Thread 4 – The nightmare that came true

Accidentally Fated

 

Yuri shifted around her bed. She was having a really bad headache, hangover effect from last night. As she moved, she remembered the weird dream that she had last night, regarding Im Yoona. She silently chuckled, thinking how impossible it would be. Not in a hundred years she would do ‘that’ with a person name Im Yoona. She shuffled again, this time round wanted to force herself back to sleep.

Yuri extended her hand. She felt something weird. Another soul was sleeping beside her. Then she remembered, Sooyoung was supposed to be her roommate. But she realised there was something really awkward. And really wrong.

 

The fact that you are ?

 

As the fact came downing to her, she jumped up from the bed, holding the blanket close to herself. She looked beside her, another human being was there. Im Yoona was there. Im Yoona her number one enemy.

“Oh, no,” Yuri exclaimed, slightly loud enough to wake the person beside her.

Yoona moved, still stubbornly refused to wake up. But when she finally processed that it was Yuri’s voice that came beside her, she sprung alive. She looked at the sitting Yuri then at herself and started panicking.

“What did you do to me? OH MY GOD!” Yoona yelled.

“The right question is what did you do to me,” Yuri replied, raising her voice.

Yoona looked at herself. It was just pretty obvious to her that something might have happened last night. She got really frustrated, then angry.

“Kwon Yuri, seriously, this is too much,” Yoona repeatedly hit Yuri’s arm while firmly holding the blanket between her body and arm.

Feeling that it was kind of useless, Yoona got more upset. She placed her hands in front of her, face looking down and softly mumbled.

“This is my first time, you know.”

Yuri exhaled. As much as she hated Yoona, she knew which line not to cross and this was one of it. She was not one without a heart. Thinking that it might be in some way soothed Yoona, she continued.

“If it makes you any better, this is my first time too, you know.”

“Yah, how can I believe you, you are the most famous player, Kwon player. It is really impossible.”

“YAH,” Yuri was annoyed, “believe what you want.”

“Ehem, can I talk now?”

A voice suddenly interrupted their conversation.

“No, I am not finished scolding this person here.” Yuri replied.

Then both of them realised, this voice was not either one of theirs. They hastily turned.

“Who are you?” Yoona stuttered.

“Hi, I am Tiffany, goddess of love.”

 

Rewind, rewind, rewind.

3 Hours, 25 Minutes, 32 Seconds ago

Tiffany sat on her desk. It was pretty clear that she was really angry. There were a few things that you could easily spot from the goddess of love. First, if she was really happy, she was radiant, and her crescent moon eye smile was always visible. Second, if she was really angry, the scene....... just don’t make her angry ok.

 

“Seohyun, could you tell me what had happened. How could you make such a huge mistake? I even bolded the Im and Kwon names.”

Seohyun hung her head low. She was really scared of her boss. This was the first time she saw her angry, and it was really unsightly.

“I thought everything was well. But, I really don’t know what went wrong.”

Seohyun answered honestly. Then she realised that something might had just gone wrong when she stumbled and fall.

“Ah! I remembered now unnie. I stumbled and fell down just now. I might accidentally pull the thread and it just accidently got tied to the wrong person.....” Seohyun who started off excited began to trail off as she realised her mistake.

Tiffany got up and exhaled. She walked to the mirror located just at one end of the room. As an angel, she never really cared of her appearance. After all, they were supposed to be pretty and pure. But if she was to really do what she was thinking, appearance should be taken care of.

“It seems that the power even greater than all of us had decided. Or it is just purely real ‘coincidence’.”

 

The coincidence that Tiffany meant here was coincidence that was beyond control of D department. Because coincidence that human experienced was not even coincidence at all – it was controlled by them.

 

“I will fix this mistake myself then,” Tiffany said.

“But how unnie?”

“Call Krystal to take over my place for a while. I am going to Earth.”

 

3 Hours, 25 Minutes, 33 Seconds later.

 

“Who are you again?” Yuri asked once again, doubting her own hearing.

“I am Tiffany, goddess of love,” Tiffany repeated, getting slightly annoyed with their disbelief.

“How could you be goddess of love?” Yoona questioned as she keep staring at Tiffany

“Didn’t I look stylish enough?” Tiffany commented as she showed them her eye smile. It was as if the smile was bright enough such that it made them squint.

