Chapter 5

Through Thick and Thin

When arriving at the dorm, the girls decided to celebrate.

"Namjoo-ah, I heard that you are good at making kimchi stew." Bomi smiled at her.

"NEH! let's make it as a celebration for all of us reuniting after 2 years!" Namjoo shouted with joy.

"But, we don't have any ingrdients. Bomi and I just moved in today." Naeun said.

"Okay, Bomi and I will go grocery shopping while you help them with settling in okay?" Eunji looked at  Naeun.

"Okay. but go quickly. I think it's going to rain today." Naeun said and the two girls left.

 

"I was so stupid to go away and not even say a goodbye to her." Sunggyu and Woohyun were at the bar and Woohyun could tell that he was getting drunk.

"Hmm. Sunggyu, dont blame yourself okay?"

"No but it is my fault. I messed up. i could be the happiest guy on earth right now, but no. I chose my stupid job instead of her."Sunggyu put his head on the table. Woohyun didn't say anything more and rubbed his back.

 

"Bomi-ah. Since there is alot of stuff to buy, let's split up and meet back at the house okay?"

"Alright. Do you know where everything is? I mean it has been 2 years."

"I remember everything don't worry." The girls split up and went their seperate ways.

 

Woohyun was taking a shot until he heard his phone ring. It was his mom.

"Look, Sunggyu I have to go."

"Go, I'll be fine. REALLY!"

"Really? okay, then i'm leaving. I'll call Hoya to come get you." Woohyun left the bar. As he got outside something caught his smell. It was fish cakes. HIS FAVORITE! his stomach was growling so he decided to go get some. He was walking towards the booth until he saw a familiar figure.

"How much is this ahjumma?"

"Ah, it's 2 dollars."

"I only have a dollar left now..." she said to herself. Woohyun slapped down a five dollar bill in front of the girl. It was Bomi. She looked up and saw Woohyun looking at her with his dark eyes. Her eyes widened and didnt speak.

Never in her life she wouldve thought to meet Woohyun again and if they did, not like this.

"Is this enough to buy you it, or do you need more?" Woohyun was obviously not talking about the fishcakes but about the past when Bomi left. She looked at him and shook her head. She turned around and was about to walk away until she felt someone pulling on her wrist.

"You're not running away this time." Woohyun glared at her. Bomi tried to set her wrist free from him but he was holding on it too tight. Her eyes were starting to water.

"What? Do you want some more money so you could get away from me?" Bomi set her wrist free and then slapped him across his cheek.

"You know nothing, and yet here you are yelling at me. Pathetic." She grabbed her grocery and walked away. Her eyes were tearing up and as she blinked the tears finally broke out were streaming out of her eyes like crazy. She didnt want to make it seem like she was crying so she quickly wiped her tears away.

Don't think we'll never see each other again Bomi, Woohyun thought to himself. His hand was on his cheek where she slapped him. He rubbed it and then left to go see his mother.

 

Eunji was skipping down the park with the grocery in her hands until she saw someone by the bushes. She looked over and it was a guy. Is he peeing? Eunji put on a grossed face on and walked slowly away. He must be a she thought. She walked quietly and slowly behind the guy until she heard her name coming from the peeing guy.

"Eunji-ah!" Eunji turned around and went towards him. "Eunji-ah! I'm so stupid.." 

Eunji went closer and saw his face....SUNGGYU! She was trembling and her eyes widen. It's really him she thought to herself. She saw him turn his face, and she looked away.

"Uhh.sorry." she said and ran away. She couldn't believe it. After all these years this was how they met..