Thread 9 – Gossip spreads like fire

Accidentally Fated


 

Previously on AF

“I would stay on earth,” Tiffany stated.

---

“Good. Late tonight, we will leave for earth. When we arrive I have a task for you.”

“What unnie?”

“I need you to stalk someone.”

---

Yoona and Yuri opened the newspaper. Both were shocked beyond words such that they only remained quiet.

“Exclusive : YoonYul – from enemies to secret couple.”

 

 

“The sound of symphony filled my dreams.” – Jessica

 

 

 

Jessica turned around on her bed. Her eyebrows were creased and beads of cold sweat were visible on her forehead. She was dreaming.

 

It was certainly not the first time Jessica dreamed. I mean, a common person usually dreams right? Anyway, this is the first time she dreamed of something different. Something that felt too real – like a premonition. I would let her tell you herself.

 

Jessica got up and sat on her bed. She was panting, finding herself hard to breathe. She tried to recall her dream.

 

Sound of crying. Then bustling of tree leaves. Running. Blur images. A song, and warmth on my hands. No, not my hands, it was an embrace. And one last sentence.

“Even in this life, the next life, forever, I will never regret loving you.”

 

===

 

“Exclusive : YoonYul – from enemies to secret couple.”

“WHAT THE Hell..” Yuri said. “You guys believe this,” Yuri continued while staring at Taeyeon then Sooyoung.

“You know for a fact that we would not have doubted you. Besides, we know that Sunny usually report false news anyways, but this time round, the evidence is quite convincing that both me and Sooyoung are swayed to believe it,” Taeyeon explained.

“Just read on first?” Sooyoung encouraged.

 

Exclusive : YoonYul – from enemies to secret couple

Yoona and Yuri, or YoonYul as Twin Troopers, a group of YoonYul’s fans, called them, may have just grant their troopers biggest dream. Yoona and Yuri were spotted sharing more than just a playful gaze. Both are caught spending lunch period together, and even more surprising is the sudden closeness of the two always fighting Royalty. Our editor-in-chief, Lee Sunny, had the opportunity to exclusively caught this moment on film (figure.1).

 

“We are always this way. We fight, we bicker. We are like this. There is nothing new.” Yoona complained.

“The ring, Yoong,” Yuri said, her eyes still perplexed on the newspaper.

“Huh?” Yoona turned towards the newspaper.

“Here,” Yuri pointed to a section of the newspaper.

 

Not only that, both are spotted wearing the same couple ring (figure.2). Although no official statement had been made, we, S.M. Herald team, are pretty optimistic about the positive news coming soon. – Sunny

 

“Yes, that’s the question,” Sooyoung folded her arms. “Why suddenly the couple ring.”

“Me and Sooyoung had actually noticed that for quite some time. But we thought it is a coincidence. However after the news got out, both of us need to at least get an explanation about this.”

Sooyoung noticed something and moved towards Yoona and Yuri. She grabbed both their hands and examined it for a while before mumbling.

“It is different from the previous one, Taeng.”

The two pulled their hands simultaneously. Sooyoung still staring at her own hands before finally realising it and breaking from her stupor.

“I need more food.” Sooyoung commented.

“YAH Sooyoung,” Taeyeon scolded. “Now, YoonYul, can both of you explain please.”

“Erm...”

Yoona kicked Yuri’s foot. When Yuri looked down, she could see Yoona’s index finger pointed at her. And then Yoona cleared .

“It’s a game really, between me and Yoona,” Yuri finally explained.

“What game?”

“A game where one loses and wins,” Yuri stuttered. Suddenly Yuri grabbed Yoona by her shoulder. “She would tell you more.”

Yoona gave Yuri a piercing glare and turned towards the other.

“Just a stupid game that we came up with during the Valentine’s day. Remember when we went for the fair? Yuri insisted to buy the rings. She said she really wanted a game involving couple rings. Right Yul?” Yoona said sarcastically.

“I might be the one suggesting to buy the ring, but it is Yoona who wanted to play the game!” Yuri tried to make herself less guilty.

“Lose once, we would change to a ring with higher amount of diamond on it.” Yoona tried to explain as her mind run frantic with the most logical explanation.

 

Although it is a bit illogical, but it is still a good effort. Thumbs up to you, Yoona.

 

Yuri clasped her hands, as if praising Yoona’s excellent explanation.

“That’s why, two diamonds each on our rings. We have each lost twice.”

A fake smile was painted on Yuri’s face.

Before Taeyeon and Sooyoung could rebut, they were already interrupted by a familiar voice of an individual.

“As expected, Royalty won’t sit still when such huge news comes out.”

