Chapter 1

Choice. Love. Tears.

 

                “Hey, Joon, what the hell are we gonna do with her?”

                “Seungho, I said I was thinking about it. I was damn sure she wouldn’t wanna be in a gang. Damnit!” Joon paced around, “Where’s the girl?”

 

~~~

                They had me sitting in an almost empty room; only one couch and a table in front of it. What was going to happen to me? I knew I should have just taken the path that I normally took to get to my apartment. Always have to find shortcuts, don’t I? Stupid, stupid.

                I nearly screamed when I heard the door slam shut and saw three guys walking toward me. They were all skinny but definitely had muscle. I stood up. Who knew what they’d do? What if sitting while they were there was disrespectful? I’ve got to be as nice as possible.

                “So she’s it?” he had a smile on his face. It was almost innocent but I couldn’t count on that. This was a gang and I had to keep reminding myself that.

                “She doesn’t seem like any harm…why does she have to join?” the tallest one of them asked.

                “Thunder, you naïve little one…” the first one said and as if on second thought, turned to the one with a mustache, looking confused, “though, Hyung, I’m wondering the same thing. She looks harmless.”

                It was almost as if I wasn’t even here. They were ignoring me and just talking. I may look “harmless” but I can do damage as well. They, of course, didn’t know that.

                “Mir, Thunder, you two never cease to amaze me. She’s here because she witnessed what she shouldn’t have. Either she is to be killed or join. I think killing her would have been the best option but you know Joon, always giving chances.”

                I started choking on my own spit. These guys were hoping to kill me? Just like that? How can he say it so casually?

                “G.O, you scared her!” the one named Thunder was suddenly next to me patting my back, “are you okay?”

                I wasn’t coughing as bad anymore and wiped my eyes from the tears.

                “I-I’m fine…” dangit, I couldn’t even try to sound confident in front of them.

                “Okay, well, let’s introduce ourselves, I’m Park Sanghyun but they call me Thunder.”

                “I’m Bang Chulyong aka Mir, yo!”

                “Jung Byunghee. Call me G.O.”

                “I’m Lee Chaerin, nice to meet you.”

                Thunder and Mir were okay. Mir even made me smile ‘cause he looked so adorable and playful. It was G.O that scared me. I knew there were two more and didn’t want to even think about meeting them…at all. But with my luck, why would that even be delayed?

                I heard the door open behind them and felt my heart right in my throat. Two guys walked in, one of which I assumed was the one that gave me this choice. He should have been; he had that aura of authority all around him. The two came and stood next to the other three. I guess they were the main five guys? I hadn’t seen anyone else walking around with as much confidence as these five had.

                “Getting friendly, are we?” the one with spiked up black hair said. He didn’t seem too bad either. He smiled and definitely seemed like a nice one. He was good-looking too, if I must say. Were these guys really a gang? I mean, talk about killing and all, but could they actually do it? They all seemed too nice and friendly. I was getting more and more confused by the second.

                “You said you would join, right? This means you ain’t gonna go around and tell everyone what you heard. Not even the guys outside this room. Got it? ‘Cause if you do, I’ll blow your damn brain out.”

                All I could do was nod, and even that was difficult. I was convinced then and there that they were a gang. He meant serious business and I wasn’t about to argue back. I guess they were all nice except for this one.

                “Hyung! Don’t be so mean! She’s a nice one. I wanna keep her,” the one named Mir hugged me and I couldn’t help but stiffen up. He was adorable, yes, but what if he was a freaking killing machine?

                “Mir, no hugging anyone until we know we can trust her,” G.O said.

                I had already made it clear that I could be trusted. I was complying with everything they were saying. I didn’t even fight when they dragged me into this place. What the heck am I supposed to do now?

                “Boys, that’s enough!”

               A female voice? Was she their mother? Either way, another female voice seemed like light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe she could get me free. I had agreed that I’d join this gang but never even signed anything or had an “initiation.” Freedom!

                “Noona!” Mir ran to the girl and hugged her, “You’re not alone anymore!”

                Noona? So she’s one of their sisters. Alone? Why am I so confused?!

                “What are you doing to the poor thing?” she walked up to the scary one and placed her hands on her hips. He rolled his eyes and sighed. She was definitely his sister; she had to be.

                “She saw something she shouldn’t have and is now a part of us. It’s that simple,” he said.

                Yeah, it’s simple for you to say.

               I was just about ready to burst. They were holding me captive. I could call the police and they wouldn’t even notice. But wait…where the heck was I?

                Their sister walked up to me and smiled. I somehow felt calm. She seemed like a nice and warm person. She would definitely help me get free from them.

                “You’ll get used to us and this place soon, don’t worry.”

                No. Freaking. Way.