Thread 8 – Oops… We are caught!

Accidentally Fated

“Study? It seemed fun.” - Seohyun

 

 

 

“I would stay on earth,” Tiffany stated.

“What!” Both of them exclaimed.

Again, they said the same things. Both looked at each other before giving a mocking expression.

“I should have done it in the first place. I shouldn’t have trusted human,” Tiffany sighed. “Listen both of you, I am going to do the proper introduction of phase 2 now.”

Tiffany clapped her hands. “Welcome to phase 2. If you think phase 1 is nothing, then phase 2 is certainly not a nothing. Everything would be amplified. And that phrase that says your heart will beat for each other,” Tiffany swayed her finger as she tried to remember the famous romantic line, “it will now happened to the both of you.”

Yuri slumped her back on the wall, she sighed, “Ah, Yoona, because of you.”

“After I think about it, I would add a few things,” Tiffany noted. “I already add a timer on both of your phones, you could check how many hours left you need to complete. My assistant just learnt how to create apps. That nerd.” Tiffany shook her head.

“And as an additional punishment, if both of you unable to meet the quota again or got into the next phase, you would be stung by sudden electric shock. It won’t kill you. I promise,” Tiffany smiled. Her signature eye smile beaming at the two gloomy teenagers.

“That eye smile won’t work on us,” Yoona said followed by Yuri’s nodding.

“But it is quite effective in heaven though,” Tiffany pouted. “Anyway, I will follow you guys around, so both of you can’t do anything stupid to bail on each other. Understand.”

Yoona and Yuri nodded. Then Yoona raised her hand.

“Yes, student Yoona.”

“What should I do about Jonghyun.”

“The best solution in this situation, break it off with him. Before either one of you does things that you might regret. That is if, you still want to maintain your relationship with him after the one year.”

“Fany, I really hate you,” Yoona said as she started hitting Tiffany, vending off her frustration.

Yuri looking at the suddenly outrageous Yoona, quickly grabbed her.

“Yah, Im Yoona,” Yuri tried to say as she pulled her own head back, trying to avoid Yoona’s flailing hands. “You want to get more punishment?”

“Okay. Okay,” Yoona finally raised both of her hands, a sign that she had already accepted her fate.

“Next year, I promise to give you a good love story, ok,” Tiffany said, getting a bit scared of Yoona.

Tiffany took out her phone again and tapped the screen a few times before finally continuing.

“Now, do your part,” Tiffany said as she pushed Yoona out of the alley. “Jonghyun is already waiting.” Tiffany pushed Yoona again such that she was now on the playground. Jonghyun turned his head, smiling at Yoona. Yoona then hesitantly walked towards him.

“Should we spy on them,” Yuri mumbled, a sudden idea came to her. Yuri was peeking at Jonghyun and Yoona at the edge of the alley.

“You spy on them,” Tiffany said as she peeked over Yuri’s shoulder. “I have a few things to arrange for my stay in Earth. Besides, I have supernatural ability to hear and know what happened,” Tiffany continued indifferently.

Yuri just gave Tiffany a look and back to her spying.

“Just don’t get jealous yet, Yuri. You are not yet in that stage,” Tiffany gave a small chuckle before just suddenly vanished.

“That person is really creepy,” Yuri noted before starting to follow the two human in front of her.

 

Shifting to Yoona’s side of the story.

 

“Hey... Jonghyun, “ Yoona awkwardly said.

Jonghyun hesitantly returned a smile. It had been awkward between them that week that it had left Jonghyun thinking, what had gone wrong with Yoona.

“This is the packed lunch that appa told me to give you,” Yoona offered the brown paper bag to Jonghyun.

“Thanks. Your family’s ramyun is always the best.”

Then silence filled the air once again. This time round neither Jonghyun nor Yoona attempted to lighten up the mood. They just let it be.

Yoona was conflicted. She wanted to say something better than what she was planning to say but she knew what Tiffany said was right. She needed to avoid Jonghyun if she still intended to be in love with him a year after that. Mustering every single courage cell in her body and summoning the growing discomfort in her heart, she started.

“Jonghyun,”

“Hmm..” he replied as he turned to face Yoona.

“Starting from tomorrow,” Yoona said, looking up at Jonghyun, “I think we should go to school separately.”

Both of them stopped walking. Jonghyun was utterly surprised by Yoona’s proposal. He knew that things had been weird between him and Yoona, but he did not expect Yoona to take this decision.

“Why?” Jonghyun asked, partly hurt and partly curious.

“Jonghyun, we had been going to school together for 2 years now. I like you, seriously, but I don’t think this is right anymore,” Yoona took a deep breath. “I don’t know what we are or what we would be. I needed space to figure it out. I am sorry.”

And with that Yoona dashed off to school, leaving Jonghyun who was still processing what was happening.