Sunny and Hyomin were standing by the door, triumphant look on Sunny’s face.

“So you are already discussing how to handle this news. What are you going to say? It’s true or it’s false,” Sunny smirked.

“How could you report false news?” Sooyoung asked in a higher tone.

“Wow, easy Q2. Don’t get angry too quickly.”

Sunny turned to Sooyoung.

“This time I got all the evidence. Not enough?”

Sunny picked up the S.M. Herald that was placed on the table. She peeked on it a bit before continuing.

“Besides, there is nothing wrong being a lesbian. Right Taeyeon?” Sunny said sarcastically.

She shifted her gaze towards Taeyeon. And they stared at each other for some time. There was a glint of anger on Sunny’s glare while it was pain and sympathy from Taeyeon’s.

Eventually, Taeyeon break the gaze.

Others were kind of confused of what was happening.

“Anyway, I have finished giving my greetings to the Royalty,” Sunny said, gaining her composure.

“Let’s go Hyomin.”

Sunny left the room.

“She surely knows that Royalty could not have a relationship with one another,” Sooyoung balled her fist and mumbled.

“Why?” Yoona asked out of curiosity.

“You don’t know?” Sooyoung asked.

YoonYul just shook their heads.

“It happens once. Two Qs fell in love with each other. But when their relationship got out, things go haywire.”

“Then what happened?” Yuri questioned.

“Both commited suicide,” Taeyeon replied.

Both Yoona and Yuri gulped.

 

===

 

“Do you think we could be like them. Shunned away...”

Yoona looked down, completely worried.

“...... and then commited suicide.”

“Aish....” Yuri hit Yoona’s head. “Why are you so pessimistic?  Taeng and Sooyoung already said that they would further discusss ways to help us. Both of us know that the story is not completely true, so just hold on to that. We will win.”

Yuri balled her fist and showed a determined face.

 

Both of them are on their way to the classroom. Bell has just rung so the school corridor has started emptying.

 

“Besides, we are YoonYul. We are the strongest alliance ever created. Nothing could defeat us.”

Yuri exclaimed. Then she opened the classroom door.

Total silence. Everyone turned to them.

 

Still normal... Royalty effect.

But the next thing that happened is certainly not normal.

 

“What are you doing here? You are setting a bad example to the school,” one student yelled.

Then the others joined in the chanting.

“Okay, perhaps we are not really undefeatable.”

Yuri closed the door and pulled Yoona’s hand, prompting Yoona to also run away.

“Where are the two of you going?”

A voice suddenly said.

 

Introducing YoonYul homeroom teacher, Mr Ha Dong Hoon otherwise known as Mr HaHa. He was a rather short individual, approximately the same height as or just slightly shorter than YoonYul. He teaches Korean language and has an obsession with Pororo. And hence his other nickname, Haroro.

Now Haroro is standing in front of them with a curious look. He is donning a blue specs and holding several books. Looking down, you could spot a small cute Pororo doll jutting out from his pants’ pocket.

“Haha Seonsaengnim.” Yoona smiled. “We are not going anywhere.”

Yoona kicked Yuri’s leg again.

“Yes, not going anywhere.”

Yuri looked at Yoona with an annoyed expression.

HaHa opened the classroom door to the rather loud complaining noise of the students. Apparently most people expected YoonYul to open the door and ready to blast them with another round of nasty words.

“Class!!!!!”

 

And HaHa started his speech about the importance on tolerance and other ‘wise’ things that a teacher should say.

Meanwhile, YoonYul are standing at the back. They are trying a round of ventriloquism.

 

“You say we have a growing alliance,” Yoona complained.

“You know, people say that the bad always dominates.” Yuri replied.

Yoona chuckled.

“Wae?” Yuri asked, confused.

“Just whisper to me what you want to say. It is so obvious that you are talking. You lips keep moving,” Yoona said, her lips still not moving.

“I thought I am good at this,” Yuri finally said softly without ventriloquism.

“What?” Yoona perked her ears, trying to hear what Yuri was saying.

Yuri exhaled in frustration.

She grabbed Yoona by the wrist and pulled her closer to her. Then she moved closer to Yoona’s ear.

Yoona could feel her heart beating, so fast as if it was ready to jump out her chest. And the sudden hotness that she felt, she could already guess that she was blushing.

“I say, I thought I am good at this.”

Although Yuri tried to speak normally yet softly, but to Yoona ears, her voice sound luring, seductive.

Yoona clenched her fist, as she tried to chase away the growing feeling, but it was still persistently there.

Yoona could feel cold sweat on her forehead.