 

Poor Yoona and Yuri. I mean who would believe a person if suddenly she said “I am the goddess of love” but come looking like ‘that’. What I mean by that is the super black rocker style. Tiffany’s hair was messed up with a streak of blonde. Dark eyeliners complimented the maroon red lipstick that she applied. Black t-shirt with leather vest plus tattered jeans also added to the look that Tiffany termed as ‘stylish’. Nothing sort of like ‘goddess of love’.

 

“If you mean by stylish is emo, then yes,” Yuri added as she stared blankly at the creature in front of her.

“Ah, I thought this is the trend nowadays. Haven’t been coming down to Earth for really long time. Tsk tsk... Anyway, this time I came down because both of you,” Tiffany nonchalantly pointed her finger at both of them.

“There is a...” Tiffany’s words were cut by Yuri.

“Is this a prank. Hey guys this is not funny,” Yuri said loudly towards her surroundings. But no answer was given.

“YAH, listen to me,” Tiffany exploded.

Yuri turned quiet, so as Yoona. Tiffany cleared , then continued.

“A really huge mistake had been made,” Tiffany took a huge breath, “my newly employed angel, name Seohyun by the way, here she is,” Tiffany made a sweeping gesture and a picture floated beside her. Tiffany took a look at the picture and spotted her mistake.

“Ah, not this one,” she made another sweeping gesture, “ah, this one. Sorry for the technical error.”

Tiffany smiled again. Both Yoona and Yuri were sort of astonished at what was happening in front of them.

“This is real?” Yoona questioned.

“Haiz.. How many time I should repeat, this is real. I am really goddess of love.” Tiffany emphasised.

Yoona started making a weeping sound while Yuri looked astounded.

“What would I do now...” Yoona said in between her weeping.

“That’s why listen,” Tiffany was getting impatient. For her, these two human beings were really annoying.

“And don’t cut me off again this time.”

Both Yoona and Yuri looked up. Although still hesitant, both of them nodded their head.

“Okay. My dearest apprentice made a really huge mistake. Both of you are supposed to stay enemy for a really, really long time but because of her silly mistake now you are bound by red thread.”

“Red thread?” Yoona asked.

“You see, that’s why people say there is only a thin line between love and hate. Hatred line is represented by black thread while love line by red one. Both of you are supposed to be connected by the black but now because of the mistake you are connected by red thread. And I can’t change it until next year.”

“Next year,” both Yoona and Yuri exclaimed.

Tiffany nodded. “Valentine’s day to be precise. In conclusion, both of you WILL fall in love with each other, and you can’t help it.”

“Fall in love,” both repeated.

“Both of you need not repeat what I just said,” Tiffany shook her head.

“Fall in love with this person, impossible,” Yuri scoffed.

“Yes, impossible,” Yoona add, scornful.

“You will, believe me. Now the only problem is how far are both of you willing to let yourself be in love. We, the love angels, like to classify being in love to be in 3 levels, 5 phase. Let me get you the slides,” Tiffany said, again making sweeping movement in the middle of air.

Then out of nowhere, a floating screen was present in front of them. Tiffany snapped her fingers and a pointer suddenly appear.

 

Just let me show you what is written on the screen.

 

      Level 1 : Appearance
     Level 2 : Behaviour
Level 3 : Mind

 

“This three levels lead to 5 phase of being in love. The symptoms are namely,”

 

1.  Appearance – Blushing, shy

2.  Behaviour – Smiling, racing heart, feeling of happiness

3.  Behaviour – Jealousy

4.  Mind – Loss of focus/concentration

5.  Mind – Feeling of emptiness (Longing)

 

“I think the first phase will set in approximately 24 hours from now. The ring will tell you when it is ready.”

Tiffany pointed to their hands. Both Yoona and Yuri turned towards their finger. In both left hand ring fingers, there was a silver ring wrapped around their fingers. It was simple, without much ornaments or patterns.

“When first phase set in, there will be a diamond on the ring, sign that you are entering phase 1. Don’t think of this lightly, because love is not something that you could play around. Especially after phase 3, it will start to be a living hell. The dependency between the two souls would be enormous. And phase 5, man, that’s head-over-heel phase. I still remember that one case...”

Tiffany almost got carried away, but then she realised her mistake and stopped. She cleared .

“Anyway, just don’t play around, okay.”

Tiffany bowed forward and used her pointer to poke both their noses.

“And my only advice – don’t become victims of love.”