Thread 2 – The dare that started the domino

Accidentally Fated

 

“Of course we got special rooms.” Taeyeon said as they walked pass the corridor of the inn.

Now they were presented with a larger view. In front of them there were two separate small mansions that were located at the end of the inn. Safe to say it was rather secluded as well.

 

Mistake no. 1 : Secluded mansion

 

“We had our own private mansion..... “

 Taeyeon paused.

“Or what I thought luxurious private mansion...” Taeyeon’s voice trailed off as she realised the contradiction of her own words.

Scribbled wall, dull wallpapers and roof that seemed would collapse anytime.

“It would not be that bad inside right?” Taeyeon said, faking a smile.

As they walked even closer to the mansion, it seemed that their biggest fear had come true. The door seemed old and fragile, and as they took a peek inside the room, they realised that even the floor looked absolutely dirty with tattered carpet.

“Taeng, why do you get us separate rooms...” Sooyoung complained, stomping her legs on the ground.

“I tell the person to get us the largest rooms. They never tell me that it is an abandoned mansion,” Taeyeon defended.

“Then what are you guys doing, let’s start cleaning up,” Yuri jumped into the room, “I am going to be in the same room as Yoona right?” Smug smile could be seen on Yuri’s face.

“Of course......”

Sooyoung went up to Yuri.

“.......not. Come on let’s clean up our place instead,” Sooyoung said, dragging Yuri out of the room.

Both Taeyeon and Yoona could still hear Yuri’s protest and yelling even from inside the room.

“Thank you. I don’t know what will happen to me if Yuri is my roommate. Yuri and her 1001 way to trick me.”

“I knew it, and that’s why Sooyoung and I agreed on that. But I am really curious, why both of you fight all the time?”

“Ask her, she is the one inciting everything.”

 

When did people start kindergarten nowadays, I am not sure... But anyway, this flashback is during their kindergarten time.

 

Yoona was eating her packed lunch, one that her parents packed for her. Suddenly a girl came to her. Slightly tanner and taller than her at the time, she looked confident.

“Are you Im Yoona?”

Yoona looked up and saw the beaming girl.

“I am Kwon Yuri,” Yuri extended her hand which was soon to be welcomed by Yoona’s,“ your enemy.”

“My enemy? But I barely know you.”

Yuri plopped herself beside Yoona. She took a peek of the content of Yoona’s lunch box. Inside, there were pieces of kimbab, neatly placed in rows.

“Wow, kimbab,’ Yuri quickly grabbed a piece and munched it.

“Not bad, quite delicious. But my parents’ are better.”

“Your parents?” Yoona innocently replied.

“You still don’t know who I am aren’t you. You never saw me playing near your house?”

Yoona shook her head.

“I just live opposite of your house.”

“Your father owned Kwon restaurant?” Yoona asked, seemingly amazed.

“Yes.”

“Wow, I always wanted to become friends with you! My dad told me to be friend with daughter of the Kwons.” Yoona moved closer to Yuri, wanting to grab her into a bear hug.

“No,” Yuri moved back. “My dad told me to become enemy with you.”

“Why?” Yoona asked again. Her doe-eyes gleaming with innocence and curiosity.

Yuri seemed to be wavered slightly by Yoona’s gaze, initially she stuttered, before she stood up and smacked Yoona’s lunch box such that the content spilled to the floor.

“Whatever,” Yuri said, completing her mean attack, leaving Yoona weeping over her untouched kimbab.

 

End. Back to the present.

 

“Our families had been enemies. It is just sort of fated for us to be enemies as well,” Yoona continued.

“Then, that’s kind of unfair,”

“Eh?”

Yoona is confused by Taeyeon’s words.

“Because both of you did not even give yourselves a chance to know each other. Because, if both of you get to know each other like how you get to know me and Sooyoung, I think both of you would be a great friend.”

And that left Yoona with a question of ‘What if?’

 

Really, I think that whoever fixed the working day of cupids might be slightly crazy. Why choose only a day to fix everyone’s relationship?  What did they do whole year – sleeping, playing. Honestly I am not sure, but that’s how universe works here. Believe it or not.

