” Tiffany pointed to Yuri while Yuri lazily held up her hand.

“Im Yoona, if you want to protest the heaven, don’t drag me in it. I don’t want to be in love with you too,” Yuri replied.

 

Yuri’s story

 

After school (on Taeyeon’s headlining news day)

 

“Yah, that Im Yoona. She must have purposely dragged her training session. Wanting to torture me, huh,” Yuri said, scolding the air. “Already bailed on me during lunch, if we could not fulfil the quota I would personally make sure you will experience hell.”

Talking about lunch, Yuri was suddenly reminded of the scene that made Yoona ran away.

 

We are so close that I could hear her breathing, her heartbeat. And just for a tiny bit of second there, I wanted to kiss her.

 

“Yah, Kwon Yuri, what are you thinking,” Yuri hit her head as she realised the absurdity of her thought. “Nah, nah… Don’t think of something stupid.”

Yuri waited but then realised that she had waited for approximately an hour. Getting agitated and impatient, she went to the dance club practice room immediately.

Knocking and then opening the door, she just blurted a question to the people in the room.

“See Im Yoona?”

But the truth is, the room was so astonished by the sudden appearance of the Q4 that the room fell silent. It was as if time stopped momentarily inside.

“Erm, excuse me,” Yuri asked once more.

“Yoona had already left. She said she had something important to do,” one of the girls finally answered.

Yuri thanked them and closed the door. As soon as the door was shut, a loud murmur could be heard from the room.

“Commoners....” Yuri commented.

“But Im Yoona, are you striking a war with me…” Yuri said as she walked out of the school. “I’ll make sure I find you tomorrow.”

 

The next day, lunch period.

 

Yuri yanked Yoona’s arm just before she turned to the corridor leading to the canteen. She pulled her into the empty classroom. The quietness that built up added to the already tense atmosphere they both shared.

 “If you had an important matter yesterday you could tell me first. I waited for an hour at the school gate,” Yuri said, surprisingly calm.

“Sorry. I forget,” Yoona replied arrogantly

 “Hey, I don’t care what you want to do, but don’t drag me into it,” Yuri said, her escalating anger could be heard from her rising voice.

“Okay, okay,” Yoona said holding up both her hands. “You wait here. I will go to buy lunch first.” Yoona said as she went out of the room.

The moment Yoona left the room, Yuri walked back to her seat. She lazily slumped herself back to her seat. She knew, Yoona was not coming back.

 

After school that day.

 

Yuri hurriedly ran out of the class. She looked for traces of Im Yoona but she was already gone. Yuri sighed.

“That person is really....”

 

Consecutive day lunch period.

 

Yuri confidently walked past her own lunch spot in the canteen.

 

The Qs usually occupied the four corners in the canteen. The reason being is because if all Qs where gather together, there is fear of big commotion. So to distribute that, such system is used. The system has been passed down from earlier generation of royalty to the current one.

 

Everyone watched Yuri with curious eyes. Even Sooyoung and Taeyeon were confused as well.

As Yuri arrived at Yoona’s spot, Yuri quickly sent away the person seated next to Yoona. Yoona on the other hand did not see it coming and was shocked by Yuri’s action.

 

On one side of the room, the YoonYul fans or ‘Twin Troopers’ as they named themselves were busy happily chatting away about their OTP sitting together. Some were really worried looking at the 2 Qs together mainly because they know that the two were like fire – they burnt each other.

 

“I had gone to this extent, so just sit and eat,” Yuri whispered as she gave a wave to the ‘twin troopers’.

“Kwon Yuri, where is your pride? Is it gone?” Yoona commented as she ate.

Yuri was really boiling inside. Honestly, she could not really comprehend what Yoona was actually doing. But being Yoona’s enemy for so many years, she had learnt to read Yoona’s expression. And what she could decipher now was that Yoona was in a way taking revenge to the heaven.

“I already tell you, don’t drag me into whatever you wanted to do.” Yuri said, calmly again.

“You had a surprisingly huge patience now.”

“Think about what you are doing,” Yuri said, facing Yoona.

“I already thought about it,” Yoona turned to face Yuri.

As they face each other, the room was filled with gasping of audience who were shocked by the sudden closeness of the two always quarrelling Qs. What was even more surprising to everyone was what had happened next.