 

Tiffany’s story in heaven

 

“Seohyun hurry up, come here,” Tiffany said as she paced to her office.

“Can you gather everyone in an hour time and call Krystal for me now.” Tiffany commanded as she took her seat and shuffle through stacks of papers.

“Also, Seohyun, you better start packing.”

 

===

 

Seohyun closed the door behind her. She was really sad and scared. Tiffany had told her to pack. She was thinking where she was going to be deported to. Even worse, was she going to be thrown back to Earth? She had not even stayed in heaven for that long. Now she kept blaming herself for her stupid action.

Seohyun walked around the department, walking through rows of shelves to find Krystal. She was so distracted that she did not even realised it when Krystal was already standing in front of her, face separated only by a few inches.

“Ah,” Seohyun yelped in surprise. She took a few steps back. “Unnie, you shocked me.”

“Why are you so dazed?”

“Krystal unnie, you had been here for really long time right?” Seohyun whispered as she linked their arms together.

“Hmm..” Krystal nodded. “In fact, I came at almost the same time as Tiffany. I think only a few years difference.”

 

Although Seohyun looks older than Krystal, the actual age is Krystal being older than Seohyun. This is because after becoming an angel, they are awarded with eternal life. And with that, they could not age. Hence, their faces always radiate the look that was at the peak of their life – the time where they looked the most beautiful. And in this case, that time for Seohyun is later than Krystal.

 

“Have you ever seen anyone deported out of the department?” Seohyun asked.

“I think I saw it once, before Tiffany’s ruling. The old leader deported someone out because of some mistake. She just coldly told that person to pack and just throw her out to you know, the worst department, LD.”

 

LD is life/death department. It is considerably the worst department of all because not only immense amount of work that you will get but also the moral line between the life and death. Many angels had gone ‘bad’, obsessed with death and cruelty such that it causes chaos in the earth. One of few examples is the world war. Eventually such angels are thrown to the deepest level of the earth, hell.

 

Seohyun stopped on her step. She suddenly turned pale.

“Unnie, I think I am going to be deported.”

“Why? Tiffany really liked you. See you are even promoted to assistant after only a few years.”

“You know the huge incident that I caused. I think she would deport me because of that.”

“If Tiffany wanted to deport you, then you would have been deported days ago. Calm down.”

“But Tiffany unnie told me to pack up.” Seohyun said, her eyes teary.

“Seohyun, calm down. Everything would be okay.” Krystal tried to soothe Seohyun.

Seohyun sighed. “Anyway Krystal unnie, Tiffany unnie wanted to meet you. I need to go and gather all the cupids for sudden meeting.”

“Okay. I’ll go find her now. Don’t be too sad okay. Everything is going to be okay,” Krystal assured.

 

Back to earth

Yuri’s side of the story

 

“I needed space to figure it out. I am sorry.”

Then Yoona ran away.

“Ah, that coward, only knows how to run away.” Yuri complained.

Yuri leisurely walked out of her hiding spot towards Jonghyun. Jonghyun was too absorbed in his own thought that he did not realise the beauty that was walking towards him.

“That person is sometimes a coward,” Yuri began her conversation, eyes fixed on the path that Yoona had just taken.

Jonghyun turned his head to face Yuri. He had a confused expression on his face.

“Yoona,” Yuri turned to face Jonghyun, “likes to bottle up her feelings inside. She is not good in expressing her emotion.” Yuri smiled. “And that’s why I think she usually chooses to avoid me rather than talking back. She is like that since she was young. She is the passive, I am the aggressive.”

“You seemed to know her very well.”

“Try being her enemy for 19 years, then you will know her as well as I do.” Yuri paused. “What Yoona wanted to say is to tell you to wait for a year. She really likes you.” Yuri laughed. “She is too afraid of rejection that she could not even tell you to wait for her.”

Yuri patted his shoulder. “Think about it. It is not a bad idea actually.” Yuri flashed another smile, “you could date other people, free of commitment before you need to face her.”

“Now if you don’t mind, I have a person to tease.”

Yuri then skipped towards the school.

 

Back to heaven....

 

Krystal walked out of Tiffany’s office to a full crowd of people. Seohyun, on the other hand, stood in front of the office, waiting.

“Don’t worry, Seohyun” Krystal smiled at her as she took a spot beside her.

Not long after that, Tiffany came out. She walked toward the edge of the raised platform and put her hands on the railing. She looked at the pool of cupids in front of her, all curious of what their leader was going to say.

“I have an important announcement to make.” Tiffany said, causing all her staff to turn silent. “Starting from tomorrow, Krystal would take over my position for a while.”

Tiffany’s statement caused buzzing among the angels. Even Seohyun was surprised about the statement.

“Fany unnie, what you mean?” Seohyun questioned the leader.