As Yuri moved away, breaking the little bubble that they were in, they realised that the whole class had focused their attention to both of them. Even Mr. HaHa who was previously lecturing the class also turned to them.

Both of them hung their head low, trying to avoid people’s gaze.

HaHa just sighed and gave them a disappointing look.

“Go back to your seats.”

Yoona and Yuri walked to their respective seats. Surprisingly, today the seat in between them was empty. As they sat down, they could hear chattering of their peers. From what they heard, most of them said something along the line of ‘YoonYul is real’.

One thought crossed both of their minds at that exact time

 

We are digging our own grave.

 

===

 

“My name is Seo Ju Hyun, but you can call me Seohyun. Please treat me well.”

Seohyun bowed after giving her short introduction.

 

Welcome to class 2-3. A normal class with no royalty member at all. But one notable person is here – our dearest Sunny. And also another person....

 

BAM!

A loud sound of closing door was heard as Seohyun took her seat. Seohyun turned and saw a person walking past her. She could not really grasp who that person was. She only heard the teacher yelling something about punctuality and discipline.

The girl was also nothing sort of normal. She was wearing a headphone across her head and donning a light grey hoodie over her school uniform.

She took her seat at the furthest right hand corner of the room, one that was closest to the window. Looking completely indifferent and cold, she threw her sling bag on the floor and took off her headphone. After all that, then Sunny commented.

“Our day won’t be complete without the big entrance of Jessica Jung.”

Hearing the name Jessica Jung, Seohyun quickly turned her head towards the mentioned person. She scrutinized the person carefully, taking in every inch of the person’s appearance – her long silky dark brown hair that draped over her shoulder, her cold stare that was expressionless and of course her nonchalant look.

 

So this is the person that Unnie told me to stalk. Poor Jessica Jung, always lonely.

 

“Ok class, let’s start the lesson.”

Before totally turning her attention to the teacher, Seohyun stole another glance at Jessica’s direction.

Jessica was now back wearing her headphone. She looked outside the window, so solemn and peaceful. Like before, Seohyun still could not guess what that person was thinking, but Jessica’s face made her feel sympathetic. The longing eyes, and just a small sad smile that accompanied it, made her conclude on one possible idea.

Jessica Jung was waiting.

 

===

 

Yuri could feel the small paper ball hitting her face. She looked up and saw Yoona looking at her with an annoyed expression. Yoona then signalled Yuri to read the balled paper.

Yuri scoffed and rapidly opened up the paper.

 

You should control your action another time. We shouldn’t be seen too close, at least not for the time being.

 

Yuri perched herself forward so that she could talk to Yoona. The empty table between them was obstructing their conversation.

“You shouldn’t blush. Why did you blush?” Yuri whispered, frustration in her voice.

“How can I control my blushing?” Yoona complained.

 

Yoona and Yuri always busy quarrelling with each other that they did not realise what is happening around them. This time is no exception. They did not even hear the loud knocking voice from outside.

 

“I didn’t blush.”

“That’s because you couldn’t. You are too corrupted to even do that most basic act of shyness.”

Suddenly they heard loud sound of throat being cleared and then another loud yelling.

“CLASS!!”

All of the students’ attention were diverted to Mr HaHa, whom now already had a student beside her.

“I know this is the last week of the semester, but we have a new student who would be joining us starting from today.”

She was wearing a super short skirt with the uniform’s tie hung loosely around her neck. Her hair was short, bangs brushed to one side – a cut that was perfectly wrapping her oval face. She was holding her hands in front of her, slight hint of timidness in her expression.

“Oh, crap,” Yoona said after looking at the person.

“Hi, I am Tiffany.”

Tiffany gave a huge smile, showing her beautiful white teeth, complete with her signature eye smile. The smile caused the other students to smile along and some were already discussing the beauty in front of them.

 

Eye smile that is working with human too.. Tiffany is certainly adorable ^^

 

But not to Yoona and Yuri. Both flinch in terror upon seeing the smile.

“Tiffany, you could take the seat between Yoona and Yuri. “

 

Their hell had arrived.

 

 

Author's note :

Finally this chapter is out. I am so busy with school that I barely have time to write. Even for this chapter I don't really have the time to properly edit it. So I apologise for any grammatical error. Anyway, for those complaining of the lack of JeTi, I have a masterplan for those two, so no worries. I think I gave a slight hint here already right. I'll try writing more when I have time but since tests are coming no promises on that!! And also, I am releasing this chapter first here in aff before in soshified cause I need considerable time to edit post there, so I thought I would give this as a gift to fellow aff reader. Enjoy and have a nice weekend.

P.s. Yes I love Running Man, so expect more RM member to come out.. :P