Yoona took a glass of milk that was in front of her and pour it into Yuri’s clothing, causing it to be soaked with it. Yuri retreated, mouth agaped as she was shocked of what Yoona had done. Yuri stood up, still as shocked as before.

“Im Yoona, you will regret what you had done,” Yuri said, ready to pounce.

“Oops, sorry,” Yoona replied indifferently.

Before Yuri could start her attack, she was already restrained by Sooyoung who was quick on her feet. Taeyeon on the other hand, walked to Yoona’s side, just in case Yoona decided to attack.

“Yuri, let’s go,” Sooyoung said as she restrained Yuri’s arm and pulled her away. “Let’s go. I still need to finish my lunch.”

“Im Yoona, yah, don’t think I will go easy on you again.”

Yuri kept screaming until she was brought out of the canteen. Yuri did not even care about what other people think. She was never that angry before.

 

===

 

“If I didn’t do it, you wouldn’t be here, then I could not ask you about Jonghyun,” Yoona said.

“Then Im Yoona, why you dragged me into your problem,” Yuri frustratingly said as she shook Yoona’s body from behind.

“I didn’t tell you how to call me?” Tiffany innocently asked.

This question was followed by rather vengeful look from the two.

“I guess I forget,” Tiffany answered softly. “Make a tapping sound with your ring in a rhytmic 1,2,3 manner.”

Tiffany motioned with her fingers how to make the tapping sound – hitting the back of the ring towards her other hands’ finger.

Both Yoona and Yuri had a furious look on her face, in any moment ready to resort to violence. Tiffany was rather scared of the look from the two and quickly changed the topic.

“But there is something weird,” Tiffany noted. “Hold on for a while.”

Tiffany tapped her smartphone and started searching. After reading a few things, she finally made a call. Soon after, someone picked up.

“Seohyun-ah, can you go to Im Yoona’s and Kwon Yuri’s row?” Tiffany questioned. “Yes, I will wait.”

Tiffany had a curious look mixed with fear as she waited for Seohyun’s reply. She was hoping that what she was thinking will not be true. After hearing that Seohyun had arrived at the desired spot, Tiffany continued.

“See Jonghyun there,” Tiffany paused. “Ye. What?” Tiffany replied, shocked.

After a few times of nodding and ‘yeses’, Tiffany ended the call. She looked at Yoona with an apologetic look before continuing.

“Wae?” Yoona demanded.

“Yoona, my stupid assistant also accidentally changed the line between yours and Jonghyun to the black one.”

“Pardon me,” Yoona said, refusing to believe in what she had heard.

“Actually, you are supposed to bind with red thread with Jonghyun at this Valentine’s day, but since an accidental mistake is made, Jonghyun’s and Yuri’s thread was swapped. That’s why you started feeling annoyed and lost your interest in the person. It is because you are supposed to slowly hate him.”

“Tiffany…” Yoona angrily yelled before advancing forward and grabbing Tiffany’s collar. “What the heck have you done?!” Yoona shook Tiffany.

Sensing the sudden burst of anger from Yoona and also knowing what Yoona was capable of, Yuri advanced as well, holding Yoona’s shoulder to prevent her from doing anything violent to Tiffany.

“Everything was your fault. Why do you forget such crucial thing and why such accident must happened.” Yoona complained.

“I told you what’s done is done. I could not change anything now,” Tiffany took a safe two steps away from the two. “And what the two of you had done could not be changed either. By the end of today, second diamond would be attached to your rings.”

“Yah, it’s not entirely our fault, partially it’s your fault as well. You should at least let us off this time,” Yuri tried to bargain.

“I could not. What is set must be followed. That’s the heaven’s rule,” Tiffany insisted. “But just think of this as me being kind, you only need to complete only 50 hours this time round. It won’t be too hard right?”

“How about 45. You had caused a huge mess, that’s the least you could do,” again, Yuri tried to bargain.

“Nope. I could not,” Tiffany said. “Both of you had caused enough trouble. Many things need to be changed because of this mistake,” Tiffany reiterated, then suddenly she grinned, “Both of you must be happy. Because of this, I think I should monitor both of you. I would stay on earth.”