 

“Argh, unnie, this is a lot,” Seohyun said after finally finishing her first shelf.

“Of course it’s a lot. It’s the relationships of everyone on Earth,” Tiffany said, looking through some lists.

 

Did people still get short-sighted in heaven? Maybe they did, because Tiffany is wearing her specs lowly. How old is she actually? Anyway, she still looked cute with it.

 

“Unnie, we really should ask for extension. I mean why crammed everything in a day.”

 

Exactly.

 

“Don’t ask me. It had been like that since ages ago.”

Tiffany kept mumbling to herself as she flipped her list again. On the other hand, Seohyun was busy doing her job. It is getting frustrating since it was a lot. But at least, one of the benefits was that she could not feel tired.

“Second row do..” Seohyun sentence was cut by Tiffany’s sudden yelp.

“This is impossible. It’s already, I think 5 generation. How could this person keep not having a love line? I thought this year would be it. I really need to check with Leetuk. How can a person keep being destined to be alone?”

Seohyun had not even processed what Tiffany was saying, but Tiffany had already disappeared. There was just a faint ‘keep working’ that she heard.

 

Leetuk is the leader of destiny/accidence department. In case you are wondering why the two department are grouped together, well, it is because accidence comes from coincidence and of course coincidence comes from destiny, right? Just for easy calling, let’s refer to it as D department, ok? Anyway, back to our innocent Seohyun. In my opinion, she is really similar to the young Tiffany. Not the look but the personality.

A few hours after that.

 

“Last row finally done,” Seohyun said. Arms extended as she looked at her own work in awe.

“Let me re-check again from the beginning. There are still about 2 hours. I could make it till the end,” Seohyun happily announced to herself as she skipped back to the first shelf.

***

Duk, duk, duk.

Sooyoung and Yuri both turned towards the source of the sound, the door. A moment later, Taeyeon’s head could be seen sticking out from the door’s opening. She gave a huge smile followed by the sudden appearance of Yoona’s head.

“Wanna have fun?” Taeyeon said as she flung out a carton of beer cans.

Taeyeon jumped into the room, overly enthusiastic. Both Sooyoung and Yuri turned to Yoona who was walking slowly into the room.

 

Their glares seemingly implying something along the line of ‘why do you let this person go loose.’

 

Yoona shrugged her shoulder and she spoke softly.

“You know Byuntaeng. She can resist this kind of stuff,” followed by Yoona’s pointing finger to Taeyeon.

“C’mon, let’s gather around,” Taeyeon continued as she plopped herself into the centre of the room.

“How about a game of truth and dare,” Taeyeon suggested.

 

After a while.

 

“C’mon Yul. You choose truth right. Tell us, how many guys had you rejected?” Sooyoung kept pestering Yuri to tell her.

 

Indeed that among the 4Qs, Yuri is the most popular among guys. She has this athletic, y image she maintained that made guys just go crazy. There are many rumours going around that she is a player. I don’t need to mention who started it right, I think all of you could have guessed. But it seems that Yuri enjoyed that image immensely.

 

“I think the correct question should be how many guys has she slept with,” Yoona nonchalantly added.

“Yah, Im Yoona, I am not that erted,” Sooyoung interrupted.

“256 guys, 124 girls,” Yuri said lightly as she took a gulp of her beer.

 

Everyone turned to Yuri. Sooyoung was gaping while Taeyeon had this Byun face on. Don’t know what that person is thinking, but probably not something proper. Yoona of course did not care. In fact she had partial disgusted/smirking on her face.

 

“I rejected, not slept with,” Yuri continued.

Everyone other than Yoona gave a relieved sigh.

“As expected,” Yoona commented.

Yuri sneered. She made a mental note to do something about this later on.

Yuri grabbed the bottle and spun it. Silently, she was praying that the bottle stopped in front of Yoona, then maybe she could take her revenge.

The bottle spun and spun, then like everything that moved, it stopped.