“There are matters that need my personal handling on the Earth, so I would be making a visit to Earth until I find it is not necessary anymore.”

Some of the angels had turned solemn and some even expressed their sadness through tears.

“But don’t be sad, I would still be handling and monitoring everyone’s work. So don’t be lazy,” Tiffany joked.

“Our maknae here,” Tiffany extended her hand to Seohyun, wrapping her hand on Seohyun’s shoulder, “will join me, as a punishment for her clumsiness that caused this problem in the first place.”

“I know our work is not that heavy especially because Valentine’s day had just passed. But still do not slack off and postpone everything to the last minute. If there is anything important such that you need to contact me directly, you could always approach Krystal for that. Understand.”

The cupids nodded.

“Good, now back to work!”

Tiffany turned to Seohyun, “you follow me.”

As soon as they entered the office, Tiffany took her seat while Seohyun was as frozen as ice. Then suddenly Seohyun bursted to tears and hugged Tiffany.

“Unnie, thank you.”

“Stupid Seohyun, you think I would deport you? You are still too young, there are many more things to learn. I would not exile you that soon.”

Tiffany Seohyun’s back gently, “packed already?”

Seohyun broke the hug and nodded.

“Good. Late tonight, we will leave for earth. When we arrive I have a task for you.”

“What unnie?”

“I need you to stalk someone.”

 

Yoona’s and Yuri’s story

 

“Hey,” Yuri said. She just caught up with Yoona.

Yoona busily wiped the tears that flowed and acted like nothing was wrong.

“What are you doing?”

“Checking that you are okay.”

One statement from Yuri and Yoona’s heart was already beating like crazy.

“Ah,” Yoona yelped in frustration.

Yuri slung her hand across Yoona’s shoulder and then used her palm to shut Yoona’s mouth. The only sound left was Yoona’s muffling and a few undecephirable words like ‘klepy’ and ‘hell’.

“Q3 should not scream so early in the morning,” Yuri smirked.

“At least, you got to abandon silver for gold.”

Yoona struggled to speak. Eventually she tried to pry open Yuri’s hand.

“No screaming, promise.”

Yoona vigorously nodded.

Yoona panted, “fresh air.” Yoona exhaled.

Yoona asked, “what silver and gold.”

Yuri shook her head. “Sometimes you are really slow. You got to abandon Jonghyun and got something better.”

“Something better?” Yoona questioned.

“Me,” Yuri confidently answered.

Yoona suddenly stopped walking before laughing and then acted like she wanted to puke.

“I think I am never this disgusted before.”

Yuri balled up her hand and with her knuckles hit Yoona’s head lightly.

“HEY, I am Kwon Yuri.”

Then Yuri dragged Yoona up her feet and put her hand on Yoona’s shoulder. They walked side by side.

“Now we could also walk to school together. We could clock in more hours, then perhaps we don’t need to meet each other again on the weekends.”

“Okay, okay...”

As they entered the school complex, they could see students turning towards them and started whispering. Some were even pointing towards their direction and throwing hateful looks towards them.

“What’s with everyone?” Yoona asked.

“Maybe they are not used seeing us not fighting.” Yuri answered.

A few moments after that, Sooyoung ran towards them. They could guess what Sooyoung was doing before. Mustard was all over her chin and she was still biting her food. An incident that even caused Sooyoung to left her food and came to both of them, Yoona and Yuri was getting anxious.

“Both of you follow me now.”

Sooyoung did not say much as she dragged YoonYul into the Royalty room.

When they entered the room, they could see a brown leather swivel chair on the centre of the room, just behind their work table. A few moments later, the chair turned, revealing a small sized Taeyeon on the middle of the chair, seemingly engulfed by it.

“Do I look cool,” Taeyeon said, her ahjumma smile was on.

Yoona and Yuri pressed their palms to their mouth, suppressing the laughter that threatened to escape.

Sooyoung on the other hand did not look to happy, a rare occurance considering her personality.

“KIM TAEYEON, THE PROBLEM!,” Sooyoung yelled.

“Oh yes,” Taeyeon quickly grabbed the newspaper in front of her and threw it to Yoona and Yuri.

“Explain,” Taeyeon said.

Yoona and Yuri opened the newspaper. Both were shocked beyond words such that they only remained quiet.

“How could this...” Yoona said.

As if to confirm what they had just seen, Sooyoung reiterated.

“Exclusive : YoonYul – from enemies to secret couple.”


Author's note:

I know this is long due, and I promised it would be earlier, but since asianfanfic having server maintainance and all the work I updated during the weekend gone, I could not bring myself to re-do everything. But now I have and hopefully you guys havent lost interest in this yet.. ;) 

Anyway, don't expect next chapter to be updated sooner. Since school is starting and probably I am going to be extremely busy with school, I could only write and update whenever I am free. Please do understand. Enjoy and have a nice weekend!